Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Mornin', Lodge.

Mom's bday was yesterday, having brunch with the parents today. Still a bit smoky outdoors; doesn't really bother me, but it's giving the sun/sky a weird tint. You could really notice it last night at sunset.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning/Afternoon Lodge!

I am ready for more temperate weather. This humidity is nasty.

Comment

I’m ready for the smoke/haze to be gone, it’s like LA here the past couple days. Dang Cannuckleheads and their fires.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

We don't have smoke but it has been >75% humidity since a week ago. Nasty. Nasty. Nasty. Nothing feels dry. And we are having massive T storms (for us) every day, on and off. PIA when you are trying to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Huh. Interesting. Most guidelines say around 6 is meh, 7 is change meds and 8 is all hands on deck. 10 is really lax (even if you are looking at old people where they don't want control to be that strict. I wonder what made them pick that #. Learn something new every day.
              I don't think I've ever seen an A1C calculation on my tests. Either that, or I don't know how to read these things (completely possible). I have seen blood glucose numbers, where anything under 100 is considered normal, 100-130 is pre-diabetic, and 130+ was diabetic.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I keep seeing AIC (hockey).

Had brunch with the parents (mom's bday), visited/chatted at their place afterwards, brought over a bottle of mead (350mL) and a howler of root beer from the corner store (which I know my mom loves). The mead...success. Dad and Mom had theirs finished before I was halfway done with my glass. They loved it. Lazy Sunday tomorrow.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  I don't think I've ever seen an A1C calculation on my tests. Either that, or I don't know how to read these things (completely possible). I have seen blood glucose numbers, where anything under 100 is considered normal, 100-130 is pre-diabetic, and 130+ was diabetic.
                  A1C is a test that can calculate the amount of glucose that has been carried on the blood for the last 3 months. It is a separate # and the numbers correspond to the approximate avg BS over that time. Some will give you an estimate of the BS depending on the #. It is considered more accurate than a spot check because it can show trends. It is more indicative of what you have been recently- in other words if you were 100 from week 12-8 and then started to go in another direction wk 7-0 the last weeks are more influential. WNL is usually <6. >6 is pay attention, >7 is treat more aggressively, 8 is add more meds or start with 2, >8 is big argument- start insulin immediately or multiple meds....

The various medical assoc/bodies disagree on some things but standard is >126 is diabetic. anywhere from >105 to >110 is considered pre-diabetic- chances of being >126 in 5 yrs are great. THey are supposed to be moving away from the fasting and Random BS and toward A1c as it is a better predictor but it is more expensive so .....

Comment

I went from 110 to 86 over the past year, so I think I'm trending in the right direction.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

On a internet roll. Bougjt $400 of Waygu and also accidentally bougjt a bunchbof uber eats ****. Some kind of polish ommeler amd beef sandwich. Brother linblaw making pizzas. N3ed more beer.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Canada's smoke has been very noticeable the last few days. Air quality warnings abound. One nice thing though, I was able to wash our cars in the sun without it instantly baking water spots onto the finish today.

Of course thunderstorms are rolling through tomorrow, but our cars look awesome right now!
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          On a internet roll. Bougjt $400 of Waygu and also accidentally bougjt a bunchbof uber eats ****. Some kind of polish ommeler amd beef sandwich. Brother linblaw making pizzas. N3ed more beer.
                          😂
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

s'upp y'all
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mornin' Lodge. I see bbdl had a good night last night.

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!

Spent the day cleansing things like books we don't want. Now havve boxes of them and trying to figure out is they are worth anything

Comment

Working...
                                X