Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    ? - can't say I've seen any freakouts over me and mookie's fellow BU grad except for her idiotic twitter attack on her opponent for being on a 3rd party ballot that he can't get off of by law. Aside from needing to be a bit more seasoned I'm sure she fits that district pretty well.
    Only other one was Lieberman who stopped being a Democrat about 20 years ago.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Alex Jones also attacked her too lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        The Dem backlash against Ocasio-Cortez is getting pretty funny. The Establishment is friggin scared of her and they are getting all their friends on tv and in the papers to make sure she doesnt get too popular.
        That's Perez. Stupid choice.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

? - can't say I've seen any freakouts over me and mookie's fellow BU grad except for her idiotic twitter attack on her opponent for being on a 3rd party ballot that he can't get off of by law. Aside from needing to be a bit more seasoned I'm sure she fits that district pretty well.
          You need to go on twitter more. Articles all over the place talking about how she is dangerous, she shouldnt be the standard bearer for the party and downplaying her upset. I will see if I can find them.

edit: Oh lord just typing her name in brought up a video of Tomi Lahren calling her toxic. The irony was delicious...but god seeing and hearing her talk makes me want to drown myself.
          Last edited by Handyman; 07-20-2018, 10:09 AM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You need to go on twitter more.
            Said no one, ever.

Comment

Good to see the "Womens Equality Party" endorsed Cuomo and Crowley in their races against women.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Said no one, ever.
                Yeah I felt weird typing that...though it is better than watching tv
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Good to see the "Womens Equality Party" endorsed Cuomo and Crowley in their races against women.
                  https://www.cityandstateny.com/artic...-together.html

They're directly tied to Cuomo. It's a smokescreen to get that ***** elected again.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Crowley still being on the ballot in NY is probably the only thing that can stop AOC. It would do her well to be more prepared though when discussing national political issues though. Her unemployment gaffe was kinda Trump like in its stupidity. (I said kinda)
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Crowley still being on the ballot in NY is probably the only thing that can stop AOC. It would do her well to be more prepared though when discussing national political issues though. Her unemployment gaffe was kinda Trump like in its stupidity. (I said kinda)
                      All politics are local. She should worry about constituent services rather than the Kremlin. The former gets you reelected.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Tomi Lehren is the Dem establishment person freaking out about her?

Look, without knowing AOC too well, the only story I heard about her post-nomination regarding Dem infighting was when she stupidly attacked Crowley on twitter (that again) for being on a 3rd party ballot. As the guy politely explained, he's already endorsed her 3 times, had no plans on running in the general, and by law couldn't get off the 3rd party ballot unless he 1) died, 2) committed a crime, 3) moved out of state, or 4) committed election fraud by claiming to run for a different office that he had zero interest in. A simple phone call on her part would have served her interests much better, as well as an apology when it turned out she screwed up. I'm chalking all of this up to inexperience.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Tomi Lehren is the Dem establishment person freaking out about her?

Look, without knowing AOC too well, the only story I heard about her post-nomination regarding Dem infighting was when she stupidly attacked Crowley on twitter (that again) for being on a 3rd party ballot. As the guy politely explained, he's already endorsed her 3 times, had no plans on running in the general, and by law couldn't get off the 3rd party ballot unless he 1) died, 2) committed a crime, 3) moved out of state, or 4) committed election fraud by claiming to run for a different office that he had zero interest in. A simple phone call on her part would have served her interests much better, as well as an apology when it turned out she screwed up. I'm chalking all of this up to inexperience.
                          No and I never said she was. I said when I looked AOC up that was the crap that popped up. (because of the Israel stuff) Jesus man read.

There were (to use your term) "Lamestream" media types talking about how people in DC (usually sources close to current members) think she will cause issues but I cant find it now and it probably was because they were ticked off about the Crowley bit. (I cant find the 3 articles I read because now everything is dealing with her Israel opinion and the Unemployment gaffe) She needs to tone that stuff down until she gets into office. Once she gets there she can and should start her far left caucus but right now the motto needs to be JUST WIN BABY! I havent seen if she apologized to Crowley for attacking him for no reason but she should, even if she doesnt mean it.

And before you somehow twist this into me being against her or something (since that is always your bit) I like her a lot, I am glad she is campaigning for other non-centrist candidates and if she was running here I would vote for her in a heartbeat even with her Israeli position. Hell just the fact she admits she doesnt know much about it cause it isnt an issue that affects her makes me respect her more. I want her in the House, and I want her to do for the Dems what the Freedumb Caucus does for the Republicans. I want them to be the check against being weak kneed.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm fine with all that Handy but my issue with your post is that I haven't seen much anti-AOC freakouts in the various political websites that I read, from politicalwire (which links to stories from other sites), politico or kos. No offense, but I refuse to join or go on twitter. If you posted a message out there saying "Hillary or Bernie thinks rain is wet" a handful of people would start arguing with you. Its just a breeding ground for cranks.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I'm fine with all that Handy but my issue with your post is that I haven't seen much anti-AOC freakouts in the various political websites that I read, from politicalwire (which links to stories from other sites), politico or kos. No offense, but I refuse to join or go on twitter. If you posted a message out there saying "Hillary or Bernie thinks rain is wet" a handful of people would start arguing with you. Its just a breeding ground for cranks.
                              I dont disagree which is why I dont really read much if it isnt from an actual news agency of some sort. I dont read what average rubes write...at least politically.

Like I said it was probably just Crowley backlash. The CNN guy for sure was about that (breeding ground of centrists is of course CNN) and the others I just cant find anymore. I will mea culpa on that. BTW this was all pre Joe Lieberman saying anything (though I now suspect he was one of the "sources") so he wasnt what I read.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You need to go on twitter more. Articles all over the place talking about how she is dangerous, she shouldnt be the standard bearer for the party and downplaying her upset. I will see if I can find them.

edit: Oh lord just typing her name in brought up a video of Tomi Lahren calling her toxic. The irony was delicious...but god seeing and hearing her talk makes me want to drown myself.
                                Whenever she moronically poses with a handgun in her waistband, I have to suppress fantasies of the weapon accidentally going off and giving her babymaker a hot lead injection.

Comment

Working...
                                X