Spartan Hockey Offseason, or How to Kill T-minus 4 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    Hearing fundraising is going well on the Munn addition. Anastos had raised about a half million and Cole 7 1/2 in a little over a year. Expect the project to be green lighted soon with construction starting as early as next year.
    Cole has raised 7.5 million?

Comment

Re: Spartan Hockey Offseason, or How to Kill T-minus 4 months

Saliba named captain. From the picture on twitter it looks like we got rid of the green shoulders and sleeves on the script jerseys. Bad move.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
        That's telling. As if we needed to be told

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Saliba named captain. From the picture on twitter it looks like we got rid of the green shoulders and sleeves on the script jerseys. Bad move.
        Good move, sad move!

Comment

Dang, I didn’t notice that. I am prepared to be disappointed but i’ll wait until I see the whole thing in person before I get worked up.

Comment

Yup...here’s the announcement that the project is moving forward.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2018/08/31/michigan-states-munn-ice-arena-may-get-renovations-after-all/1157105002/

Comment

The first of apparently multiple uniform changes.

They kept the bottom stripe on the scripts, so not as bad as it could've been, but they still messed with perfection.

https://twitter.com/msu_hockey/statu...273748993?s=21
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The first of apparently multiple uniform changes.

They kept the bottom stripe on the scripts, so not as bad as it could've been, but they still messed with perfection.

https://twitter.com/msu_hockey/statu...273748993?s=21
                Not sure I see the point but i’ll have to see it in person. Could be weak but could also be very crisp and sharp.

Comment

Well it’s been 2 games and at no point has the football team been fun to watch so i’m shifting my excitement to hockey season. Anything is possible before the games are played.

Comment

Roster released

https://msuspartans.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

Came here to post this link.

Looks like everyone showed up and no one left unexpectedly.

Comment

Came here to post this link.

Looks like everyone showed up and no one left unexpectedly.
                        Yes, I was surprised we didn’t have a d-man drop. With 9 a couple are unlikely to see ice time outside of practice.

As long as the Freshmen can play like Sophomores by Christmas we should escape the cellar this year and be contending for chamoionships in a few years.

Comment

Yes, I was surprised we didn’t have a d-man drop. With 9 a couple are unlikely to see ice time outside of practice.
                          Agreed, it would appear that Scarsella and Chrcek are on the outside looking in. Surprised someone wasn't encouraged to transfer.

Did anyone notice that Hirose's younger ('99) dman brother just committed to Minnesota State?

Comment

B1G coaches and USCHO preseason polls are out. Here’s a fun game: MSU is 7th in one poll and does not appear in the other. Guess which is which?

I am very excited for the season. I have decided I am not willing to wait any longer for the exhibition with Windsor and have sent emails to both programs.
                            Last edited by Pirateasaur; 09-24-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

B1G coaches and USCHO preseason polls are out. Here’s a fun game: MSU is 7th in one poll and does not appear in the other. Guess which is which?

I am very excited for the season. I have decided I am not willing to wait any longer for the exhibition with Windsor and have sent emails to both programs.
                              Ditto.

I think MSU has a shot to finish better than 7th place.. but will be tough. A lot of good teams in the Big Ten.

Comment

The polls are as expected. MSU will be a better team this year in a league that is also improving. How much better will depend on can they put together a second potent scoring line? Can a couple of the freshmen contribute at a high level like Lewandowski last year? Will a few returning players have breakout seasons? Can a deeper defense cut down on goals allowed? How good will the powerplay be? By Christmas we should have answers to these questions, a good idea of how lthe rebuilding is progressing, and how accurate these early predictions were.

Comment

Working...
                                X