Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Yep. I think it's more subtle this time...have to look at apt prices. The new ones in downtown Hopkins and the new ones in Ridgedale are asking $1300/mo for a studio. Over $3000/mo for a 3BR. I think people will flood to houses/townhouses, and then it will really get crazy.

I remember the first burst...and I realized it was coming when houses in ghetto-arse Robbinsdale with no lawn to speak of and neighbors 5 feet away were getting over 200K. It was ridiculous.
    You're talking something completely different, and unrelated to what I'm saying. This has nothing to do with housing. That bubble may burst at some point too, but the drivers and indicators are completely different from the markets I'm referring to.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      You're talking something completely different, and unrelated to what I'm saying. This has nothing to do with housing. That bubble may burst at some point too, but the drivers and indicators are completely different from the markets I'm referring to.
      I am commenting on land/property in general. There is only so much, and with growing population, with different goals (development, etc), Ag is gonna get hit, because inner city and the suburbs are getting too expensive. I remember when Elk River was a VERY rural town. Lakeville, too. One area affects the other, you know?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I am commenting on land/property in general. There is only so much, and with growing population, with different goals (development, etc), Ag is gonna get hit, because inner city and the suburbs are getting too expensive. I remember when Elk River was a VERY rural town. Lakeville, too. One area affects the other, you know?
        Yeah, but that impact has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. In fact, its the opposite. More Ag land being used for developing would actually drive up the value of Ag land, not cause it to crash.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, but that impact has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. In fact, its the opposite. More Ag land being used for developing would actually drive up the value of Ag land, not cause it to crash.
          Ag is in trouble, so lowball. Oh, because of lack of Ag, you're in debt. Here's 75% of actual value. Wanna try and recover some of that?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Good Evening Lodge!

Lottsa rain coming in the mid-Atlantic. Don't we have someone from the lodge residing there? Hope everything will be OK.
              Who could it be?
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Ag is in trouble, so lowball. Oh, because of lack of Ag, you're in debt. Here's 75% of actual value. Wanna try and recover some of that?
                Your logic is backwards. Go back to basic supply and demand. In this hypothetical situation, supply is high, demand is low, causing low prices. 1) Land that developers are interested automatically has a lower supply, because only land that is in city limits, or adjacent to existing developments would be in demand, causing a reduction in supply. 2) Adding developers into the mix increases the demand side of the equation, because that means that more parties are in the market for the purchasing that land, likely several developers. All in all, this situation that you are describing would only increase land values, and prices for the owners of that land. It all goes back to basic economics.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So, as if I'm not stressed enough this week trying to get everything in place for the launch of our company's biggest employee-wide annual campaign that launches while I'm in LA for the Emmy Awards, my bathroom shower drain decides to back up. I literally have no time for this. I called a plumber at 7:30. Got the service. She said if it was an emergency, she would page someone. I said have the office call me when it opens at 8:30. If I had my laptop with me I would've done that. So, I decide to forego breakfast and head to work as I'm usually on the T at 8:30. I get on a train and see I have a message at 7:50. They called me. I get off the train to call. I settle on a visit 5-6pm and will have to pay OT for it. Whatever. I have no choice. I have one meeting I physically need to be here for today and tomorrow I'm totally booked. I leave for the airport from the office on Thursday. I may snap, soon.

Comment

Another auction tonight. Way too high of prices, I was in for a while, but bowed out at just under $600k. With prices as low as they are, guys will be going broke soon, will be more land out there to buy. Prevailing thought is that the market will be flooded in the next year, so I'll have more chances, at likely a much better price. Also helps that I have the chunk I bought in July to fall back on, better land, for a lower price than we saw today.
                    Commodity prices aren't likely to really climb back into a good range until we see the tariffs on them lift in foreign lands, which will require some effort on our gov't's side, too. Those guys bidding up the prices must be expecting some of that bailout cash announced last month.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Commodity prices aren't likely to really climb back into a good range until we see the tariffs on them lift in foreign lands, which will require some effort on our gov't's side, too. Those guys bidding up the prices must be expecting some of that bailout cash announced last month.
                      No, they just have cash on hand and are speculating for the long term. They'll lose their shorts in the first few years, but as long as they have enough cash available, that won't matter. When the next upswing comes, they'll make money. The bailout cash for tariff relief isn't hardly worth applying for, the amount is so minuscule, like 0.5 cents per bushel, it won't have even a slight impact.

I think some people are speculating that Trump with get **** worked out with China, like he recently has with Mexico. Many are also very skeptical about that. Its not like he's done much to inspire confidence in anyone to this point, though, other financial markets seem to be doing not terrible. We'll just have to wait and see. We have always positioned ourselves well in down times, and come out bigger and stronger than before, so hoping to do that again.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Who could it be?
                        Considering how much flooding we are getting from the rains over the weekend, whatever we get from Florence is going to be a mess.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Who could it be?
                          Hmmmm

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Considering how much flooding we are getting from the rains over the weekend, whatever we get from Florence is going to be a mess.
                          Hmmmm again

No, they just have cash on hand and are speculating for the long term. They'll lose their shorts in the first few years, but as long as they have enough cash available, that won't matter. When the next upswing comes, they'll make money. The bailout cash for tariff relief isn't hardly worth applying for, the amount is so minuscule, like 0.5 cents per bushel, it won't have even a slight impact.

I think some people are speculating that Trump with get **** worked out with China, like he recently has with Mexico. Many are also very skeptical about that. Its not like he's done much to inspire confidence in anyone to this point, though, other financial markets seem to be doing not terrible. We'll just have to wait and see. We have always positioned ourselves well in down times, and come out bigger and stronger than before, so hoping to do that again.
                          This is so like what happened when Reagan did the shell game with $$ when I was a kid. It supports things for only so long then down it goes. We shifted to more conservative investments. Might not make a bundle now but the hit when the crash comes will be a lot less painful adn rebound faster

Comment

Checking in lodge, because I have apologies to share.

I want to apologize for my website not being available today to share the 9/11 thread. I don't have the site set to auto-renew the domain, and I was so busy this past week with other things I completely forgot to renew.

Good news, the files are all still at GoDaddy so we didn't lose our slice of history, and the domain was parked for me to still be able to renew. Bad news is that it's a blank page until the DNS servers refresh.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Hmmmm

Hmmmm again

This is so like what happened when Reagan did the shell game with $$ when I was a kid. It supports things for only so long then down it goes. We shifted to more conservative investments. Might not make a bundle now but the hit when the crash comes will be a lot less painful adn rebound faster
                              Can't exactly "shift to more conservative investments" when the investment is growing in the field.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Plumber showed up 10 minutes early! Cleaned out the drain. Had to pay OT charges. Blergh. But it's done. Finished packing, though not 100% because I will be packing my sneakers and I need to wear them tomorrow. I cancelled my PT appointment tomorrow night so I may drive my suitcase in tomorrow night instead of taking a Lyft into to the office Thursday morning. Cross your fingers I get through tomorrow and Thursday morning without feeling I need to bring my work laptop with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X