Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
    Quote from a previous posting "And as for Tom, running away from a problem never solved anything".

Absolutely no clue how anyone can read Tom's I'm Leaving post and rationally conclude the HE is running away from anything.

HE has simply decided that he will no longer volunteer his time and efforts to an administration and management HE no longer believes is deserving or worthy of it. HE is hardly alone in that belief.

He clearly and concisely listed multiple behaviors, attitudes and tactics of the institute's administration and management that lead HIM, as HE stated bluntly in HIS post, to feel "embarrassed and ashamed" of the very institution HE graduated from.

Obviously, He reached the determination that HE and HIS name was engaged (all be it on an UNPAID VOLUNTARY BASIS) with an endeavor without merit. Once someone determines that, one withdraws. PERIOD!!! THE END!!!

Any expectation level by anyone who somehow, someway believes that HE should continue volunteering HIS time and efforts to this organization and terms HIS not doing so "running away" would ALL find their rationality, lucidity and ability to read and comprehend questioned by ME.

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!! HE HAS DONE MORE THAN ENOUGH AND DID IT FOR EIGHT YEARS!!! Besides, HE now has far better things to do with HIS discretionary time. Namely, a family that now includes a toddler.
    I agree with tony/troy and Ralph. Tom has more than earned it. Tom, thanks for WaP and werpi hockey. We will be RPI Proud again.

Comment

Also on a non-hockey topic... Congratulations to RPI's Grant O'Connor for winning the NCAA Div. III track and field 5,000 meter outdoor NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP a couple of weeks ago. An amazing individual achievement. His winning time of 14:26 is a few seconds better than my son's personal best who runs the same event at the Div. I level. Fantastic!!

Comment

So apparently the RPI Alumni Email for Life website has been shutdown. I get an error message saying invalid certificate. Now, I don't know much about this, but my IT friend says it's not very hard to renew, but RPI has to do it. A little notice would have been nice.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          So apparently the RPI Alumni Email for Life website has been shutdown. I get an error message saying invalid certificate. Now, I don't know much about this, but my IT friend says it's not very hard to renew, but RPI has to do it. A little notice would have been nice.
          I was wondering why I wasn't getting any more of those...

Comment

Must've not have liked what I emailed to Ralph.

Comment

Thanks. I thought it was my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                What happens to mail that people send to that address? I used that address for a lot of things, but I don't really know what.

Edit: I tried emailing to that address, and it still forwards mail.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-05-2018, 09:24 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  What happens to mail that people send to that address? I used that address for a lot of things, but I don't really know what.

Edit: I tried emailing to that address, and it still forwards mail.
                  The mail still works, but the secure certificate for the site expired. It's something that RPI has to take care on their end, as it involves payment of their vendor. I can't imagine that that is the administrtion's way of saving money. Hell, Ray Tomlinson, who INVENTED email, is a member of the RPI Hall of Fame, so even though Ray is no longer with us, it shouldn't be that hard.

Comment

Today is 6 July 2018. There are 93 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I can't use RPI email on windows but my iphone is working.

Comment

Today is 7 July 2018. There are 92 days (3 months) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Prayers still go out to Nolan.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 8 July 2018. There are 91 days (13 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 9 July 2018. There are 90 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X