Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    I don't get the schizophrenia on this board sometimes. On the one hand we pretty much agree that Dems need to call out Goopers on their lies and start kicking them in the nuts. BUT, on the other hand Elizabeth Warren should have said nothing and allowed them to continue to lie about her???? Umm.....mutually exclusive goals for the win here people.

Warren although she's my first choice has little chance of being the Dem nominee for several reasons. The main one, and the one that doomed Bernie Sanders, is that she's not going to be the one who cleans up in the delegate rich but heavily non-white voting South. That wouldn't be as much of a problem if all of her potential rivals were white as a ghost Northeast liberals, but I doubt its going to shape up that way come primary time. There's also the age factor unfortunately as I have to wonder if the party wants to turn to a more youthful liberal instead of the handful of 70 year olds who are thinking of running.
    The bigger issue at play is that their side doesn't care about facts and using facts to disprove what's already a completely disingenuous talking point isn't going to help.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-16-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      The bigger issue at play is that their side doesn't care about facts and using facts to prove what's already a completely disingenuous talking point isn't going to help.
      That's another dynamic I am fascinated about.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Yep. This stuff never ever ever ceases to amaze me. It's like the whole country doesn't learn a ****ing thing with their free education they receive.
        No, they don't. I saw a Facebook acquaintance who is swiftly sliding into the deep right pit post a meme today that said:

Elizabeth Warren: 99.9% White
        Ivory soap: 99.44% Pure
        "Pocahontas" is whiter than Ivory soap!
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Seriously. I have Irish and Polish heritage, that doesn't mean I'm currently a citizen of either country or have some sort of status with them or either country knows who the hell I am.

That's bad news for...let's see...every Oklahoman ever.
          There is a bit of a difference between the Native Tribes and the Country of Ireland. Come on man...a tribe would be closer to a Clan than it would be a country. Just because you are Irish doesnt mean you can claim heritage to say the Donnelley Clan and their lands. (I dont know if that is an actual Clan...just throwing out an example) I have a buddy who is Scottish can he claim title through "The Bruce" Clan because of it? (he isnt a Bruce)

I am sorry but all of you who are bending into pretzels to back her would be mocking any Lilly White GOPer who did the same thing.

And the dumbest part is it is giving McCarthy cover. Just shut up about Warren and her BS and go after the criminals.
          Last edited by Handyman; 10-16-2018, 10:32 AM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            There is a bit of a difference between the Native Tribes and the Country of Ireland. Come on man...a tribe would be closer to a Clan that it would be a country. Just because you are Irish doesnt mean you can claim heritage to say the Donnelley Clan and their lands. (I dont know if that is an actual Clan...just throwing out an example) I have a buddy who is Scottish can he claim title through "The Bruce" Clan because of it? (he isnt a Bruce)

I am sorry but all of you who are bending into pretzels to back her would be mocking any Lilly White GOPer who did the same thing.
            She never claimed tribe status. I've never claimed citizenship in Ireland.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              The bigger issue at play is that their side doesn't care about facts and using facts to disprove what's already a completely disingenuous talking point isn't going to help.
              It truely is amazing to see. This was the same generation that taught us to not believe a single source and to do our research. And now, they blindly believe the loud men on TV when they yell inaccurate things.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Well, every 17th of March I celebrate my Irish heritage. What a fool I am.
                Should you ever visit Ireland, and state that you're Irish, you will pretty much be told that no, you're not. You're American. Your ancestors may have been Irish, but we're all Americans.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

LOL. good luck with that. I bet the Republicans have better success with voter suppression than the Democrats do getting people 18-25 to vote.
                  Then let people 18-25 take it in the shorts. Your problem Scooby is that you haven't learned to have fun at other people's expense who can't be bothered to help themselves. Once you do that, you're going to be a lot happier, trust me! If young 'uns are upset because of all the apparent life in prison without parole sentences for smoking a joint then stop allowing 70 year old bitter conservatives to hold office. If they're concerned about student loan debt, don't sit back and allow a President to be elected who would put Betsy Devos in charge of Education. Its really kinda simple when you think about it...
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Then let people 18-25 take it in the shorts. Your problem Scooby is that you haven't learned to have fun at other people's expense who can't be bothered to help themselves. Once you do that, you're going to be a lot happier, trust me! If young 'uns are upset because of all the apparent life in prison without parole sentences for smoking a joint then stop allowing 70 year old bitter conservatives to hold office. If they're concerned about student loan debt, don't sit back and allow a President to be elected who would put Betsy Devos in charge of Education. Its really kinda simple when you think about it...
                    I'm just praying I get my SS and Medicare without any drastic cuts. That's all I want out of the government for the rest of my life. I paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      It truely is amazing to see. This was the same generation that taught us to not believe a single source and to do our research. And now, they blindly believe the loud men on TV when they yell inaccurate things.
                      Well yeah, "don't believe everything you read on the internet!!!", and now they're getting scammed by the biggest Nigerian prince of all.

