Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 786

Thread: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

  1. #401
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,101

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Do you own stock in tinfoil?
    If only he'd saved all that money he spends on Alex's Brain Enhancer elixirs, he could have owned stock. Now all he gets is a free sucker in the mail every month. And he still hasn't put it together.

    The game is a bit too fast for flaggy, but you have to hand it to him--he still wants to be on the ice, even if it's to play a road cone.
    Last edited by burd; 10-10-2018 at 11:51 AM.

  2. #402
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    18,950

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    I'm trying to figure out which reaction to Taylor Swift is dumber:
    - The talking heads on Fox saying who cares what a Hollywood elitist says, just days after they nearly creamed themselves over Kanye's insane rants.
    - Mike Huckabee saying who cares because her fans are 12 years old, missing the fact they maybe there 12 years old like a decade ago, and adding 12 + 10 gets you 22, but then he is from Arkansas and I know carrying numbers in addition is viewed as some sort of witchcraft there.

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  3. #403
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    26,528

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which reaction to Taylor Swift is dumber:
    - The talking heads on Fox saying who cares what a Hollywood elitist says, just days after they nearly creamed themselves over Kanye's insane rants.
    - Mike Huckabee saying who cares because her fans are 12 years old, missing the fact they maybe there 12 years old like a decade ago, and adding 12 + 10 gets you 22, but then he is from Arkansas and I know carrying numbers in addition is viewed as some sort of witchcraft there.
    I went to a Taylor Swift concert last month. I donít think that dumb**** understands the broad demographic that considers themselves fans. It was the widest age and demo range Iíve seen since the Paul McCartney concert.

    That said, it was overwhelmingly female. Not a good base to alienate.

    Also, thereís this tweet:
    https://twitter.com/jasondashbailey/...34507686846464

  4. #404
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    18,950

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I went to a Taylor Swift concert last month. I donít think that dumb**** understands the broad demographic that considers themselves fans. It was the widest age and demo range Iíve seen since the Paul McCartney concert.

    That said, it was overwhelmingly female. Not a good base to alienate.
    Yeah the last two albums are definitely aimed at an older age group than maybe the first two or so.

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  5. #405
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    40,501
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Yeah the last two albums are definitely aimed at an older age group than maybe the first two or so.
    Wait!!

    Sheís legal??

  6. #406
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    31,047

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Wait!!

    She’s legal??
    Nobody in their right mind wants to get romantically tangled up with Taylor Swift. It'll end with your name be dragged through the mud on national TV and scorned by millions of women who love Taylor's new break-up song.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  7. #407
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,101

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Wait!!

    Sheís legal??
    And not the least bit asian, mook.

  8. #408
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,360

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Nobody in their right mind wants to get romantically tangled up with Taylor Swift. It'll end with your name be dragged through the mud on national TV and scorned by millions of women who love Taylor's new break-up song.
    Depends on what the severance package is like. She does have a few bucks after all...
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  9. #409
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    70,139

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Depends on what the severance package is like. She does have a few bucks after all...
    ^^^^^^^^
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  10. #410
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Maybe he thinks the less people see his face the more likely they are to vote for him
    meh... I think Cruz is still +6, so it seems like he's just deciding to keep the ball on the ground with a lead in the 4th quarter. Almost no one in McAllen is voting for Cruz and in fact, they mostly hate him. Probably the only thing he could really accomplish there is throw an interception to Beto. Politically, it's probably the better percentage play from Cruz's point of view.

    Of course upsets definitely do happen to those who play it safe, just not as often as they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  11. #411
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sagard View Post
    Had Kavanaugh verbalized a vague I don't remember it, sorry if it happened, it's not who I am today.

    This wouldn't have blown up. But that's not in the playbook for this crew.

    Doesn't really matter they have all the senator's back in check.
    Again, just speaking about what would have happened politically, I think this is a real misconception. Had Kavanaugh said what you suggest, it would have blown up just as much, just with a slightly different slant. The goal of the d's was "stop Kavanaugh no matter what." For the r's it was "advance Kavanaugh no matter what." There's no getting away from that direct conflict politically. No d's (except maybe Manchin) would say "well, obviously that was just a teen who made a terrible mistake. We appreciate his honesty and we should consider his stellar record since." D's would still say we're putting a rapist on the court and r's would still say what a "good and decent family man and judge he has been." It was going to be a complete bare knuckles dog fight no matter what anybody did or didn't do or said they did or didn't do.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  12. #412
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,638

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Again, just speaking about what would have happened politically, I think this is a real misconception. Had Kavanaugh said what you suggest, it would have blown up just as much, just with a slightly different slant. The goal of the d's was "stop Kavanaugh no matter what." For the r's it was "advance Kavanaugh no matter what." There's no getting away from that direct conflict politically. No d's (except maybe Manchin) would say "well, obviously that was just a teen who made a terrible mistake. We appreciate his honesty and we should consider his stellar record since." D's would still say we're putting a rapist on the court and r's would still say what a "good and decent family man and judge he has been." It was going to be a complete bare knuckles dog fight no matter what anybody did or didn't do or said they did or didn't do.
    It's cute how you make opposing a rapist no matter what and supporting a rapist no matter what sound like they are two equal evils.

