Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Evenin’ Lodge. Home all day today. Cleaned my bathrooms. They needed it. Rained pretty much all day today, but not raining now. Just made dinner. It was actually pretty good. Now to have some of the brownies I just made!

Comment

Regular brownies or "pass the Doritos" brownies?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Regular. Chocolate. Delicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          Regular brownies or "pass the Doritos" brownies?
          My favorite line from Friends.

"Were they 'special' brownies?"

"No, but they had pot in them."
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

That 70s Show:

Mrs Foreman: We know you put that special ingredient in these brownies...
            Eric: ......huh? What do you mean?
            Mrs Foreman: You know...love.

Morning, Lodge. Fun day yesterday, perfect night for a bonfire. And some mead.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Got home in time. Thunder and lightning now.

Are those demonstrators supposed to be out there?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Successful weekend here. BBQ yesterday went well. Plenty of beer was consumed, the BBQ ribs, chicken, corn, cornbread, potato salad, coleslaw, and all of the rest of the food was excellent. Very fun time.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Yay for working until 1:00 tonight, and having to be downtown for jury duty at 8:00...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Gray, misty, foggy Monday. Scheduled to fly to Dallas this afternoon. I hear there are some storms there. So, I'm sure I'm going to be delayed. What a pain. I'm only going to be there 24 hours. I hope I get there. Ugh. Working from home for a few hours till I leave for the airport. Waiting to see if I get a delayed message.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Good morning Lodge. Gray, misty, foggy Monday. Scheduled to fly to Dallas this afternoon. I hear there are some storms there. So, I'm sure I'm going to be delayed. What a pain. I'm only going to be there 24 hours. I hope I get there. Ugh. Working from home for a few hours till I leave for the airport. Waiting to see if I get a delayed message.
                              Prescient I see.....

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Back on the grid after a few days off it. Went to Westerly, RI- mr les had a hankering to stay at a RI beach. (Do not ask. Who the hell even thinks of RI?) Taylor Swift has a mansion on the water just down the road from where we stayed. Very different. The whole beach was sectioned off into little 'cattle pens' of private beaches - roped off sections with little breaks in dunes to walk thru, for close to a mile with no access unless it was low tide. About a mile down was beautiful with a nature preserve that was almost deserted.

I grew up going to a beach on the end of the Cape by my grandparents where sometimes there were no people the whole time we were there. Beach etiquette always eludes me. The area was about 50ft square. One family group- nouveau riche- had 7 little kids, 2 trophy wives, 2 teen nannies and 2 guys. They brought some sort of speaker that they blasted so you couldn't hear yourself think (awful music too) and smoked the most noxious cigars- ALL DAY!! They parked in the opening to the beach and spread out along the rope on one whole side= toys, bags, goodness knows what else. Of course the wind was blowing back into the area that was left. Peee-uuuuuu. I hate cigar smell. As soon as I could I went down to the water so the waves could drown out the music and I could breathe.

Yesterday we set up outside the ropes off to the side and I went down to the water. I had been chatting with a woman who looked up and told me my friends had arrived. Look up and these people set up their stuff, an umbrella, coolers, chairs literally a foot from my chair. There were open spots all over, we were off to the side. They started blasting a radio, smoking like chimneys and talking so loud we could hear them over the surf. I went up and moved my chair to the other side of mr les but the guy was still bellowing all sorts of obnoxious stuff about everyone he knew and why they sucked. Moved 20 ft away and still could hear him.

So-serious question- is this what people expect? Where we usually go to the beach at a state park now and this kind of stuff doesn't happen. I was really irritated and mr les was meh, no big deal. Maybe beach etiquette is different in different places?

Went to Block Island= saw some crazy a55 erosion on cliffs. WHo knew RI could be so interesting!
                              Last edited by leswp1; 08-13-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Yay for working until 1:00 tonight, and having to be downtown for jury duty at 8:00...
                                Aaaaaaaaand.....selected again.

2 for 2, I guess.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X