Comment

She never claimed tribe status. I've never claimed citizenship in Ireland.
                        I know she didnt. But you dont get to call yourself Native and tout a DNA test to prove it when even the Tribes themselves say that doesnt hold water. If I do my DNA test and it says I am 1/2046 Black I am not all of a sudden an African American. (culture matters) You say she has pride in her heritage...yet nothing seems to back that up. People who have pride in their heritage show it more often than when it scores them political points. She stinks of the politician who wears the local teams hat at rallies but never actually cheers for the squad.

She looks like the guy in the sitcom who finds out he has one great grandparent that was Native so he wears Native garb and calls himself by a Native style name. She looks like a fool.

You know why Tribal Status does matter, because the Tribes themselves say they do. If she couldnt use the DNA test to get Tribal Status, she cant use it to all of a sudden prove she always was Native. That makes zero sense.

And again why are you so focused on this? Why does she care? There are people bilking the tax payers for money doing this stuff go after them. Fighting this losing fight just lets them get away with it. She got baited, then you all got baited and clowns like Cherokee McCarthy are making out like bandits while you quibble over something that is LITERALLY worthless.

edit: Scooby even liberal rags like City Pages are saying she is being ridiculous over this. (they called her an a sshole over it)
                        Last edited by Handyman; 10-16-2018, 10:44 AM.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I know she didnt. But you dont get to call yourself Native and tout a DNA test to prove it when even the Tribes themselves say that doesnt hold water. If I do my DNA test and it says I am 1/2046 Black I am not all of a sudden an African American. (culture matters) You say she has pride in her heritage...yet nothing seems to back that up. People who have pride in their heritage show it more often than when it scores them political points. She stinks of the politician who wears the local teams hat at rallies but never actually cheers for the squad.

She looks like the guy in the sitcom who finds out he has one great grandparent that was Native so he wears Native garb and calls himself by a Native style name. She looks like a fool.

You know why Tribal Status does matter, because the Tribes themselves say they do. If she couldnt use the DNA test to get Tribal Status, she cant use it to all of a sudden prove she always was Native. That makes zero sense.

And again why are you so focused on this? Why does she care? There are people bilking the ta payers for money doing this stuff go after them. Fighting this losing fight just lets them get away with it. She got baited, then you all got baited and clowns like Cherokee McCarthy are making out like bandits while you quibble over something that is LITERALLY worthless.
                          Trump told her to take the test. She got played. It's a talker. It's not affecting me personally in the slightest.

Comment

I'm just praying I get my SS and Medicare without any drastic cuts. That's all I want out of the government for the rest of my life. I paid for it.
                            Social Security can't be cut because seniors who do the most voting are too in tune to any changes. You can claim you're only doing it to the younger generations, but all those old geezers hear is "social security is being cut..." and they start gathering the torches and pitchforks.

If you re-elect the GOP to total control in 2018, they will go after Medicaid next and gut it to pay for upper income tax breaks as they will have a mandate. Re-elect Trump plus GOP in 2020 and Medicare will become a block grant in order to reduce funding to pay for upper income tax breaks because again they will have a mandate. I on the other hand will watch in amusement as voters would have abdicated their power to prevent all of this.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Social Security can't be cut because seniors who do the most voting are too in tune to any changes. You can claim you're only doing it to the younger generations, but all those old geezers hear is "social security is being cut..." and they start gathering the torches and pitchforks.

If you re-elect the GOP to total control in 2018, they will go after Medicaid next and gut it to pay for upper income tax breaks as they will have a mandate. Re-elect Trump plus GOP in 2020 and Medicare will become a block grant in order to reduce funding to pay for upper income tax breaks because again they will have a mandate. I on the other hand will watch in amusement as voters would have abdicated their power to prevent all of this.
                              Yeah, I'm figuring based on current trends that my whole SS check will go towards Health Care. Which means I'll be indigent my entire retirement.

Comment

There is a bit of a difference between the Native Tribes and the Country of Ireland. Come on man...a tribe would be closer to a Clan than it would be a country. Just because you are Irish doesnt mean you can claim heritage to say the Donnelley Clan and their lands. (I dont know if that is an actual Clan...just throwing out an example) I have a buddy who is Scottish can he claim title through "The Bruce" Clan because of it? (he isnt a Bruce)
                                My mom has done some digging and has traced us back to a couple clans in Ireland. I honestly can't recall which at the moment, but if I did I'd probably find a way to drop it into conversation. Now, we have no official documentation, and we're a good number of generations removed, and I'm going to assume the clan itself keeps no records of every random person who found their way over to America and had several generations of descendants. And I'm sure there are thousands like me, who know from family stories some ancestry through some random group; for all we know the stories could be wrong, doesn't make it a crime to mention it; and it also doesn't mean we're on file somewhere.

I mean, is this all stupid? Yes. There are more important things to focus on regarding Warren's actual stances on issues. And the McCarthy thing is 1000X more blatant. That doesn't mean we also sit by when someone's name is dragged through the mud.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X