Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

The last parade I went to in northern Michigan, they were canvassing to get the signatures to put weed legalization on the ballot. This was at an annual potato festival in a traditionally Polish-Catholic town of maybe 1,000 people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I received $5.75M from Mrs. Jennifer Wood. The total is now $799,355,148.56.
      I received $15M from Mr. Jerome Powell. The total is now $814,355,148.56.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I received $15M from Mr. Jerome Powell. The total is now $814,355,148.56.
        coming up to a big number

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          If Ralph invests wisely he will soon be able to pay off the national debt.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

The Hamline just serves food.

I think I know the place Clown is talking about. bbdl: our group passed by them when that girl group was singing religious light rock music when we went. They don't reach out to people. They just do their thing, and yay God, and all that. I see no harm, no foul.

And the Fair did break the all-Fair record. Something like 2,046,000. Topped the old record by about 50K. This past Sunday was almost a record for that day (missed it by <2K) and I will swear on the Bible that I thought that until about 1pm, no more than half that passed through the gates.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just walk by it and pretend they aren't there....like they only serve Bud Light, or something...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

If you mean $1B, I won't make it by the end of the year if the rate remains at the level it has been since the start of July. However, it could pick up. of course.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    The Hamline just serves food.

I think I know the place Clown is talking about. bbdl: our group passed by them when that girl group was singing religious light rock music when we went. They don't reach out to people. They just do their thing, and yay God, and all that. I see no harm, no foul.
                    The "free bibles" kooks? Named after GoT religious fanatics? Yeah, they were real winners.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

his post count?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

already been out to get my TB test, walked 2.1 miles and pulled all the shades. I have no idea how people live in places down south if they are not on the water.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

already been out to get my TB test, walked 2.1 miles and pulled all the shades. I have no idea how people live in places down south if they are not on the water.
                          Well, air conditioning was invented in 1902, so people have 116 years to get with the times.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Well, air conditioning was invented in 1902, so people have 116 years to get with the times.
                            Half the south hasn't yet recognized they got their arses kicked in 1865.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              Half the south hasn't yet recognized they got their arses kicked in 1865.
                              My point is, they have nothing to complain about. If they don't like the heat, well, maybe they should have gotten AC in the last 116 years. There is a very simple solution to heat, and it has been around for more than 100 years, so don't complain when it is hot and you ignore the easy solution staring you in the face.

I hate the heat, so I plan everything around staying in AC as much as possible, and I stay plenty comfortable.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

My point is, they have nothing to complain about. If they don't like the heat, well, maybe they should have gotten AC in the last 116 years. There is a very simple solution to heat, and it has been around for more than 100 years, so don't complain when it is hot and you ignore the easy solution staring you in the face.

I hate the heat, so I plan everything around staying in AC as much as possible, and I stay plenty comfortable.
                                We cannot afford to run the AC all the time altho we did manage to get one. When we first lived here it wasn't that bad. We live on a hill and the updraft worked just fine. As time has gone on it has gotten hotter (Really, I keep a garden journal and we have moved up 2 zones in 25 yrs with much more consistent heat) and the updraft isn't doing it. This Summer has been really bad. Instead of isolated days of heat and cooler nights we have had stretches of days where the temp hasn't dropped below 85 at night. I can't imagine living in the city where there is no air movement and the heat is held way longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X