  13. #413
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    It's cute how you make opposing a rapist no matter what and supporting a rapist no matter what sound like they are two equal evils.
    I don't "make it sound" like that at all.

    You can choose to ignore the Machiavellian tendencies existing in all politics for thousands of years in favor of thinking that all politics is a battle of "good vs. evil", but I think that's being somewhat naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  14. #414
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,360

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    meh... I think Cruz is still +6, so it seems like he's just deciding to keep the ball on the ground with a lead in the 4th quarter. Almost no one in McAllen is voting for Cruz and in fact, they mostly hate him. Probably the only thing he could really accomplish there is throw an interception to Beto. Politically, it's probably the better percentage play from Cruz's point of view.

    Of course upsets definitely do happen to those who play it safe, just not as often as they don't.
    I think Calgary Ted's biggest problems are 1) Trump humpers can't stand him (and neither can anybody else) and 2) Republican voters don't seriously see the Senate in danger of flipping. I too think he's favored but can see O'Rourke getting up to like 48% of the vote which would be the most by a Dem in like 20 years. Dems needed some patsy 3rd party libertarian to join the race and take votes away from Cruz.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  15. #415
    (((NPC)))
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,839

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    meh... I think Cruz is still +6, so it seems like he's just deciding to keep the ball on the ground with a lead in the 4th quarter. Almost no one in McAllen is voting for Cruz and in fact, they mostly hate him. Probably the only thing he could really accomplish there is throw an interception to Beto. Politically, it's probably the better percentage play from Cruz's point of view.

    Of course upsets definitely do happen to those who play it safe, just not as often as they don't.
    Yeah...it was a joke.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  16. #416
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I think Calgary Ted's biggest problems are 1) Trump humpers can't stand him (and neither can anybody else) and 2) Republican voters don't seriously see the Senate in danger of flipping. I too think he's favored but can see O'Rourke getting up to like 48% of the vote which would be the most by a Dem in like 20 years. Dems needed some patsy 3rd party libertarian to join the race and take votes away from Cruz.
    Trumpies would revolt on Cruz if they had a viable option, but they aren't revolting in favor of Beto who they almost certainly hate just as much for "co-opting Willie Nelson!"

    Trump has told them that Teddy is his boy now, and there's no doubt the whole Kavanaugh thing has put a little juice into the righties, so I think it likely they will suck it up and get out there. If a Perot declared tomorrow Cruz could be in big trouble I suppose... Although it is probably hard to gauge exactly how much a viable libertarian could pull votes from Beto in "independent" TX. Probably not a ton, as Beto is no Liz Warren, and pretty much just mainstream left, so yeah, I agree. You need an Oswald. ("I'm just a patsy!")
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  17. #417
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,360

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    I wouldn't expect them to vote Dem. Calgary Ted needs to be more concerned about them staying home especially with a not seriously contested governor's race on the ballot.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  18. #418
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    30,304

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    It's cute how you make opposing a rapist no matter what and supporting a rapist no matter what sound like they are two equal evils.
    That's the same reaction I had - his following equivocation notwithstanding. To claim the Kavanaugh fiasco was a repeat of events going back centuries flies in the face of the history of SCOTUS nominations and their vetting in front of Congress. Never mind the seriousness of why there was a supposed, "no matter what opposition", the hangover from the blocking of Obama's nominee and finally the fact the only reason he was nominated in the first place was his well known opinion a sitting president can't be removed. A member of the committee that provided the names of nominees to Trump himself said Kavanaugh wasn't special and didn't stick out among his peers to any degree.

  19. #419
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    40,501
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Nobody in their right mind wants to get romantically tangled up with Taylor Swift. It'll end with your name be dragged through the mud on national TV and scorned by millions of women who love Taylor's new break-up song.
    Dunno.....being able to go through life and point to the radio and say ďthatís me!Ē Would be pretty cool

  20. #420
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,043

    Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I went to a Taylor Swift concert last month...
    For God's sake, why?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •