Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.38: Truth! Justice! And the American Way!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.38: Truth! Justice! And the American Way!!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    While Harwood's overall point stands, his data isn't exactly correct. The St. Louis Fed shows different numbers as you move along the chart.

Also, Trump is touting preliminary numbers, which almost always get adjusted downward.
    That's not the problem. The problem is he used the word amazing. There is nothing amazing about it.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A judge earlier this week has allowed the emoluments case against Trump to proceed forward. Apologies if this was already talked about in this thread, but I hadn't seen it mentioned (not saying I didn't miss it).

The interesting ramifications to this could be that if Trump is found to be in violation of the Emoluments clause, he would be forced to divest his portion of his own company, or potentially walk away from the Presidency.

What I also find interesting is that Trump could potentially appeal this all the way to the supreme court, which he just stacked in his favor.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        A judge earlier this week has allowed the emoluments case against Trump to proceed forward. Apologies if this was already talked about in this thread, but I hadn't seen it mentioned (not saying I didn't miss it).

The interesting ramifications to this could be that if Trump is found to be in violation of the Emoluments clause, he would be forced to divest his portion of his own company, or potentially walk away from the Presidency.

What I also find interesting is that Trump could potentially appeal this all the way to the supreme court, which he just stacked in his favor.
        By the time this works its way through the court system hopefully Chump's presidency would have come to a merciful end at the hands of the voters. Having said that if something is written in the constitution even a stacked SCOTUS might be hesitant to endorse breaking the law. For example, a similarly stacked SCOTUS ruled that George W Bush did not have the power to detain American citizens indefinitely without trail by claiming we were at war. Only certified loon Scalia I believe went along with that position meaning even Roberts and Thomas thought it was nuts. Not sure if Alito was on the court by then.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          By the time this works its way through the court system hopefully Chump's presidency would have come to a merciful end at the hands of the voters. Having said that if something is written in the constitution even a stacked SCOTUS might be hesitant to endorse breaking the law. For example, a similarly stacked SCOTUS ruled that George W Bush did not have the power to detain American citizens indefinitely without trail by claiming we were at war. Only certified loon Scalia I believe went along with that position meaning even Roberts and Thomas thought it was nuts. Not sure if Alito was on the court by then.
          It seems pretty obvious to me at this point that any law while a Republican President is in the White House is irrelevant as long as the Republicans control one House of Congress. So, the next politician clown that tries the "we're a nation of laws" bit on me is going to get a dismissive chuckle.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I don't think those are the choices. It would basically be up to Congress to impeach and convict him. Do you really see that happening?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Your hand has been forced. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlvaYFTiDZ8

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I don't think those are the choices. It would basically be up to Congress to impeach and convict him. Do you really see that happening?
                Yes. And that's a false choice. It used to be that the President was not above the law. Now he is.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I'm not 100% sold on the "the President can't be charged while in office" schtick. It would have to be a serious crime, and not a traffic violation but treason is a good example or bribery. I don't think we can expect to wait up to 4 years for someone to face justice for either of those examples just because politicians are too wimpy to do the right thing.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Today's below-the-radar scandal from Trump's cabinet of deplorables:

Last year, DeVos picked the dean of a for-profit school to head DOE's anti-fraud unit.
                    #thebestpeople #foxinthehenhouse
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Flaggy found a new job: https://***********/BJ_Schwartz/stat...91898140516352

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Ewwwwwww. Apparently, new Don Jr. effpig got fired from Fox news for showing dick pics of him to her coworkers.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                        X