Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Lol nice goalpost shifting.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Lol nice goalpost shifting.
      Yup, from "don't claim it to get an advantage" to "OK you didn't actually get any advantage but still why claim it".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Sure, but if you're her, why even claim it? It makes her look stupid. It makes her look fake. Does she really think that because she might be 1/2048 Native American that real Native Americans are going to look at her and conclude "she's one of us?" It's insulting to real minorities when people like Warren claim to be a minority, or even claim some sort of minority status when her connection is as remote, minute and uncertain as hers is.
        Did she claim it?

He does claim it and got more out of it than she did it would appear.

Why has she been raked over the coals for this for years and the same people are oddly silent now?

I will hang up and listen.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Did she claim it?
          According to the Trump thread Boston Globe article, yes, she claimed it to connect with people of Native American descent. How horrible!

Comment

I claim to be Irish. What's the big deal?
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Did she claim it?

He does claim it and got more out of it than she did it would appear.

Why has she been raked over the coals for this for years and the same people are oddly silent now?

I will hang up and listen.
              Appears all she wanted was to network with other people. Lock her up with Clinton and Feinstein.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

But if I read right that want why she was hired right? Unlike McCarthy who got the no bid contract because of it right?

I think her claim is a kind of tenuous...but hardly worth the crap she gets for it.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

But if I read right that want why she was hired right? Unlike McCarthy who got the no bid contract because of it right?

I think her claim is a kind of tenuous...but hardly worth the crap she gets for it.
                  She was not hired because she was Native American. That's a fact.

I'm also Norweigan.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    In what specific way did she claim it? Did you fill out some official form at some point to get it recognized? Or did she perhaps mention it as an aside once and someone else ran with it and listed it?
                    As I recall, and I'll have to google search for the the specifics, but she put herself on some sort of list as a "minority" teacher, listing it as "native american."

Edit: The google search reveals it was a law schools directory, based upon information provided by the professors including Warren. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...DlO/story.html
                    Last edited by SJHovey; 10-15-2018, 02:49 PM.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      As I recall, and I'll have to google search for the the specifics, but she put herself on some sort of list as a "minority" teacher, listing it as "native american."
                      But never received any special consideration because of it and is still one of the authors of one of the greatest Economics book every written.

Comment

A lie can make its way half way across the world before the truth can get its shoes on...
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Edit: The google search reveals it was a law schools directory, based upon information provided by the professors including Warren. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...DlO/story.html
                          So she got nothing out of it. Yet the Right still rips her for it cause reasons? Meanwhile Whitey McCarthy (sounds Cherokee to me) gets graft and some how they are the same...or worse half the country doesn't care?

Do you see why they aren't the same?

Again I get what you are saying...but I still don't see what the big deal with her is.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So she got nothing out of it. Yet the Right still rips her for it cause reasons? Meanwhile Whitey McCarthy (sounds Cherokee to me) gets graft and some how they are the same...or worse half the country doesn't care?

Do you see why they aren't the same?

Again I get what you are saying...but I still don't see what the big deal with her is.
                            Yeah, I certainly can't say that somehow she profited from this claim of hers. Who actually reads a listing of law professors anyway. Certainly to the extent that someone embarks upon outright fraud and claims they are a minority owned or female owned company for purposes of winning a construction bid they should be punished to whatever extent we can do so.

But here's what I've been saying about Warren.

First, making that claim in whatever stupid professional listing she happened to make it, for whatever stupid reason she decided to make it, shows an element of phoniness to her. Why can't people just be honest about who they are or what they've achieved?

Why do it? If it's to try to get some advantage as a "minority" professor, that's just dishonest. I don't know if that's why she did it or not.

If it's to claim some "cred" with the minority you allege you are affiliated with, it's lame at best and insulting to that minority at worst.

Somehow I think this all goes back to the misguided idea that you can't really understand someone who is a minority or who is female or who is disabled unless you yourself are a member of that class (an idea that I personally find ridiculous). Who knows her motive. But as I said earlier, for me it causes me to question her genuineness.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Who knows I wasn't there. Harvard seemed to benefit but not her. I concede she was probably a bit disingenuous but the story should have died in a day. Meanwhile the Right has feasted on it for years!

It's like when Republicans rip on welfare in any form but have no problems accepting said welfare when it benefits them. I don't care that they take it, I care that they hate when others take it. Hypocrisy like that is stupidity.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Who knows I wasn't there. Harvard seemed to benefit but not her. I concede she was probably a bit disingenuous but the story should have died in a day. Meanwhile the Right has feasted on it for years!
                                Yeah, although to be fair the thing had pretty much died off until Warren spent whatever it is she had to spend to show that some tiny strand in her DNA has a reasonable probability of being Native American in origin, and then trumpet the same to the world in some lame video.

Comment

Working...
                                X