Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.38: Truth! Justice! And the American Way!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Loyalty has nothing to do with it. It's all about the money.
    Loyalty to money or loyalty to dumpy has people capitulating to Vlad?

After spending decades and trillions to keep them contained, greed is overriding all of that, you think?

For even the coal workers? Makes no sense

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.38: Truth! Justice! And the American Way!!

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

After spending decades and trillions to keep them contained, greed is overriding all of that, you think?

Vlad is irrelevant. They got the Tax Cuts and the Supreme Court. They'll placate to Donald and his highest approval rating ever among Republicans no matter what he does because if they don't they'll get voted out of office and replaced with someone else. You do realize that Donald has a higher approval among Republicans than W did right after 9/11 right? It's been all over the news. That has put fear into the Republicans. They want to be elected. They want to keep power. They have to keep that base happy. And the base does NOT CARE about Vlad when God, Gays, and Guns is happening more now than ever before.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Meanwhile, ALCOA says that Red Don's tariffs will cost them $100 million this year.

ALCOA is one of the companies the tariffs are supposed to be protecting.
        When he said the tariffs would help American businesses, he actually meant to say wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Loyalty has nothing to do with it. It's all about the money.
          And pizzing off liberals.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

And pizzing off liberals.
            Liberals are too be feared. They move gays into your neighborhood, they'll kill all the babies, and they'll take away your guns. Be afraid, be very afraid.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So I keep hearing that a HUGE percentage of Republicans approve of how Helsinki went.

I very much don't understand that. Is it because they are loyal to dumpy, is it because they trust what he is doing (which I mean that it's NOT loyalty, but actual trust), or is it because they actually believe that capitulating to russia over our own intel is the right path to follow?

None of those are all that nice, IMHO, but the last one bugs me a lot- how can anyone thing that it's a good idea to let vlad do what he wants, especially when approaching parts of the former USSR. We spend trillions of dollars to keep the USSR in place, and now we are letting it reform? What was bad about the USSR wasn't communism, it was that it was a series of brutal dictators that had the intention of spreading their word in a forceful way. And the latter is exactly where we are now.
              Well, when you're getting all your info from Faux News between 7:00-10:00 PM then you have no reason to think anything went wrong in Helsinki.

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
                Well, when you're getting all your info from Faux News between 7:00-10:00 PM then you have no reason to think anything went wrong in Helsinki.
                So Faux can't be reporting that somehow vlad is taking his goons out of Ukraine, or giving Crimea back, and not killing a bunch of people in Syria. All of which goes against stuff Republicans are in line with.

So what was fixed? How can you put a good spin on nothing? Other than saying that he publicly thinks that he believes vald over our intel.

Comment

So Faux can't be reporting that somehow vlad is taking his goons out of Ukraine, or giving Crimea back, and not killing a bunch of people in Syria. All of which goes against stuff Republicans are in line with.

So what was fixed? How can you put a good spin on nothing? Other than saying that he publicly thinks that he believes vald over our intel.
                  Put it this way. His voters don't care and the Dems can't run on it. So, it's pretty much a non-story. Sad, but true.

Comment

They don't report it at all. Instead they report on all the horrible things the Clinton's have done and how it's all being brought back up now with Kavanaugh's nomination. See, everything went so well there isn't even anything to report on. But the D's, what a disaster, led by the Clintons of course.

Comment

They can always go back to the Clinton Email Server or Uranium One. Those springs never run out of water.

Comment

Apparently Trump and Putin discussed a referendum for allowing eastern Ukraine to join Russia. Because nothing beats voting with a gun to your head.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          I haven't seen any evidence of them dumping him. There's a business owner in Kentucky that owns a landscaping business that is probably bankrupt by now and he's full in the tank for turtle boy and Dump.

See there's nothing in God, Gays, and Guns about money. And the Republicans use that to get them to vote for them. Then they take all their money and give it to the 1%. Mission accomplished. And it's been working for 38 years.
                          The sign I'm seeing is in Iowa which has an obviously agriculture dependent economy and where GOP incumbent congresscritters and their Gov are now locked in toss up races. I'd also look to more rural places in Illinois for example as these races start to tighten up between Gooper incumbents and Dem challengers (although in IL Rauer getting creamed in the upcoming Gov race is going to make things even worse). No, I don't expect Kentucky to flip but how the GOP fairs in Iowa, Minny, WI and MI are primarily what matters.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Meanwhile, ALCOA says that Red Don's tariffs will cost them $100 million this year.

ALCOA is one of the companies the tariffs are supposed to be protecting.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Of course it makes no sense...it is ludicrous. The reason they support it is cause a Republican Prez is doing it. If tomorrow Faux accidentally told them it was a Dem doing it they would change their tune.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                The sign I'm seeing is in Iowa which has an obviously agriculture dependent economy and where GOP incumbent congresscritters and their Gov are now locked in toss up races. I'd also look to more rural places in Illinois for example as these races start to tighten up between Gooper incumbents and Dem challengers (although in IL Rauer getting creamed in the upcoming Gov race is going to make things even worse). No, I don't expect Kentucky to flip but how the GOP fairs in Iowa, Minny, WI and MI are primarily what matters.
                                Rauner's saving grace is Madigan, Democrat and the 35 year running speaker of the House (save for two years in the 90's the House went Republican majority), is a complete toolbag that people also dislike (Dems included), but keeps getting voted in.

Rauner's opponent is JB Pritzker, whom you probably forgot that Blagojevich roped Pritzker into his mess when Blago tried to sell Obama's vacated Senate seat.

Rauner isn't a Trumper, but he'll only pay lip service to the Trump things he doesn't like, so he won't pi** off the RNC. Rauner is a mixed bag when it comes to his politics, in that he is pro-choice, proud of his donations to Planned Parenthood, but supports Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination and hasn't been critical of anti-abortion items. He's called out Trump's actions as vile and disgusting, but when asked if he would denounce Trump, he just declines to comment.

Polling wise, JB jumped out to a significant double digit lead early on Rauner (+25ish if I remember) and is now down to a high single digit lead (+8 or +9). Rural will likely go with Rauner, Cook County with Pritzker, suburbs could go either way. (Going blue to red in the surrounding seven counties.)
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X