Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    42.110733N, 83.724192W
    Posts
    1,077

    Cool Michigan wolverines 2018-19

    Okay I do not see where anyone else has already started this season's thread so I will. If someone HAS beat me to it please accept my most sincere apology.

    The entire 2018-19 schedule was just released. This has to be a record for earliest release of the full season schedule

    I see only one and a half conflicts with Football and Basketball, a very nice change from previous seasons.

    I'll mention the basketball one first - Saturday Nov. 10 the Hockey team plays the Leprechaun while the hoopsters play Holy Cross. Neither start time has been announced so we just might get lucky and have the hoopsters play an early afternoon game so that parking in the Crisler lot will be available for hockey fans. Keep your fingers crossed boys and girls.

    The "half conflict" I mentioned above is concerning the Oct. 6 hockey game against Vermont. The Football team will also be playing a home game against Maryland that day. I consider that one a "Half conflict" since they will start at noon so by the time we start arriving for the hockey game the football fans should be out of our way. That is except for people like me that have season tickets for both sports. I'm just going to have to decide where I will kill a couple hours between games.
    Last edited by JoeZ; 07-13-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass


    9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    42.110733N, 83.724192W
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

    On a different note - keep your eyes and ears open for news on whether Quinn Hughes will be back or go to Vancouver. Reportedly he is very near an announcement.

    https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/ind...ick_quinn.html
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass


    9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,860

    Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    I'm just going to have to decide where I will kill a couple hours between games.
    The bar, the answer is always the bar.

    PS- Thanks for starting this seasons thread. I won't do it, last time I did we missed the tournament for the first time in over 2 decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,860

    Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

    Hey Joe, thanks for the emoji in the thread title too. Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    42.110733N, 83.724192W
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    Hey Joe, thanks for the emoji in the thread title too. Good job!
    Yeah I got that one but screwed up and didn't capitalize the "W".
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass


    9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    42.110733N, 83.724192W
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

    The way I read this it looks like Hughes is going to opt for the pros next season: https://www.straight.com/news/110281...ay-next-season

    Then two days later this one looks more like 50-50: https://thecanuckway.com/2018/07/16/...nn-hughes-yet/

    Either way his decision is reportedly coming yet this week.
    Last edited by JoeZ; 07-17-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass


    9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

  7. #7
    not particularly bad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yost ice arena
    Posts
    9,053

    Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Okay I do not see where anyone else has already started this season's thread so I will. If someone HAS beat me to it please accept my most sincere apology.

    The entire 2018-19 schedule was just released. This has to be a record for earliest release of the full season schedule

    I see only one and a half conflicts with Football and Basketball, a very nice change from previous seasons.

    I'll mention the basketball one first - Saturday Nov. 10 the Hockey team plays the Leprechaun while the hoopsters play Holy Cross. Neither start time has been announced so we just might get lucky and have the hoopsters play an early afternoon game so that parking in the Crisler lot will be available for hockey fans. Keep your fingers crossed boys and girls.

    The "half conflict" I mentioned above is concerning the Oct. 6 hockey game against Vermont. The Football team will also be playing a home game against Maryland that day. I consider that one a "Half conflict" since they will start at noon so by the time we start arriving for the hockey game the football fans should be out of our way. That is except for people like me that have season tickets for both sports. I'm just going to have to decide where I will kill a couple hours between games.
    Oct. 6 is homecoming. So football crowd may be full of old-timers hanging around A2 reliving our glory days. Then again, football is against Maryland, so hopefully it won't be much of a game (the Terps are not good at football and should not be in the B1G, as a native Marylander, I state this as fact).
    That is going to be a long day if we go to hockey.

    Am I a terrible wife if I keep making my husband go to Michigan sporting events for his birthday? Last year we spent Oct. 6 in upstate New York for hockey games. This year, I shall abandon him to find his own football ticket so I can be on the field.


    From what I read on Quinn, I think he's gone. If he comes back, he's certainly gone before his Junior year. I'm still always happy to watch these talents for however long we get them.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,860

    Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Yeah I got that one but screwed up and didn't capitalize the "W".
    That is an omission but not a big one (see what I did there) thus I let it slide. Maybe I'm becoming more complacent in my old age?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •