Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

I'm excited for hockey this weekend.

From my 'I looked up game results' scouting report: St. Lawrence has been held to 1 goal in 3 of their 4 games (they did put 4 up on Holy Cross, their only win thus far). Wisconsin was able to put up 7 on the Saints last game.

So, do we finally have a game where our defense and goaltending look decent? If they can't look ok against a weak offense, I don't hold out much hope for the season. I'm hoping we come out of the weekend with a winning record overall.

Is anyone wearing a costume to Saturday's game? I'm thinking about it. I tried to see if the Children of Yost are planning anything, but their facebook feed is now just a ticket selling site. This makes me sad. *begins story about how back in her day the student section was so much better
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

One goal for SLU for the weekend seems pretty normal. Our D did a good job blocking shots, which was a nice step forward. But the puck control in our end and during our break out has a lot to be desired for.

Good sweep- even if one can also think we should have scored more.

Comment

Awright here is a little sumpin' for your fun and education, "35 hockey slang words, defined". I have to admit I learned a new one, "Hoser". It does not mean what I thought it meant when the Hanson brothers used it in their SNL skits.:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...content=link-3
        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7
        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
          Awright here is a little sumpin' for your fun and education, "35 hockey slang words, defined". I have to admit I learned a new one, "Hoser". It does not mean what I thought it meant when the Hanson brothers used it in their SNL skits.:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...content=link-3
          I think you mean Bob & Doug McKenzie from Second City- who would constantly call each other hosers. And I knew it was an insult, but I didn't realize that it was a hockey reference. I should have, they were Canadian, afterall.

Comment

Did we already know that the Jan 5 game @ Notre Dame would be outside?

I just saw a news about that on MGoBlue. It's UM's 8th time playing outside. And I think we've done enough of it.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              I think you mean Bob & Doug McKenzie from Second City- who would constantly call each other hosers. And I knew it was an insult, but I didn't realize that it was a hockey reference. I should have, they were Canadian, afterall.
              I stand corrected - yes, the McKenzies.
              I thought it was Canadian slang about a certain part of the male anatomy.
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

I just saw a news about that on MGoBlue. It's UM's 8th time playing outside. And I think we've done enough of it.
                8 is MORE than enough!

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/ind...r_stryheadline
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

I stand corrected - yes, the McKenzies.
                  I thought it was Canadian slang about a certain part of the male anatomy.
                  You hosehead- how could you not do that, eh?

Comment

Agreed. I went to the first 4. I think the one in the Cleveland baseball stadium is where I finally said "enough". I love hockey, and prefer to be able to see it. The sightlines in a baseball stadium are terrible. I enjoyed the Big Chill because we picked seats high enough that we knew would be a good view.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna go to this outdoor game or not. I have some friends that are really excited about it. I have a husband that hasn't been to Notre Dame yet (and possibly not an outdoor hockey game either). It could be fun with friends, but I also don't want to continue encouraging these spectacles.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

The question of going or not was decided a few years ago, when we booked a vacation... We will be somewhere in warm weather during the game. Will probably miss the whole spectacle.

Comment

Everyone going to the game next Saturday (Nov. 10) in Yost be forewarned - parking will be a CLUSTER!
                        The Crisler lot will NOT be an option because the men's basketball team also has a 7:30 start home game.
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Everyone going to the game next Saturday (Nov. 10) in Yost be forewarned - parking will be a CLUSTER!
                          The Crisler lot will NOT be an option because the men's basketball team also has a 7:30 start home game.
                          Thank you for the warning. I don't follow bouncy ball (until March), so those traffic and parking issues always catch me by surprise.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

Notre Dame comes to town this weekend. Will we get revenge for the Frozen Four, or will the higher ranked team come out with wins?

Notre Dame has a 4-3-1 record, but has already faced 3 teams ranked in the top 10 (win vs. Providence, swept by Duluth, split with Ohio State). Our only common opponent thus far is the U18 team, which both schools lost to.

I will consider a split to be a victory this weekend. Would be good to start earning some conference points. I'm hoping our goaltending and defense can keep us in the games.....but I'm not too optimistic.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

When we played them last weekend I didn't see them as strong as last season. I felt we would have swept except for one bad mistake by Miller Saturday and that our best player was out.
                              If you guys play a good solid game your chances are good.

Comment

Looks like we missed a fun game! And wT, got the min of the split done!

Comment

Working...
                                X