Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    How do you spend 10 minutes deleting email? Jesus you Luddite. Ctrl+A, delete.
    I never delete them. I just let them pile up. At some point IT will deal with it.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

A couple of years ago, our IT instituted a 90-day limit on emails in our inbox. If you want to keep an email, for whatever reason, you need to go in and code it to keep it so it won't automatically delete. A lot of my email is junk and another batch tends to be me copied on an email conversation going back and forth. I try to check it even when on vacation to clear out a lot of the junk so I don't come back to the office with a full inbox.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I never delete them. I just let them pile up. At some point IT will deal with it.
        Ditto. I categorize them as best I can. BUt it usually gets out of hand quickly.

Are you on a space quota? We used to have that with Lotus. Set at 500 MB. Which I laughed at pretty hard.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ditto. I categorize them as best I can. BUt it usually gets out of hand quickly.

Are you on a space quota? We used to have that with Lotus. Set at 500 MB. Which I laughed at pretty hard.
          No more space quota now that we're using Outlook instead of Lotus, and now that its all cloud-based.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

We used to have space quotas, but then someone identified my user ID as having maintained a processing application some number of months ago. I know nothing about the data within the app, but my name is on record as having altered some data during the fix. So now I have no space limit because we're being sued over something we do that uses that specific application during its end-to-end process. I'm not allowed to delete very many emails anymore.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              What's an email?

Sorta serious. It's not needed for my position at all. It's pointless. I probably check mine once a year to get the link to our HAZMAT recert. That's it. And yes, I spend 10 minutes deleting everything else.

From the stories I hear around here, it's a Godsend to not have a necessary email.
              Mine is in my pocket 24/7 and I don’t enjoy that.

When I get to the BWCA for my annual trip, it’s heaven.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good Morning/Afternoon Lodge!

When I was working as an NP I was pounded with messages- internal. In the 13+ yrs I was there they never managed to straighten out the external email. It was always messed up, not accessible for what ever reason. They would periodically tell me I was supposed to use it, I would show them I couldn't access it and they would tell me they would fix it soon. Never did. It did not make me sad other than to aggravate me the place should have thought it was important and actually fixed it. Now I work for a Catholic University. Most of the year they email me to remind me of obligation days or what ever those are and tell me about various fixes, phishing schemes to watch out for and that's it. During the school year a few more than that but not much. Works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  We used to have space quotas, but then someone identified my user ID as having maintained a processing application some number of months ago. I know nothing about the data within the app, but my name is on record as having altered some data during the fix. So now I have no space limit because we're being sued over something we do that uses that specific application during its end-to-end process. I'm not allowed to delete very many emails anymore.
                  We have that too. It's fairly common at my company. THere's a name for it here but I can't remember.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Good Morning/Afternoon Lodge!

When I was working as an NP I was pounded with messages- internal. In the 13+ yrs I was there they never managed to straighten out the external email. It was always messed up, not accessible for what ever reason. They would periodically tell me I was supposed to use it, I would show them I couldn't access it and they would tell me they would fix it soon. Never did. It did not make me sad other than to aggravate me the place should have thought it was important and actually fixed it. Now I work for a Catholic University. Most of the year they email me to remind me of obligation days or what ever those are and tell me about various fixes, phishing schemes to watch out for and that's it. During the school year a few more than that but not much. Works for me!
                    Today is a Holy Day of Obligation for the Feast of the Assumption - the Assumption of Mary for the something involving Jesus. I didn't much care. I still don't much care.

For Catholics, it basically means that they're supposed to attend Mass.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Today is a Holy Day of Obligation for the Feast of the Assumption - the Assumption of Mary for the something involving Jesus. I didn't much care. I still don't much care.

I always wondered what happened if you didn't. If that sends you to hell then you might as well live it up for other things!

Comment

Catholicism: Top 5 Successful Cults in History

RIP - Kirby

Comment

We have that too. It's fairly common at my company. THere's a name for it here but I can't remember.
                          Preservation retention.....or something like that.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            I always wondered what happened if you didn't. If that sends you to hell then you might as well live it up for other things!
                            I gave up on the Catholic church years ago. If I need to go to some specific building to talk to God, there's a problem. I once had a priest tell me I wasn't a good Catholic because I didn't come to church. I laughed and said I knew the real issue: I wasn't tossing any coin into the collection plate. That was my last regular time in a church other than some weddings and funerals (it's been about 38 years since I went to mass).
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                              How can you be that busy when all you do is cancel flights?
                              People expect me to tell them before I do it. I know, I don't get it either...

Jeebus. I normally get 15-20. Do you get an email every time united does something insane?
                              It depends on the day. We get emails about anything and everything. The worse the weather and ATC day, the more we get. And since we fly for 3 major carriers, we sometimes get it in triplicate.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                I gave up on the Catholic church years ago. If I need to go to some specific building to talk to God, there's a problem. I once had a priest tell me I wasn't a good Catholic because I didn't come to church. I laughed and said I knew the real issue: I wasn't tossing any coin into the collection plate. That was my last regular time in a church other than some weddings and funerals (it's been about 38 years since I went to mass).
                                Didn't grow up Catholic and didn't actually meet a practicing one until I was almost 10. We lived behind a base and I think almost everyone was a Baptist altho no one really talked much about it. I remember being totally confused when the Mum was yelling at the kids they needed to go to Mass. One of the kids started to complain and the mother declared in funereal tones not going would be a...pregnant pause... "Mortal Sin" . The kid shut up and complied right away. I went home and asked my mother what a... "Mortal Sin"... was. I never even knew people thought there was more than one kind of sin or that God would not love you if you didn't go to church.

I also didn't realize people thought they needed a mouthpiece to talk to God until I was in college when a fellow student felt I needed instruction as I was not going to Church and I wasn't Catholic. I grew up with the expectation you went straight to the Big Guy, no middle man. To not do that was somehow sacrilegious altho I have no idea why.

It wasn't until I was an adult that I heard of the concept of having to pay to go to Sunday School- and that there were politics involved in who got the best time slots, etc. It was a huge controversy in the local Catholic Church and some of the people I worked with had kids who were affected. They talked about it for months. I was baffled. How could you exclude people and why would anyone require payment to teach about God? We just have Sunday school and kids come. Whole different world out there .

Comment

Working...
                                X