Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.38: Truth! Justice! And the American Way!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.38: Truth! Justice! And the American Way!!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I still stand by my opinion that Russia simply didn't want Hillary to win. That Trump became the R candidate, that was just a huge bonus for Russia. Russia wanted the US to turn into chaos. Well, with Trump, that turned into chaos on steroids.
    you don't think the Russians were trying to influence the GOP primary so Trump would win? I think his campaign was compromised from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Also peculiar how rich people never end up having to pay off their debts. You and I can't even get out of credit card debt by declaring bankruptcy, but somehow if you owe $300 million to someone, you end up never having to pay it back. If you have the right name. Funny how that works.
      If you take out a loan of $300,000.00, the bank owns you.

If you take out a loan of $300,000,000.00, you own the bank.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        What you're missing to make this theory work is that the Russians clearly have their tentacles and money linked to the entire Republican party, not just Chump. How many GOP operatives, bigwigs, and special interests (think the NRA) have been cashing checks from Russian oligarchs and Putin toadies? Its like 3/4ths of the party.

Where your theory falls down is its pretty obvious Trump's campaign was aware of and sought to harness these connections ahead of time, long before he clinched the nomination. How couldn't he be aware, since most of the people advising his campaign, including his own son, were already chatting up their Russian pals? He didn't happen into a lucky break. From the Russians perspective, since they hand their hand on the lever of the entire GOP apparatus, the expenditures were worthwhile since the Mike Flynns and Carter Pages of the world would probably end up in a lets say Kasich administration even if he himself was an old school anti-Russian Prez. And yes, having Trump end up being President was of course super fortuitous but it seems Putin was playing all the angles. Just so happens his dream scenario came true, but not by accident. Trump and the Russians were already connected long before.
        Also ties in with the whole Middle East situation, Israel, the Saudis, UAE and the Russian influence in the region, all using their influence to dictate American policy and action, mostly through the Republican party. As outlined in the New Yorker last week.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          If you take out a loan of $300,000.00, the bank owns you.

If you take out a loan of $300,000,000.00, you own the bank.
          And just why is that? You can't sue rich people?

Comment

Infowars correct again: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...interview.html

Comment

LOL at Bourdain's "last" interview.
              https://popula.com/2018/07/15/bourdain-confidential/

On choosing between the Dems and Trump:
              Well look, you know, you got two options here. One you’ve got, somebody who is going to be make compromises and concessions, and the other’s Pol Pot!

If you wanna burn down Washington to the ****ing ground, you know, I’m with ya. I’m just waiting for a mob to assemble. I don’t quite see that happening. And who will be leading this charge? Because if Susan Sarandon is anywhere among the joyful revelers, I’ve clearly chosen the wrong pony!
              On the Lewinsky scandal:
              [Popula]Should we have gotten rid of Bill Clinton after the Lewinsky scandal?

No.

[Popula]Really?!

Bill Clinton, look, the bimbo eruptions—it was ****ing monstrous. That would not have flown today. A piece of ****. Entitled, rapey, gropey, grabby, disgusting, and the way that he—and she—destroyed these women and the way that everyone went along, and, and are blind to this! Screamingly apparent hypocrisy and venality. How you can on the one hand howl at the moon about all these other predators. And not at least look back. OK, let’s say, well, it was all consensual: powerful men, starstruck women, okay fine, let’s accept it at its most charitable interpretation. Fine. He is a very charming man, I met him, he’s ****ing magnetic.

[Popula]Wow, yeah. I’ve never seen anything like him.

As is she. When you’re in the room, you think wow, she’s really warm and nice and funny. But the way they efficiently dismantled, destroyed, and shamelessly discredited these women for speaking their truth.

[Popula]Yeah.

… is unforgivable.

[Popula]Unforgivable. Why didn’t we get rid of them? We should’ve gotten rid of them back then.

No… no, look. I think – I don’t think he should’ve been thrown out of office for this.

[Popula]Why not? We want people who are of excellent character to be in that office.

