Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    So R wins Ohio seat. That can't make D happy across the country
    What a blue wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I am sure Scooby will tell us how this proves no wave is coming but the Rs should have walked away with this seat. They havent voted D in like 30 years...Trump is killing them.
      It ain't Trump. I bet it's meddling with the Soros voting machines. Time to go to paper ballots to preserve election sanctity. Gotta defeat those Russians after all, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Yeah, they're not actually private companies though because they're publicly traded....I read that on the internet, so it's true.
        And an Army private isn't a public employee you know. Otherwise, why would their title have the word "private"? Checkmate, libulardos!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          If the dems go +10 nationwide in November, the house is easily theirs. They need 23 seats to get the majority, there are 69 Republican held seats in districts that aren't as red as the Ohio one up tonight.
          Inshalla
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I am sure Scooby will tell us how this proves no wave is coming but the Rs should have walked away with this seat. They havent voted D in like 30 years...Trump is killing them.
            It would have been preferable to win it. I take two things from it.

1. Dems will likely take the House. And Paulsen is finally gone thank God.
            2. Dems will not win the Senate or even come close because the Trump faction is not like Democrats. They're not staying home because of Trump. And think about that for a good long hard minute and realize how powerful that is for the right with the current map, etc.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They're going to lose Indiana, Missouri, and Florida. Might win Nevada, Arizona and Tennessee. Probably 47-49 Dems in the Senate.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                They're going to lose Indiana, Missouri, and Florida. Might win Nevada, Arizona and Tennessee. Probably 47-49 Dems in the Senate.
                Isn't Manchin up as well? They'll probably lose West Virginia. Florida the Democrats should be able to win.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Isn't Manchin up as well? They'll probably lose West Virginia. Florida the Democrats should be able to win.
                  Governor Scott is the GOP running for Senate in Florida. He's been purging voter rolls while in office for November and is spending millions of his own money. West Virginia and North Dakota are weird at the state level
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Governor Scott is the GOP running for Senate in Florida. He's been purging voter rolls while in office for November and is spending millions of his own money. West Virginia and North Dakota are weird at the state level
                    That's right North Dakota could flip as well. Here's Minnesota's House seats. R's have some pickup opps in Minnesota.

Minnesota

District 1 - Walz (D) (This one could easily flip to R. Trump won the votes in this district going away) (Walz running for Governor)
                    District 2 - Lewis (R) (This one will be tight all the way. Maybe a recount even though Lewis should never win anything)
                    District 3 - Paulsen (R) (This one is a Democrat flip opportunity. But, it's been that for years and nothing)
                    District 4 - McCollum (D) (Solid D)
                    District 5 - Ellison (D) (Solid D)
                    District 6 - Emmer (R) (Solid R, Even though Emmer is a clown)
                    District 7 - Collin Peterson (D) (Solid D until he retires from the House like Walz (who is running for governor) then his district becomes Solid R)
                    District 8 - Nolan (D) (This is an R flip opportunity, Nolan running for Lieutenant Governor)

So, with Democratic wave the D's may add a seat and get 6-2. It could also easily end up 5-3 Republicans. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      So R wins Ohio seat. That can't make D happy across the country
                      Not all the votes are counted yet and won't be for 10 days is what I heard on radio a bit ago.
                      Prepare for 10 days of caterwauling from both directions.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Not all the votes are counted yet and won't be for 10 days is what I heard on radio a bit ago.
                        Prepare for 10 days of caterwauling from both directions.
                        It's gone. The R won. No ones caterwauling.

Comment

... and North Dakota are weird at the state level
                          Previously ND was easily understood:
                          Massive R dominance in the state legislature and offices (managing "our" state money); lots of Ds to DC to try to rake in Federal farm program dollars (Pomeroy, Conrad, Dorgan, et al).

That local level R dominance remains today; however, ND has been sending Rs to DC (Hoeven, Cramer, Berg) of late. Sen Heidi Heitkamp (probably the most R-ish D in DC) is the last vestige of that "D to DC" history. And I do believe she's in serious trouble come November. Her best hope: a lot of people just don't like Cramer (hand in air).
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

New York Rep. Chris Collins indicted.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...harges-n898661
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I don't think they'll lose Florida. Scott has never been that popular, winning two close elections in GOP wave years. He's also had the airwaves to himself and is still in a tie race. The others I agree with although I'll believe Tennessee when I actually see Bredesen declared the winner!
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

This guy does Lyndon Johnson 3x better!!!
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X