Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Centrist in this country is basically what Obama did and what the Democratic leadership wants:

1. Slightly tweaked Obamacare.
    2. A rollback to ~2012 tax rates
    3. Assistance for student loans like slightly lower rates and deferments on payments.

Like or not but your ideas, and mine, are considered “extreme” to Democratic leadership. You want to change that, you need a Tea Partyesque movement.
    You can't run on any of that. They need something to run on and they need to deliver on something tangible. That list is what you end up with when you don't have the entire Congress, and not what you run on.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      You can't run on any of that. They need something to run on and they need to deliver on something tangible. That list is what you end up with when you don't have the entire Congress, and not what you run on.
      I agree with you. Problem is, the Democratic leadership doesn’t. Why? Who knows exactly, I can make a guess. But how do you change that? Well through a grassroots movement that either changes the leadership or forces leadership to change, aka a Tea Party movement. Your problem, it seems to me at least, is you don’t want that because it’s being led by Bernie Sanders.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I agree with you. Problem is, the Democratic leadership doesn’t. Why? Who knows exactly, I can make a guess. But how do you change that? Well through a grassroots movement that either changes the leadership or forces leadership to change, aka a Tea Party movement. Your problem, it seems to me at least, is you don’t want that because it’s being led by Bernie Sanders.
        The epic fail appears to be Perez. Bernie is just a Senator. He's not even a Democrat.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Centrist in this country is basically what Obama did and what the Democratic leadership wants:

1. Slightly tweaked Obamacare.
          2. A rollback to ~2012 tax rates
          3. Assistance for student loans like slightly lower rates and deferments on payments.

Like or not but your ideas, and mine, are considered “extreme” to Democratic leadership. You want to change that, you need a Tea Partyesque movement.
          Hillary's platform of policy moderation plus inclusiveness was just fine. Based on that, it was in the bank.

Her problem was not her platform nor her experience. Her problem was that she was loaded down with a scandal, the election was interfered with by the Russians/Comey, and the fact that parts of this country are still not ready for a woman president. We need electibility first and foremost - and appealing to the left rather than the middle is not the way to get there.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Lol, yeah and stadium deals are generally a good deal for taxpayers.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Lol, yeah and stadium deals are generally a good deal for taxpayers.
              Only when it drives direct economic impact greater than its public investment in the first couple years...and additionally is a top driver of over $2B of permanent redevelopment of a depressed part of the city.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

You work at US Bank right? I mean I get the bias but the facts have never been on your side on that one nor are they on this recent discussion.

Comment

You work at US Bank right? I mean I get the bias but the facts have never been on your side on that one nor are they on this recent discussion.
                  Really? Pls provide any alternate facts or frankly any at all on anything you'd like.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Yeah sure, polling has shown that you're wrong about how politicians shouldn't be moving to the left. Single payer and free college are popular ideas right now as is marijuana legalization and a host of other progressive issues. The main candidates for 2020 have adopted all of these issues as part of their platform and Booker/Sanders/Gillibrand have proposed a federal jobs guarantee. Also I like how you didn't answer the question lol.

Comment

Yeah sure, polling has shown that you're wrong about how politicians shouldn't be moving to the left. Single payer and free college are popular ideas right now as is marijuana legalization and a host of other progressive issues. The main candidates for 2020 have adopted all of these issues as part of their platform and Booker/Sanders/Gillibrand have proposed a federal jobs guarantee. Also I like how you didn't answer the question lol.
                      Oh. You mean like the poll of 17 million primary votes for Clinton to 13 million for Sanders? "My view is that the race wasn’t really all that close and that Sanders never really had that much of a chance at winning." - Nate Silver

And that included just democrats. You include independents and this would truly have been a landslide.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA yeah because that's why Bernie lost. Not surprising that you can't actually refute the actual claims.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Hillary's platform of policy moderation plus inclusiveness was just fine. Based on that, it was in the bank.

Her problem was not her platform nor her experience. Her problem was that she was loaded down with a scandal, the election was interfered with by the Russians/Comey, and the fact that parts of this country are still not ready for a woman president. We need electibility first and foremost - and appealing to the left rather than the middle is not the way to get there.
                          It’s thinking like this that’s lead us to where we are today, “everything is fine! It’s just X’s fault we lost!”

No, everything is not fine. Ok, yeah Hilary won the popular vote. Cool. She still lost the election and the Republicans still control the House and Senate. That kind of think isn’t going to get us anywhere.

You establishment Dems need to realize we’re in a war here. The Republicans want to completely destroy any liberal way of governance. We’ve got to fight back, not just try to build a consensus and play nice.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA yeah because that's why Bernie lost. Not surprising that you can't actually refute the actual claims.
                            The question is not whether single payer or even free money is popular.

The question is whether someone on the left wing of the democratic party is electable. If not, you give Trump four more years.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

It’s thinking like this that’s lead us to where we are today, “everything is fine! It’s just X’s fault we lost!”

No, everything is not fine. Ok, yeah Hilary won the popular vote. Cool. She still lost the election and the Republicans still control the House and Senate. That kind of think isn’t going to get us anywhere.

You establishment Dems need to realize we’re in a war here. The Republicans want to completely destroy any liberal way of governance. We’ve got to fight back, not just try to build a consensus and play nice.
                              That and 50% of the country is living in poverty and too desperate and can't just wait on some third way incrementalist approach to their economic/healthcare woes. But the guy who works at US Bank would rather see another his bank get another corporate handout obviously so it's not surprising he feels that way.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                Oh. You mean like the poll of 17 million primary votes for Clinton to 13 million for Sanders? "My view is that the race wasn’t really all that close and that Sanders never really had that much of a chance at winning." - Nate Silver

And that included just democrats. You include independents and this would truly have been a landslide.
                                Here’s two maps that matter:

And:

Primary numbers don’t matter, the red on those maps do.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X