Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Another unexpected, unwanted bonus day with my folks in NC. Luckily my Uncle is a bit of a gearhead, so we took that trailer apart and... still don't have it perfect, but hopefully it gets me to FL tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      ,so we took that trailer apart
      In other words you watched?
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

The best beer bar in Moscow is only a 15 minute walk from the Marriott Moscow Grand Hotel. Hotel is also walking distance to The Kremlin/Red Square/St. Basil's. Sweet. Also sweet is my boss told me to take a couple extra days there to see the city and do tourist stuff.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          The best beer bar in Moscow is only a 15 minute walk from the Marriott Moscow Grand Hotel. Hotel is also walking distance to The Kremlin/Red Square/St. Basil's. Sweet. Also sweet is my boss told me to take a couple extra days there to see the city and do tourist stuff.
          Can you bring me back a ruble of some denomination? I'll gladly pay you the 4 cents it's worth. (Actually I am serious, would love to have a piece of Russian currency).
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• s'upp y'all

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Can you bring me back a ruble of some denomination? I'll gladly pay you the 4 cents it's worth. (Actually I am serious, would love to have a piece of Russian currency).
            Been doing that for Sasha with her favorite colors (purple, now green )
            Quite a collection to date
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              s'upp y'all

Been doing that for Sasha with her favorite colors (purple, now green )
              Quite a collection to date
              I really like Russian stuff. It's just cool.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Sure. 1 Ruble is currently about a cent and half.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Sure. 1 Ruble is currently about a cent and half.
                  Would love a paper note. Hence the 4 cents, not a cent and a half.

Comment

Saw a decent amount of Russian stuff in Israel. Makes sense when you think about it a bit.

It is visible immediately. Get off the plane at Ben Gurion and your presented with signs in Hebrew, Arabic, English, and Russian.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning MarkEagleUSA!

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          Saw a decent amount of Russian stuff in Israel. Makes sense when you think about it a bit.

It is visible immediately. Get off the plane at Ben Gurion and your presented with signs in Hebrew, Arabic, English, and Russian.
                          There won't be much of anything in English, or even in a language that doesn't use Cyrillic alphabet, which isn't surprising. That is the part that is intimidating, not only is there no English option, which is obviously common to find places with no English option, it is a different alphabet, so I have no chance at even sounding out a word. The same as you had to deal with in Israel.

I want to use the Moscow metro, but only a few stations near the city center have English signs, and none of the announcements are in English, so I'm thinking I might end up just getting lost. But, the one really interesting thing I learned about the Moscow metro, if the announcements are in a male's voice, you're heading towards the city center (Red Square), a female's voice means you're heading away from the city center.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Pet peeve...people who ask you to drop everything to get FREE stuff since they were to lazy to order stuff on their own in time for their flight to China tonight, asking me to drop what I'm working on to gather up some things and then have the gall to say "Hey, can you bring it all the way to my desk at the other end of the campus?" Seriously, when you ask a favor of free stuff, the first words you should say is "When can I come pick it up?"

Went to see my podiatrist this morning. My plantar fasciitis is acting up. Apparently an inflamed tendon on my left calf? Not the Achillies. I now have to go back to PT. And use heat/not ice. And he showed me a stretching exercise to do for 30 seconds, 3x a day.

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Still hot. Still Humid. Blech.

Comment

Good Afternoon, Lodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X