I think you recognize people for what they are, and you determine for yourself, I’m not voting for that mother****er ever again! Or anybody who enabled him, you know? This product, okay, I voted for it, it’s in. Is this grounds for pulling someone out of office? I don’t think so.
              On Trump:
              I think this is most useful because it makes it so much more difficult for Trump to fire Rosenstein or Muller, now that you’ve shown, in a not offensive way: Nobody’s accusing you of anything!

I think Trump’s going down for the money. Collusion is tricky to prove, it’s the money. And once they get too close, in my view he will declare victory, congratulate himself on the fantastic job he’s done and resign, saying the job is too small for him. Just what he did in Atlantic City! I got mine, big success for me, and leave behind a shambles.
              on #MeToo:
              [Popula]You were a hero to so many women, so thank you for that.

No really and truly not at all, I’m just a guy who saw what his girlfriend and her friends uh… you know. I saw a lot.
              On Revolutions:
              You know, I just spent about ten days in West Virginia. I like them. I liked the Trump voters. They say grace every meal. Coal is gone.

I love them. And anybody who cannot understand how important even the promise of a slight increase in the number of coal jobs is, how important that is to their cellular tissue, their self-image, everything. How grotesque it is, for people to bigfoot in and say we’re all going to move you into solar, and why can’t you people… No!

The contempt and the ridicule which has been heaped on places like West Virginia, which is the heart, demographically, of enemy territory, as far as New York liberals like us are concerned. If we cannot… This is something we ****ed up in the Sixties. We were fighting against cops and construction workers… cops and construction workers were exactly who we ****ing needed! They were the first to die, in Vietnam. We weren’t gonna!

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Here's what some of you folks here are just fine with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.8128bd3f7233

When the 8-year-old stepped off a plane here earlier this month with freshly cut bangs and a shelter-issued sweatsuit, she was met by crowds and television cameras and finally, in a carpeted airport conference room, by the mother who had been taken from her two months earlier at the border.
                But now, a day after that joyous reunion, the girl from Guatemala was shoving a toddler who had tried to give her a hug and a kiss at a welcoming party in the suburbs. Now she was screaming and crying and telling the boy to stay away.
                This is what two months in a Texas shelter had taught Sandy Gonzalez.
                “They always kept the boys and the girls separate,” the second-grader explained last week. “And they punished us if we went near each other.”
                “I felt like a prisoner,” said Diogo De Olivera Filho, a 9-year-old from Brazil who spent five weeks at a shelter in Chicago, including three weeks in isolation after getting chickenpox. When he got lonely and left his quarantined room to see other kids, he said the shelter put up a gate to keep him in. “I felt like a dog,” he said.

This is what we, Americans, did to innocent children. Because we wanted to. Because that's what you voted for. The trauma these kids have been through.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  This is what we, Americans, did to innocent children. Because we wanted to. Because that's what you voted for. The trauma these kids have been through.
                  I am not okay with this. Any of this. By treating these people as not-human, we are radicalizing new cultures to hate Americans.

Between this story, and the video clip someone posted last night showing a young boy not wanting to hug his own father; I'm continually disgusted. This isn't MY America.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    I am not okay with this. Any of this. By treating these people as not-human, we are radicalizing new cultures to hate Americans.

Between this story, and the video clip someone posted last night showing a young boy not wanting to hug his own father; I'm continually disgusted. This isn't MY America.
                    May not be YOUR America but it is OUR America. And nothing to be proud of either. Unless your Flaggy, then you're smiling ear to ear.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeah none of us are clean. Trump and his defenders have dragged us all down into the mud. And Trump did the same thing in Europe blaming their issues on immigration.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Remember when Republicans and Right Wingers all used to rip Obama for being "An Apologist". Trump is embracing our enemy and blaming us for why things are so bad.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Remember when Republicans and Right Wingers all used to rip Obama for being "An Apologist". Trump is embracing our enemy and blaming us for why things are so bad.
                          Yep, it's all our fault "until he got into office". After all, he's the only one that can fix it.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Comment

Well negotiating is easier when you give in and agree with the other side before you begin I guess...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah, that whole Cold war thing was just fake news.

Comment

Working...
                                X