Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Congrats Clown. Which parish?
    Transfiguration in Oakdale.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Transfiguration in Oakdale.
      Oakdale? Oakdale??
      Oh....you mean GD Oakdale!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Waiting at the house for an AC tech to come. Love those 4 hour service windows. Especially when I have a laundry list a mile long to prep for my road trip to the homeland (NY) in the morning. I just couldn't go stay at the family camp on the river and leave the seadoo in my garage in FL. Why do I do these things to myself, although the weather looks MUCH nicer up there.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          If you know you're below what appears to be the current job market rate, just tell the recruiter and hiring companies that your current salary is, say 2%-5% below the listed floor, or right at floor. Then tell them that you're interested in make the move so long as it comes with a raise. They can't know the true figure, so it's entirely up to you to give yourself that raise. With your recently added qualifications, that shouldn't be tough to do at all.
          If they really want you not answering this question is OK I would think. It is a fishing expedition. lilnsl is interviewing and hitting the same question.

One of the ways you can answer is This job is in a different setting than the one I am in so I would not consider salary information to be comparable. I would need at least X to consider making a move. Otherwise I would consider it a lateral move and would need other incentives. Heard something on NPR about a pilot program helping women negotiate salaries. They said almost always women sell themselves short, feel guilty asking for the $$. If you are good be confident and sell yourself. If you value you than they are more likely to value you. Also if you don't value yourself/have confidence it sets things up to give the impression they don't need to be as considerate/concerned re how to value your contributions in the long run. You don't need to be an a55 about it but be bold!

lilnsl hasn't had a salary yet but is getting 'offers' that are so low he can make more at the market he works at. He is also stumped. TOld him to use a variation of above- Kiss up about the job being intriguing. Say he would need at least X to be able to consider the offer or other incentives.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I've been stumped by the salary issue as well. I wish you well on the wT. Good luck!

So, Cousin S posted today the my cousin J has been moved to hospice care. I'm a wreck about this. I was on a three-minute break between meetings and checked Facebook when I saw it. I guess I should have been expecting it. I called my parents immediately to tell them. They had heard from my aunt last week that she was being moved to a long-term care facility. I called cousin P tonight to see if she had any additional info. She told me that cousin J had a healthcare proxy and didn't want to be kept on machines. She talked to cousin S and my aunt and told me to reach out to cousin S. I guess he was upset I hadn't yet commented on Facebook. I just had to collect my thoughts and work was crazy....gah!! I did post a comment and also sent him a private message. We'll see if he gets back to me.

Sorry this is all going on. Sounds so sad. Have to admit I read this and it struck me that, again, this is all about Cousin S. Is there something about this guy that everyone needs to be so concerned with making him OK? What about all the rest of you? Why is everyone so concerned that he is happy even when what you did should have been enough? (Makes me think about how families get in a twist to make sure the alcoholic is happy when they are completely unreasonable vs treating them like the rest of the family)

Good Morning/Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

Going back to work after 10 days off sucks...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotanorthstar View Post
              going to work sucks...
              fyp!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I don't understand what the big deal is with this salary stuff...you just lie to them. Decide how much you want to make, or are worth, and that is what you tell them you're making, then ask for more. If they want you, the minimum they'll offer you is that original number that you want to make. It is pretty simple.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Sorry this is all going on. Sounds so sad. Have to admit I read this and it struck me that, again, this is all about Cousin S. Is there something about this guy that everyone needs to be so concerned with making him OK? What about all the rest of you? Why is everyone so concerned that he is happy even when what you did should have been enough? (Makes me think about how families get in a twist to make sure the alcoholic is happy when they are completely unreasonable vs treating them like the rest of the family)
                  Yeah, you're not off base here. I've been going back and forth about it for the past 24 hours. I'm upset with myself for not being more proactive about reaching out. I could have gotten his cell from cousin P when I first touched base with her a coupe of weeks ago, but felt he was in a state of mind that if I did reach out, he might have yelled at me or something. To be honest, I have not been on Facebook as much as I usually am as I feel he would see my posts and think "Well, she has time to do all that but not reach out, etc." Also, I don't know if he's expecting me to do my own posts about asking for thoughts and prayers for her. Both of which are ridiculous, I know, but that's how my mind works. So I posted a response on his thread and then said I sent him a private message in which I said I know you're probably disappointed in me, etc. but that I've been keeping in touch and praying for her, etc. Again I said I don't have your cell. Here is mine, here is my home phone. And I'm happy to communicate using FB message if that works best. I got back: Thank you. That's it. Nothing more. Not sure if I will get any additional information. And maybe that's all he can handle. Who knows. I'm trying to not let it bother me. I'm sad enough Cousin J is in this state. I don't need to add anything more on to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Yeah, you're not off base here. I've been going back and forth about it for the past 24 hours. I'm upset with myself for not being more proactive about reaching out. I could have gotten his cell from cousin P when I first touched base with her a coupe of weeks ago, but felt he was in a state of mind that if I did reach out, he might have yelled at me or something. To be honest, I have not been on Facebook as much as I usually am as I feel he would see my posts and think "Well, she has time to do all that but not reach out, etc." Also, I don't know if he's expecting me to do my own posts about asking for thoughts and prayers for her. Both of which are ridiculous, I know, but that's how my mind works. So I posted a response on his thread and then said I sent him a private message in which I said I know you're probably disappointed in me, etc. but that I've been keeping in touch and praying for her, etc. Again I said I don't have your cell. Here is mine, here is my home phone. And I'm happy to communicate using FB message if that works best. I got back: Thank you. That's it. Nothing more. Not sure if I will get any additional information. And maybe that's all he can handle. Who knows. I'm trying to not let it bother me. I'm sad enough Cousin J is in this state. I don't need to add anything more on to it.
                    This is really about your cousin who is in hospice. You are entitled to take care of yourself and your sadness. Confused as to why he is more important than everyone else. If he is disappointed in you, sounds like the rest of the family is scrambling hard enough to make him happy. He is choosing to ignore the ways you reach out. Clearly nothing is enough so wasting energy on it isn't productive. Why isn't he nurturing the rest of you? If he is the 'leader' then that is his job. (sorry, unsolicited. I just read this and think he is playing this for all its worth and missing what this is supposed to be about- not him!)

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

::thread slowly trickles to a stop?::

Good Afternoon Lodge! I have no idea how women survived in hot, humid climates wearing layers of heavy clothing and no fan or AC. BLECH!!!

Comment

On the side of the road of I-95, 425 miles into my drive north. Had a tire blowout on my seadoo trailer. Ugh.

I'm fine, roadside is enroute to come fix me up hopefully. Not what I wanted though.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            ::thread slowly trickles to a stop?::

Good Afternoon Lodge! I have no idea how women survived in hot, humid climates wearing layers of heavy clothing and no fan or AC. BLECH!!!
                            I have no idea how anyone survived in hot, humid climates before AC.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I have no idea how anyone survived in hot, humid climates before AC.
                              Saw something once about how people who are raised in hot climates from a young age are more tolerant of heat than those who are in AC all the time. I wonder about those who came here from cooler climates.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Saw something once about how people who are raised in hot climates from a young age are more tolerant of heat than those who are in AC all the time. I wonder about those who came here from cooler climates.
                                I melt if it’s above 70, -10 isn’t too bad though.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X