Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Good Morning Lodge (or afternoon or evening)!

Nice day before it gets nasty humid again. Looks like RFAlph is getting flooded!

Comment

Is there a full moon or is some planet in retrograde or something? I decided to drive in this morning. Halfway there, I see my Check Engine light comes on. Grrrr. I turned around and went home to take the T as I'm flying out tonight to Las Vegas (work trip) and I do not have the time to deal with my car falling apart on the way to or from the office. I get on the subway, three stops in an announcement that the train at the stop ahead of us isn't moving due to issues with one of the doors. Ugh. Thankfully that didn't take as long as it could have to work itself out. I get to my stop, the up escalator is under repair. Oy. I hope that's it for today!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Is there a full moon or is some planet in retrograde or something? I decided to drive in this morning. Halfway there, I see my Check Engine light comes on. Grrrr. I turned around and went home to take the T as I'm flying out tonight to Las Vegas (work trip) and I do not have the time to deal with my car falling apart on the way to or from the office. I get on the subway, three stops in an announcement that the train at the stop ahead of us isn't moving due to issues with one of the doors. Ugh. Thankfully that didn't take as long as it could have to work itself out. I get to my stop, the up escalator is under repair. Oy. I hope that's it for today!!
        Giving you your Tuesday before you leave?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Giving you your Tuesday before you leave?
          Very possibly so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Pretty sure it was a full moon last night. Work was conpletely nuts.

ETA - the full moon was on the 27th. Just crazies last night, I guess.
            Last edited by bostonewe; 07-30-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Wow. Spectrum internet already in trouble for speed throttling in NY. Wasnt net neutrality just repealed in June?
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Check engine light usually means nothing. Nothing to worry about.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Check engine light usually means nothing. Nothing to worry about.
                  Isn't it to the point where it could simply mean a tire has low pressure? It's become the go-to warning about ANYTHING going on with your vehicle?
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Isn't it to the point where it could simply mean a tire has low pressure? It's become the go-to warning about ANYTHING going on with your vehicle?
                    I've had it come on roughly ten times since I've started driving. One time it was it was a faulty purge valve, the other ~9 times it was fuel cap related.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      I've had it come on roughly ten times since I've started driving. One time it was it was a faulty purge valve, the other ~9 times it was fuel cap related.
                      Forgot about the fuel cap. That's just insane. All this technology.....ok, we'll just make this one light to warn you of everything. "Well, your engine could blow up.....or your fuel cap is loose. Good luck!"
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Forgot about the fuel cap. That's just insane. All this technology.....ok, we'll just make this one light to warn you of everything. "Well, your engine could blow up.....or your fuel cap is loose. Good luck!"
                        OMG I got gas Saturday morning and it seemed like the guy had a hard time with putting the fuel cap back on. Could it be that simple?? So, if I fix that and screw it in properly will the light go out on it’s own or do they need to fix something to reset it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          OMG I got gas Saturday morning and it seemed like the guy had a hard time with putting the fuel cap back on. Could it be that simple?? So, if I fix that and screw it in properly will the light go out on it’s own or do they need to fix something to reset it?
                          It should reset on it's own eventually. Depends on the brand. Some will turn off right away, others will turn off after a certain number of starts.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good morning. Here at Caesar’s Palace waiting to check in. There’s about 30 people ahead of me. There’s ONE person working check in. I probably won’t get to my room for another hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Good morning. Here at Caesar’s Palace waiting to check in. There’s about 30 people ahead of me. There’s ONE person working check in. I probably won’t get to my room for another hour.
                                How many of those in line are large families with multiple screaming babies?
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X