Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Didn't grow up Catholic
    Mom's Italian... guess where I was every Sunday! I was even an altar boy for 9 years. Said goodbye to the church when I was 21 and trying to get married. She was pregnant (and I thought I was doing the right thing) but 3 different priests refused to marry us.

That's not what turned me off though... it was the 3 vastly different reasons they gave for not wanting to (two of which were directly related to the aforementioned coin in the collection plate).

Haven't been to a normal mass or church service since. While I gave up on the Catholic Church, I've never given up my faith... pretty sure there will be a spot for me inside the pearly gates.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      While I gave up on the Catholic Church, I've never given up my faith... pretty sure there will be a spot for me inside the pearly gates.
      This. God and I negotiated a deal decades ago. I do my best, ask for forgiveness for my sins, and he's cool with that. I don't need any church (or organized religion) to do that for me.

Can't remember what movie it's from, but it sorta rings true: I don't visit His house, He doesn't visit mine.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I never thought I'd be saying this, but when you're on two major projects, email is just horrible.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I never thought I'd be saying this, but when you're on two major projects, email is just horrible.
            I receive emails from three different project managers on a number of different upgrade initiatives - SQL Server, some security updates, and a few others. The PMs will put the application they're discussing in the email header or meeting subject, but then won't say for which project. How does that help when that one PM and many of the others involved are on two of the projects at once? They all have staggered timelines, so we can't combine efforts. I just hate the PMs we have right now. It's like the new corporate policy for projects and upgrade initiatives is to fail faster and more gloriously than before.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

It is hotter than Hades here and humid as *******. I am ready for the humidity to go away.

Comment

Got myself a little extended vacation from work. Got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes Monday, and my numbers are quite high. But, making (and committing to) changes that have needed to happen for a while.

Luckily my annual work physical caught it, or who knows how long I would have gone before it was noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Got myself a little extended vacation from work. Got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes Monday, and my numbers are quite high. But, making (and committing to) changes that have needed to happen for a while.

Luckily my annual work physical caught it, or who knows how long I would have gone before it was noticed.
                  Trying to be consistent is really important. That is going to be challenging with your job. There is some really interesting stuff about higher risk of this in people who work overnights because of disturbed circadian rhythms. From what I remember of your schedule you are in the 36% higher risk. Glad you got caught and are treating it
                  https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/893020

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Good Morning Lodge!

It is hotter than Hades here and humid as *******. I am ready for the humidity to go away.
                    I can't remember what ****** was but I didn't think I swore

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post

Be lucky it was caught. Armadillo was in a coma for 4 days, because no one knew he had it. Seriously.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

My blood sugar numbers came waay down. I've lost 18 pounds since tax season, and I've had exactly 1 (pop, soda, coke, whatever you call it) in that time frame.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            My blood sugar numbers came waay down. I've lost 18 pounds since tax season, and I've had exactly 1 (pop, soda, coke, whatever you call it) in that time frame.
                            Have you heard about our carbonated lord and savior La Croix?

Yes, the hipster Millennials have moved in on it, but you'll never drink another soda again. Zero calories, zero sugar, and tastes passable for what it is (seltzer water "infused" with fruit flavor.) Good on a hot day, and a great mixer for adult beverages.

I recommend the grapefruit (pamplemousse,) apricot, and mango. Most of the "Curate" flavors in the thinner Red Bull type cans are good too. Avoid coconut (literally tastes like suntan lotion) and lime (insanely popular for some reason but I find it too strong.)
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

La Croix sucks. Always has, always will. I HATE that sh*.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X