Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.39: Dick Pictures for Everyone!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.39: Dick Pictures for Everyone!!!!!!!

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    It covers how security clearances are established, and later revoked. Does Brennan have a different clearance now that he's no longer in government? Or is it the same one that was granted, and covered by this regulation? And if the question is nagging at you so badly, why don't you do your own research to find out?

Looking for anything to excuse what your boy Trumpy does. Normalizing the abnormal.
    I did enough research to read your link. It's an executive order covering classified access for federal employees, (not former federal employees.) Know why it's an executive order? Because classification power stems from the executive branch, i.e. the President, not congress. Because the President has complete authority over classification of information, and who has access to it. You can argue all you want about whether rescinding Brennan's access is right or wrong, but your suggestion that it didn't follow a proper procedure or was illegal in some way is complete bs.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      I did enough research to read your link. It's an executive order covering classified access for federal employees, (not former federal employees.) Know why it's an executive order? Because classification power stems from the executive branch, i.e. the President, not congress. Because the President has complete authority over classification of information, and who has access to it. You can argue all you want about whether rescinding Brennan's access is right or wrong, but your suggestion that it didn't follow a proper procedure or was illegal in some way is complete bs.
      Correct. The President is a petty, whiny, POS. That's the point and has been the entire point since he took office.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Normalizing the abnormal. Every president does it. No big deal.

Yep, got it.

What's it gonna take?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          I said read them in when they are the subject matter expert and are needed.

Not being in the employ (and thus not having need to know) is a big deal, though you may downplay it.
          Your assumption means that they are only consulted when someone feels the need, my assumption is that they are constantly being consulted.

Instead of just saying it's a big deal, explain why.

On the other hand, I think it's a big deal that they are willing to spend their time and effort to provide advice for free. I appreciate the fact that they are willing to sacrifice themselves to provide this service for free.

Again, using yourself is a bad example, since you may be capable of providing input on a very specific item. These guys have a very global reference to work with. So working/not working- you need to provide a much better argument than just that they are not employed by the government and you think that's a big deal. Why is it a big deal?

I'm not downplaying it at all. Quite the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Correct. The President is a petty, whiny, POS. That's the point and has been the entire point since he took office.
            Who's arguing with that?

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Normalizing the abnormal. Every president does it. No big deal.

Yep, got it.

What's it gonna take?
            Take for what? For you to acknowledge you didn't really know what you were talking about? Not gonna happen, I'm sure. Easier to fall back on trying to vilify anyone who points out a conflicting fact. That is, afterall, what has made this thread the great melting pot of opinions that it is!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Don't even get me going on that situation.

Trump effed that all up with his tweets.

Trump should've sent FBI agents to Oma's next book signing and perp-walked her to Federal court for those recordings.
              For disclosing non classified materials? Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                Directly from Nixon's articles of impeachment:
                Thanks for the home work

Comment

What I'm seeing in news reports (e.g. this from CBS) is: "President Trump has ordered former CIA Director John Brennan's security clearance to be revoked."
                  The mental gymnastics you repeatedly go through to defend this guy no matter what is very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Your assumption means that they are only consulted when someone feels the need, my assumption is that they are constantly being consulted.
                    And I'm saying if you're in the job you shouldn't need your predecessor there to hand-hold you constantly. Needing their historic knowledge should be as-needed, and when you do, read them in.

More folks with eyes on is more opportunity for information misuse. Or worse (espionage). That's why it's a big deal.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      For disclosing non classified materials? Good luck with that.
                      Oma's problem is no recording devices are allowed in the Situation Room and somehow she has a recording of a conversation from that room on her device. Whups.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        The mental gymnastics you repeatedly go through to defend this guy no matter what is very impressive.
                        Gymnastics? Um, no.

I'm a details guy. By what means/mechanisms/authority did he pull the clearance? Did he follow the process? Write an EO? Put out a press statement with nothing to back it? I'd think everyone would like to know that.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Who's arguing with that?

Take for what? For you to acknowledge you didn't really know what you were talking about? Not gonna happen, I'm sure. Easier to fall back on trying to vilify anyone who points out a conflicting fact. That is, afterall, what has made this thread the great melting pot of opinions that it is!
                          For this guy to go too far for you. Does he have to start lining people up and shooting them? Will that do it? Or is that "perfectly within his presidential authority"?

Comment

Oma's problem is no recording devices are allowed in the Situation Room and somehow she has a recording of a conversation from that room on her device. Whups.
                            But there's no law against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Ok, point to me where that's a crime as opposed to an internal policy violation. Keep in mind D.C. is a one-party jurisdiction for wiretapping purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                Ok, point to me where that's a crime as opposed to an internal policy violation. Keep in mind D.C. is a one-party jurisdiction for wiretapping purposes.
                                And whatta they gonna do, fire her?

Comment

Working...
                                X