Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Right but in one case you sacrificed one state to try and win another. That isnt happening here in any way because Beto is only running in Texas. It isnt like the DNC can either choose to support him and no one else. (like Clinton was doing)

It is apples and oranges.
    DNC support comes in many forms. I'd be careful in that regard.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Well no offense but they cant just concede the seat. The GOP are vulnerable right now if Beto is polling well they have to give him support. That wont take away from the other races they are also supporting though. No one should expect a victory but I want them trying especially in the Senate because every vote counts.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Well no offense but they cant just concede the seat. The GOP are vulnerable right now if Beto is polling well they have to give him support. That wont take away from the other races they are also supporting though. No one should expect a victory but I want them trying especially in the Senate because every vote counts.
        This. It's close enough in TX that I would throw good $$ at it, even if Cruz wins 51/49. The DNC really has nothing to lose.

Comment

DNC finally learned that they can't herd cats nationwide in the House elections and aren't bothering to try
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Pick your battles. Cruz is actually a bit vulnerable, so I'd throw money at that race. Blackburn replacing Corker? Done deal

Comment

Also, investing in TX is a long term proposition. Even if this guy doesn't pull it off, it can't hurt to get the broader message in people's living rooms and show that the party isn't just going to pack it in every time there's a fight.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Progress.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• As Tip said, "All politics is local."
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Dems would be stupid to blow off Texas. Cruz looks like a used car salesman and is about as popular as one. Bottom line is in this cycle they need to take advantage of the few opportunities out there beyond Nevada and Arizona. That means Bredesen in TN and O'Rourke in TX. Your hope in TX, unlikely but possible, is that Trump Humpers have no loyalty to the Zodiac Killer and sit that race out. If the DNC is smart (TBD) or some left leaning outside group wants to get involved, I'd be running commercials showing Cruz' GOP convention diss of Chump to keep these people home.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Dems would be stupid to blow off Texas. Cruz looks like a used car salesman and is about as popular as one. Bottom line is in this cycle they need to take advantage of the few opportunities out there beyond Nevada and Arizona. That means Bredesen in TN and O'Rourke in TX. Your hope in TX, unlikely but possible, is that Trump Humpers have no loyalty to the Zodiac Killer and sit that race out. If the DNC is smart (TBD) or some left leaning outside group wants to get involved, I'd be running commercials showing Cruz' GOP convention diss of Chump to keep these people home.
                      Voodoo economics -> VP -> #41. In politics, anything goes but it's business, not personal (something tD and DC need to understand).
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

“The Miami Herald has endorsed Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera, a GOP House candidate in Florida who claims to have communicated with aliens throughout her life and says extraterrestrials once visited her, praising her "plausible conservative ideas."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-she-was-taken

I mean she can’t be worse than your run of the mill GOP candidate right?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          “The Miami Herald has endorsed Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera, a GOP House candidate in Florida who claims to have communicated with aliens throughout her life and says extraterrestrials once visited her, praising her "plausible conservative ideas."

Checks all the boxes.

Tax cuts. Check.
                          Guns. Check.
                          Pro-Life. Check.

Nothing else matters.

Comment

... claims to have communicated with aliens throughout her life and says extraterrestrials once visited her ...
                            Somewhere George Noory's booking agent is dialing madly trying to get her on as a guest on Coast to Coast AM.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

She should fit right in. Does the Senate still have Harry Reid's UFO committee going? Maybe she can get something similar going in the House and we can really get some answers.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                She should fit right in. Does the Senate still have Harry Reid's UFO committee going? Maybe she can get something similar going in the House and we can really get some answers.
                                A little break from all those southern preachers and politicians who speak with Parise. But I guess if aliens chose her, she must have strong communication skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X