Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.38: Truth! Justice! And the American Way!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.38: Truth! Justice! And the American Way!!

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    "don't congratulate"
    I was scrolling down and missed this one originally. Top notch.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I get the impression that most career FBI agents are pretty bright.
      Bright people gravitate toward the private sector to make $$$$. Not government careers. (Unless you get in to graft your way to riches)
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Bright people gravitate toward the private sector to make $$$$. Not government careers. (Unless you get in to graft your way to riches)
        Not all, by a long shot. Some of the best and brightest are not motivated by money.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Not all, by a long shot. Some of the best and brightest are not motivated by money.
          And I could some people using a government job as a stepping stone to the private sector. Get the experience, and all.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            And I could some people using a government job as a stepping stone to the private sector. Get the experience, and all.
            Health benefits and, for us old farts, a guaranteed (I hope) pension. Sure the pay != the private sector, but 26 vacation days, 13 sick days and 10 paid holidays plus the inexpensive life and health insurance offset the difference.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Health benefits and, for us old farts, a guaranteed (I hope) pension. Sure the pay != the private sector, but 26 vacation days, 13 sick days and 10 paid holidays plus the inexpensive life and health insurance offset the difference.
              The lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng hours that I've read about, and high stress levels would not make that an ideal career for a lot of people. Short-term, ok.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Fox News' John Roberts, finally sick of Trump's shtick, speaks up in defense of CNN and NBC.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

He’s so fired.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng hours that I've read about, and high stress levels would not make that an ideal career for a lot of people. Short-term, ok.
                    My dad left the private sector for government specifically because of the lower stress level. They also don't let him work over 40 hours a week.

My guess is that stuff is job specific...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      My dad left the private sector for government specifically because of the lower stress level. They also don't let him work over 40 hours a week.

My guess is that stuff is job specific...
                      That's a good observation. I guess it depends on what job you have.

Comment

And my dad worked a gov job and worked a ton of OT...very job specific

And he retired last week!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          And my dad worked a gov job and worked a ton of OT...very job specific

And he retired last week!!!
                          My dad did also, although not Fed. Just State. Lotta OT.

Comment

My dad did also, although not Fed. Just State. Lotta OT.
                            My dad was fed, technically

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Because they already have (see Kennedy)
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Long hours? High stress?
                                The only time I worked 12+ hours was during fiscal year end close with a new accounting system and we had to correct somebody's accrual error that would put us in a technical violation of the Anti Deficiency Act.

The worst stress I had was in the early 80s when my hard drive crashed and temporarily lost most of the code for the new info system I was working on. Took a week and Norton to get it 95% back.

Otherwise it was get your job done in 8 hrs and maintain an even strain. As a supervisor it was always remain calm even when I wanted to throttle one of my subordinates for making the same mistake for the nth consecutive time.

Her response to the correction/teaching moment after each time she screwed up? "Gotcha."
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X