Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.39: Dick Pictures for Everyone!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.39: Dick Pictures for Everyone!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I think on issues for myself, thank you.

And on this I'm a pragmatist. A carbon-managed future is coming. I'll ride with the present generation resources mix because the energy storage tech we need is coming. It just is. Just look at a phone battery today versus the 1980s. To me a big NG conversion now is putting resources to an interim solution, a patch. Put the money into getting the storage issue solved and we're in a much better place.

When the energy storage we need is practical the carbon-based energy past becomes a campfire story*.

*Catch the irony there?
    OK. So why don't we take our alternatives (solar, wind, etc) to what they're capable of with what batteries we have today? Europe has a vastly higher percentage coming from renewables - and their energy markets appear to be functioning just fine.

We should be pressing on on all fronts - including alternative installations. We are far less likely to charge forward on batteries if adjacent technologies aren't proactively pushed to the limit and beyond. The US didn't just wait for pc or mobile phone or <...>-related technologies to be developed. Arguably the most powerful private special interest in the world seem to be the glaring difference between alternatives and other sizable tech industries...and the US and Europe.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Does your thinking include the fact that these days, party affiliation tells you more about how the candidate will govern if elected than pretty much anything else? McCain's vote on health care was so dramatic precisely because party line votes are the norm.
      The labels are just noise. Show me the actions.

You point to Sen McCain; I'd point to Sen Heitkamp (D-ND) and her better than A- NRA rating. You don't see that from most Ds.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        So why don't we take our alternatives (solar, wind, etc) to what they're capable of with what batteries we have today?
        Today we don't have batteries anywhere near the scale to handle today's solar and wind.

Wind and solar are already second, third, generation technologies. Large scale (power plant scale) storage is in infancy.

Solve storage.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          The labels are just noise. Show me the actions.

You point to Sen McCain; I'd point to Sen Heitkamp (D-ND) and her better than A- NRA rating. You don't see that from most Ds.
          Heitkamp is a D in a solid red state. Of course she's going to be on the conservative end of her party.

She's still less likely to vote with Trump than any single Republican party member. Put another way, replace her with generic Canadia South Republican, and her 55% turns into 95% based on party label alone.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...s-trump-score/

Sort by the Trump Score column. Collins and Paul are the only Republicans below 80% agreement with Trump. Collins barely so, and Paul's disagreements are often because Trump's positions aren't conservative enough.
          Last edited by unofan; 08-20-2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

She's still less likely to vote with Trump than any single Republican party member.
            Yeah, but you don't have to live with her campaign ads where she's touting how much she has voted ( " ... >50%!" ) with Trump.

That said, the more Cramer (Heitkamp's opponent) opens his yap the more I'm leaning toward Heidi. I can't stand to be in a room with Cramer. He oozes ignoramus.
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 08-20-2018, 03:48 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Yeah, but you don't have to live with her campaign ads where she's touting how much she has voted ( " ... >50%!" ) with Trump.
              Such a great thing to have in an ad as a Democrat. Such a great thing for a Democrat to need in their state to win. So awesome.

"I voted with a criminal hell bent on destroying the United States over 50% of the time. Vote for me."

I weep for this ****ed up country.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                She's a D in a solid red state.

Which should be as profound as your "Who shows up" remarks, yet here I am having to repeat it to you as though this is breaking news

Comment

She's a D in a solid red state.

Which should be as profound as your "Who shows up" remarks, yet here I am having to repeat it to you as though this is breaking news
                  Thing is, there are a lot of Rs that don't like Cramer.
                  Given that's the key race in ND this November, yes, it'll be who shows up (and I have a feeling a lot of Rs aren't motivated to show up for Cramer).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Today we don't have batteries anywhere near the scale to handle today's solar and wind.

Wind and solar are already second, third, generation technologies. Large scale (power plant scale) storage is in infancy.

Solve storage.
                    Somehow Europe is coping. Its beginning to sound more like a fossil fuel special interest answer all the time.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      Beginning to sound more like a fossil fuel special interest answer all the time.
                      I've already said the minute storage is solved (and that's closer than you think, say 40 years out) that fossil fuels are dead*.

*There's a pun in there somewhere.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I've already said the minute storage is solved (and that's closer than you think, say 40 years out) that fossil fuels are dead*.

*There's a pun in there somewhere.
                        Don't worry. The people who made all the money off of fossils fuels will get out before they lose anything. Retirement Accounts and the Government will pick up the tab.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Manafort jury day 3 is done.

I have the over/under at Day 6.5 for a verdict. Place your bets.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Don't worry. The people who made all the money off of fossils fuels will get out before they lose anything. Retirement Accounts and the Government will pick up the tab.
                            Who you kiddin' Scoob. They'll have reinvested and own the storage industry by then.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Who you kiddin' Scoob. They'll have reinvested and own the storage industry by then.
                              Kidding? No. I never kid about the rigged game. Never.

Comment

Manafort jury day 3 is done.

I have the over/under at Day 6.5 for a verdict. Place your bets.
                                How many charges are there for the jury to address?

At least it's criminal. Special verdict questions in some civil cases can be pretty complicated.

Comment

Working...
                                X