Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Wait!!

She’s legal??
    Nobody in their right mind wants to get romantically tangled up with Taylor Swift. It'll end with your name be dragged through the mud on national TV and scorned by millions of women who love Taylor's new break-up song.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Wait!!

She’s legal??
      And not the least bit asian, mook.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Nobody in their right mind wants to get romantically tangled up with Taylor Swift. It'll end with your name be dragged through the mud on national TV and scorned by millions of women who love Taylor's new break-up song.
        Depends on what the severance package is like. She does have a few bucks after all...
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Depends on what the severance package is like. She does have a few bucks after all...
          ^^^^^^^^
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Maybe he thinks the less people see his face the more likely they are to vote for him
            meh... I think Cruz is still +6, so it seems like he's just deciding to keep the ball on the ground with a lead in the 4th quarter. Almost no one in McAllen is voting for Cruz and in fact, they mostly hate him. Probably the only thing he could really accomplish there is throw an interception to Beto. Politically, it's probably the better percentage play from Cruz's point of view.

Of course upsets definitely do happen to those who play it safe, just not as often as they don't.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
              Had Kavanaugh verbalized a vague I don't remember it, sorry if it happened, it's not who I am today.

This wouldn't have blown up. But that's not in the playbook for this crew.

Doesn't really matter they have all the senator's back in check.
              Again, just speaking about what would have happened politically, I think this is a real misconception. Had Kavanaugh said what you suggest, it would have blown up just as much, just with a slightly different slant. The goal of the d's was "stop Kavanaugh no matter what." For the r's it was "advance Kavanaugh no matter what." There's no getting away from that direct conflict politically. No d's (except maybe Manchin) would say "well, obviously that was just a teen who made a terrible mistake. We appreciate his honesty and we should consider his stellar record since." D's would still say we're putting a rapist on the court and r's would still say what a "good and decent family man and judge he has been." It was going to be a complete bare knuckles dog fight no matter what anybody did or didn't do or said they did or didn't do.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Again, just speaking about what would have happened politically, I think this is a real misconception. Had Kavanaugh said what you suggest, it would have blown up just as much, just with a slightly different slant. The goal of the d's was "stop Kavanaugh no matter what." For the r's it was "advance Kavanaugh no matter what." There's no getting away from that direct conflict politically. No d's (except maybe Manchin) would say "well, obviously that was just a teen who made a terrible mistake. We appreciate his honesty and we should consider his stellar record since." D's would still say we're putting a rapist on the court and r's would still say what a "good and decent family man and judge he has been." It was going to be a complete bare knuckles dog fight no matter what anybody did or didn't do or said they did or didn't do.
                It's cute how you make opposing a rapist no matter what and supporting a rapist no matter what sound like they are two equal evils.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  It's cute how you make opposing a rapist no matter what and supporting a rapist no matter what sound like they are two equal evils.
                  I don't "make it sound" like that at all.

You can choose to ignore the Machiavellian tendencies existing in all politics for thousands of years in favor of thinking that all politics is a battle of "good vs. evil", but I think that's being somewhat naive.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

meh... I think Cruz is still +6, so it seems like he's just deciding to keep the ball on the ground with a lead in the 4th quarter. Almost no one in McAllen is voting for Cruz and in fact, they mostly hate him. Probably the only thing he could really accomplish there is throw an interception to Beto. Politically, it's probably the better percentage play from Cruz's point of view.

Of course upsets definitely do happen to those who play it safe, just not as often as they don't.
                    I think Calgary Ted's biggest problems are 1) Trump humpers can't stand him (and neither can anybody else) and 2) Republican voters don't seriously see the Senate in danger of flipping. I too think he's favored but can see O'Rourke getting up to like 48% of the vote which would be the most by a Dem in like 20 years. Dems needed some patsy 3rd party libertarian to join the race and take votes away from Cruz.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Yeah...it was a joke.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        I think Calgary Ted's biggest problems are 1) Trump humpers can't stand him (and neither can anybody else) and 2) Republican voters don't seriously see the Senate in danger of flipping. I too think he's favored but can see O'Rourke getting up to like 48% of the vote which would be the most by a Dem in like 20 years. Dems needed some patsy 3rd party libertarian to join the race and take votes away from Cruz.
                        Trumpies would revolt on Cruz if they had a viable option, but they aren't revolting in favor of Beto who they almost certainly hate just as much for "co-opting Willie Nelson!"

Trump has told them that Teddy is his boy now, and there's no doubt the whole Kavanaugh thing has put a little juice into the righties, so I think it likely they will suck it up and get out there. If a Perot declared tomorrow Cruz could be in big trouble I suppose... Although it is probably hard to gauge exactly how much a viable libertarian could pull votes from Beto in "independent" TX. Probably not a ton, as Beto is no Liz Warren, and pretty much just mainstream left, so yeah, I agree. You need an Oswald. ("I'm just a patsy!")
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I wouldn't expect them to vote Dem. Calgary Ted needs to be more concerned about them staying home especially with a not seriously contested governor's race on the ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            That's the same reaction I had - his following equivocation notwithstanding. To claim the Kavanaugh fiasco was a repeat of events going back centuries flies in the face of the history of SCOTUS nominations and their vetting in front of Congress. Never mind the seriousness of why there was a supposed, "no matter what opposition", the hangover from the blocking of Obama's nominee and finally the fact the only reason he was nominated in the first place was his well known opinion a sitting president can't be removed. A member of the committee that provided the names of nominees to Trump himself said Kavanaugh wasn't special and didn't stick out among his peers to any degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Dunno.....being able to go through life and point to the radio and say “that’s me!” Would be pretty cool
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I went to a Taylor Swift concert last month...
                                For God's sake, why?

Comment

Working...
                                X