Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

I'll give her props for trying.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      And again why are you so focused on this? Why does she care? There are people bilking the tax payers for money doing this stuff go after them. Fighting this losing fight just lets them get away with it. She got baited, then you all got baited and clowns like Cherokee McCarthy are making out like bandits while you quibble over something that is LITERALLY worthless.
      Meanwhile Trump still hasn't provided his tax returns and is president...

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Meanwhile Trump still hasn't provided his tax returns and is president...
        Yeah, and I remember that being a big deal. But, lile a pavlovian dog Warren produced the DNA for Trump.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          My mom has done some digging and has traced us back to a couple clans in Ireland. I honestly can't recall which at the moment, but if I did I'd probably find a way to drop it into conversation. Now, we have no official documentation, and we're a good number of generations removed, and I'm going to assume the clan itself keeps no records of every random person who found their way over to America and had several generations of descendants. And I'm sure there are thousands like me, who know from family stories some ancestry through some random group; for all we know the stories could be wrong, doesn't make it a crime to mention it; and it also doesn't mean we're on file somewhere.

I mean, is this all stupid? Yes. There are more important things to focus on regarding Warren's actual stances on issues. And the McCarthy thing is 1000X more blatant. That doesn't mean we also sit by when someone's name is dragged through the mud.
          She dragged her own name into this...her little gotcha moment never proved what she said it did. Now it isnt just some lame nickname, now she looks like a fraud. So maybe you all and her should have just shut up and let it go. No offense. Her actions are what is causing her name to be dragged through the mud.

And again, if Orrin Hatch took a test and got the same result you wouldnt mock him to high hell for then claiming to be Native? Sorry but I doubt that highly. I know I would, as would Jon Oliver, Trevor Noah, Bill Maher...you name it.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

She dragged her own name into this...her little gotcha moment never proved what she said it did. Now it isnt just some lame nickname, now she looks like a fraud. So maybe you all and her should have just shut up and let it go. No offense. Her actions are what is causing her name to be dragged through the mud.

And again, if Orrin Hatch took a test and got the same result you wouldnt mock him to high hell for then claiming to be Native? Sorry but I doubt that highly. I know I would, as would Jon Oliver, Trevor Noah, Bill Maher...you name it.
            She never made a tribe claim. And Trump has successfully turned it into that. And you've bought it. And Hatch could claim African American status and I wouldn't even give a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I'll give her props for trying.
              I saw her speak the other day...something is different about her. I have heard her a dozen times...this time she wasnt just her normal placating self. She was speaking as a leader. (Angie Craig, Tina Smith and Tim Walz also spoke) She was juiced up and I gotta say, I think she is gearing up for something bigger. And for the first time, I think she might actually be in the right place to do it.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

She never made a tribe claim. And Trump has successfully turned it into that. And you've bought it. And Hatch could claim African American status and I wouldn't even give a ****.
                Hatch wouldn't take the bait because their side doesn't get politically out-maneuvered on everything like the dems have for the last 40 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Hatch wouldn't take the bait because their side doesn't get politically outmaneuevered on everything like the dems have for the last 40 years or so.
                  It is funny how that works.

Comment

I saw her speak the other day...something is different about her. I have heard her a dozen times...this time she wasnt just her normal placating self. She was speaking as a leader. (Angie Craig, Tina Smith and Tim Walz also spoke) She was juiced up and I gotta say, I think she is gearing up for something bigger. And for the first time, I think she might actually be in the right place to do it.
                    I would support her and if she needs me to volunteer, I would.

Comment

Good God it's amazing how this blew up in her face. Could she have done anything more stupid?

Comment

She dragged her own name into this...
                        She started calling herself Pocahontas 8 or so years back?

her little gotcha moment never proved what she said it did.
                        She said she has some distant blood, that like a great-great-gma was part Cherokee. This pretty much places it that far back and says the same thing.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          She started calling herself Pocahontas 8 or so years back?

She said she has some distant blood, that like a great-great-gma was part Cherokee. This pretty much places it that far back and says the same thing.
                          She proved exactly what she claimed.

And none of that matters.

Comment

Duncan Hunter really wants us to forget he's under indictment: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b01a01d68d0109

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Like I said, being technically correct is useless in politics. Largely because it's so easy to paint as being disingenuous.

Does anybody care that Cherokee McCarthy, wasn't actually Cherokee McCarthy himself, but instead it was his wife's brother that made the claims for a company McCarthy and his wife had no stake in? Of course not. Nobody cares. That's generally how politics work, especially in campaign season.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

No I dont buy anything, dont lump me in with any of this crap. I dont care whether she claimed Tribe Status or not. You keep throwing it out there like you have Native Turrets or something. I dont care if she is Native or not. It doesnt matter and it never did. This wasnt a story before (it was a lame joke) and now it is and that isnt because of Trump, and it isnt because of the GOP it is because of her. She got sick of people mocking her and decided she would prove them all wrong. Except she didnt. People like you talked about the pride you have in your heritage and that is great, but that doesnt mean anything in the context of what actually happened. This isnt about pride, this was her trying to score some political points against Trump because he is a bully who makes fun of her. The problem is he doesnt care if you prove him wrong, because the truth doesnt matter. Whether she is Native or not is immaterial. Literally nothing has changed since last week except now she looks like a moron. She isnt any more Native today than she was a year ago and she certainly doesnt have any more pride in it than she did back at Harvard.

The only ones who got snowed here were you all that felt the need to rally to her defense. You all are wasting time and energy on something that doesnt matter taking your eyes off the stuff that does. That is your prerogative I guess but you look exactly like the Right paints you out to be. And so does she.

Keep pretending though, keep fighting. This is the battle worth wasting your time on. This is going to be the thing that turns the country around.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X