Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

Going to NYC.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Job interview on the 29th. I sent my resume about a month and a half ago.

Now, then....I gotta go back and figure out just what in the hell I applied for.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        Got myself a little extended vacation from work. Got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes Monday, and my numbers are quite high. But, making (and committing to) changes that have needed to happen for a while.

Luckily my annual work physical caught it, or who knows how long I would have gone before it was noticed.
        Yikes! It is manageable, though. A few years ago, my brother was similarly diagnosed. He was having a few vision issues, went to see a friend who was an eye doctor who told him to get to his PCP immediately. They did a blood test, his A1C was 11. Doctor told him he was thisclose to having a stroke. He was on meds, completely changed his diet and he lost 45 pounds in about 4 months. While he still has to keep track of his sugar, he's off his meds and his A1C is now in the low 5 range.

Happy Friday Lodge. In the office today. I have a PT appointment at 10 and the facility is two blocks from the office so I decided to come into work. There's about three people here today.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Job interview on the 29th. I sent my resume about a month and a half ago.

Now, then....I gotta go back and figure out just what in the hell I applied for.
          A job, perhaps.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            A job, perhaps.
            Let’s hope.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

I am thankful that I have never liked soda/pop. Chocolate shakes on the other hand.....

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Be lucky it was caught. Armadillo was in a coma for 4 days, because no one knew he had it. Seriously.
                Definitely glad my annual work physical caught on to it. I believe it, it can do a lot of bad things if untreated.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Have you heard about our carbonated lord and savior La Croix?

Yes, the hipster Millennials have moved in on it, but you'll never drink another soda again. Zero calories, zero sugar, and tastes passable for what it is (seltzer water "infused" with fruit flavor.) Good on a hot day, and a great mixer for adult beverages.

I recommend the grapefruit (pamplemousse,) apricot, and mango. Most of the "Curate" flavors in the thinner Red Bull type cans are good too. Avoid coconut (literally tastes like suntan lotion) and lime (insanely popular for some reason but I find it too strong.)
                Ya, trying to get myself to "enjoy" some of them. Publix Lemon isn't terrible, orange is a little less tasty, but still tolerable.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Yikes! It is manageable, though. A few years ago, my brother was similarly diagnosed. He was having a few vision issues, went to see a friend who was an eye doctor who told him to get to his PCP immediately. They did a blood test, his A1C was 11. Doctor told him he was thisclose to having a stroke. He was on meds, completely changed his diet and he lost 45 pounds in about 4 months. While he still has to keep track of his sugar, he's off his meds and his A1C is now in the low 5 range.
                Totally. While I'm still super early in my journey, everything is pointed in the right direction so far. Ironically, I really had no symptoms, best I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  Have you heard about our carbonated lord and savior La Croix?

Yes, the hipster Millennials have moved in on it, but you'll never drink another soda again. Zero calories, zero sugar, and tastes passable for what it is (seltzer water "infused" with fruit flavor.) Good on a hot day, and a great mixer for adult beverages.

I recommend the grapefruit (pamplemousse,) apricot, and mango. Most of the "Curate" flavors in the thinner Red Bull type cans are good too. Avoid coconut (literally tastes like suntan lotion) and lime (insanely popular for some reason but I find it too strong.)
                  My wife likes the Bubly brand, and it's less expensive than La Croix. It's still $3/8-pack for water.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Definitely glad my annual work physical caught on to it. I believe it, it can do a lot of bad things if untreated.

Ya, trying to get myself to "enjoy" some of them. Publix Lemon isn't terrible, orange is a little less tasty, but still tolerable.

Totally. While I'm still super early in my journey, everything is pointed in the right direction so far. Ironically, I really had no symptoms, best I can tell.
                    Wow. Usually people will say they were up all night peeing but if you work nights and then switch to days that is a normal thing to do anyway. Glad they cought it early. I know truck drivers aren't allowed to drive if on insulin* without all sorts of crazy stipulations and hoops. Does that apply to what you do too? I had merchant marine guys in my practice but they were all mostly healthy. One guy had 4 kids but was gone for months at a time (somewhere out on the west coast/pacific). He swore the time away kept him 'young' and healthier than the stress of being around 4 daughters and the wife

*not assuming you are on it. Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      My wife likes the Bubly brand, and it's less expensive than La Croix. It's still $3/8-pack for water.
                      White Claw or GTFO.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Wow. Usually people will say they were up all night peeing but if you work nights and then switch to days that is a normal thing to do anyway. Glad they cought it early. I know truck drivers aren't allowed to drive if on insulin* without all sorts of crazy stipulations and hoops. Does that apply to what you do too? I had merchant marine guys in my practice but they were all mostly healthy. One guy had 4 kids but was gone for months at a time (somewhere out on the west coast/pacific). He swore the time away kept him 'young' and healthier than the stress of being around 4 daughters and the wife

*not assuming you are on it. Just curious
                        Honestly not sure. The USCG regulates all that stuff, from what I know I believe my A1C just needs to be below 10 to be "fit for duty".

Never have had an issue with frequent urination, regardless of time of day.

Comment

Honestly not sure. The USCG regulates all that stuff, from what I know I believe my A1C just needs to be below 10 to be "fit for duty".

Never have had an issue with frequent urination, regardless of time of day.
                          Huh. Interesting. Most guidelines say around 6 is meh, 7 is change meds and 8 is all hands on deck. 10 is really lax (even if you are looking at old people where they don't want control to be that strict. I wonder what made them pick that #. Learn something new every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Huh. Interesting. Most guidelines say around 6 is meh, 7 is change meds and 8 is all hands on deck. 10 is really lax (even if you are looking at old people where they don't want control to be that strict. I wonder what made them pick that #. Learn something new every day.
                            Yeah. 6.5 would be borderline risk according to my health prov. I just had mine checked recently. Because i was previously borderline. Thankfully down now.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X