McDonald out at RIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
    When 5 out of the bottom 6 teams in the ECAC are non-scholarship schools like Harvard and Yale, makes you appreciate what this guy did at RIT in getting to the NCAA tournament and winning the conference tourney twice. Not to mention the D3 title.
    I have said on several occasions that he was successful at the D3 level.....mostly by selling the fact that they "are going D1 sometime soon" to recruits back then. Hey, I guess it doesn't matter how you get it done as long as you get it done, right?! As long as you win it doesn't matter what kind of coach and person you are and how you treat your team. No, none of that matters.
    Last edited by shelfit; 07-12-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Re: McDonald out at RIT

When 5 out of the bottom 6 teams in the ECAC are non-scholarship schools like Harvard and Yale, makes you appreciate what this guy did at RIT in getting to the NCAA tournament and winning the conference tourney twice. Not to mention the D3 title.
      What it mostly makes you appreciate is the sheer randomness of small sample sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Assuming full time:
        Starting: ~$50,000

Top range ~$80,000 (????)

Additional duties may increase those amounts.
        I remember a report last year that someone put together on D3 coaches. Houle at Plattsburgh was top of the food chain at just over $80k.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
          I remember a report last year that someone put together on D3 coaches. Houle at Plattsburgh was top of the food chain at just over $80k.
          It is very easy to find the salaries of all New York State employees, which obviously included the men’s and women’s hockey head and assistant coaches.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
            What it mostly makes you appreciate is the sheer randomness of small sample sizes.
            Okay, when do you think we will see 5 of the top 6 teams in the ECAC be non-scholarship teams?

Comment

Okay, when do you think we will see 5 of the top 6 teams in the ECAC be non-scholarship teams?
              Never since I believe all ECAC teams give scholarships.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                Never since I believe all ECAC teams give scholarships.
                Really????none of the Ivies give athletic or academic scholarships...(thats 6) add union for 7 non-scholarship schools out of 12....Clarkson , st Lawrence , RPI, Colgate and QPac. If i remember, colgate did not give scholarships until a few years ago....look what money can do! (also you have obviously not been reading our other thread on new coaches!)

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                  Really????none of the Ivies give athletic or academic scholarships...(thats 6) add union for 7 non-scholarship schools out of 12....Clarkson , st Lawrence , RPI, Colgate and QPac. If i remember, colgate did not give scholarships until a few years ago....look what money can do! (also you have obviously not been reading our other thread on new coaches!)
                  Does anyone know why Union doesn’t give scholarships? Are they allowed to?

Comment

Is that the word on the street?

Comment

My bad. Forgot about the IVY no scholarships (cough, cough) And Union.

And yes I have been reading the other thread. My reading comprehension at age 66 is obviously lacking.
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        My bad. Forgot about the IVY no scholarships (cough, cough) And Union.
                        Seems like things have a way of getting worked out for those with "need"...

https://www.collegeraptor.com/find-c...lass-families/
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

If anyone has documentation or any specific examples of athletes getting more "need based" financial aid than non-athletes - everything else being equal - feel free to give details.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            If anyone has documentation or any specific examples of athletes getting more "need based" financial aid than non-athletes - everything else being equal - feel free to give details.
                            Is the "word on the street" acceptable?
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Personal experience.....no help util we had 2 in college at once. On line calculators were very accurate at estimating family contribution. Ivy schools agree to match other schools if can demonstrate an interest.. Really are similar or would end in a bidding war. They also won't give you a package until Dec/Jan. Financial aid is higher then most....but cost is higher than most.
                              Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 07-13-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                Does anyone know why Union doesn’t give scholarships? Are they allowed to?
                                B) No athletic scholarships.
                                A) A while back, the President of Middlebury believed that D3 schools needed to be pure to the goals of D3. He sponsored legislation that D3 schools could not offer athletic scholarships. There was much walla walla with the heads of the affected D3 schools on either side of the issue. Clarkson was against. Union was for.

It came to a vote and lost, but it was also agreed that the current D3 schools that were playing up and not offering scholarships couldn't.

Subsequent legislation (2010-100) prohibited D3 schools from playing above their station, with the current schools grandfathered. A provision in the legislation says that if you abandon the playup, you can't playup again.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X