Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I was thinking about this video which focused on the NCAA losses to NDak in 1984 but only showed RPI scoring. I now won't be able to complain about the video of RPI's upset of UNH in the 1974 ECAC playoffs which only showed a short stretch where UNH scored three goals, not mentioning that RPI won in OT. (I think that FlagDUDE08 commented on that video to that effect.)

Edit: Yes, FlagDUDE08 did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEHAUJsKDE.
    That brought back good memories. Thanks for finding and posting.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Football takes the trophy 25-14. Not a good kicking game at all going 1/3 with a fake, and we started playing awful about the time I tuned in. It's still a win, and onto Utica.
      I also tuned in late and we were up an odd number 19-0 after scoring 3 TDs so I had figured the kicking game was problematic today. We did not seem all that sharp and were outgained for the second game but we are a very nice 2-0 for the start of the season. The season starts to get more difficult next week and of course the Liberty League season is so short with the league having only 6 members that i imagine we cannot afford any league losses if we want to play in the post season. Most likely will hang onto our #24 ranking in the D3 hockey rankings at least for the time being.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

In honor of Kyle Hallbauer and Aly Tremblay, today is 9 September 2018. There are 28 days (4 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-09-2018, 08:42 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          I also tuned in late and we were up an odd number 19-0 after scoring 3 TDs so I had figured the kicking game was problematic today. We did not seem all that sharp and were outgained for the second game but we are a very nice 2-0 for the start of the season. The season starts to get more difficult next week and of course the Liberty League season is so short with the league having only 6 members that i imagine we cannot afford any league losses if we want to play in the post season. Most likely will hang onto our #24 ranking in the D3 hockey rankings at least for the time being.
          I hear that Andrew Franks is out of work.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I hear that Andrew Franks is out of work.
            He certainly gave us a leg up on opponents in most of our games. Hard to measure how much a kicking game adds since too many simply focus on scoring field goals. Kickoffs and punting can often make the difference in close games.

Comment

He certainly gave us a leg up on opponents in most of our games. Hard to measure how much a kicking game adds since too many simply focus on scoring field goals. Kickoffs and punting can often make the difference in close games.
              The advantage we had with Franks was especially important when you have a 4th down in opposition territory but not in the red zone, as you could easily try to settle for the 3 instead of risking the offense in a turnover, which is what generally has to be done in the D-III game since it's too close to punt. Also remember that this year, there is the added dynamic of the fair catch on the kickoff which gives an effective touchback (ball comes to the 25, and FWIW there's no fair-catch-kick in college).

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Most likely will hang onto our #24 ranking in the D3 hockey rankings at least for the time being.
                I didn’t know the hockey team went to D3.
                Of course, a couple more years like last season and you never know...

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                  I didn’t know the hockey team went to D3.
                  Of course, a couple more years like last season and you never know...
                  Typing without thinking. Actually after looking at the results of those above us, we actually could deserve to be 23rd. I just hope this is not going to be another year in which the football team wins more games than the hockey team.

Comment

In honor of Shane Bear and Lilli Friis-Hansen, today is 10 September 2018. There are 27 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I just hope this is not going to be another year in which the football team wins more games than the hockey team.
                      Are you saying that I should root against the RPI football team?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As much as I'm sure some of you are tickled pink that the football team can actually win a game...

Nothing wrong with any RPI squad seeing success. We know which one we'd prefer, mind you.

Comment

Unrelated, but Doc, watch out for the storm surge.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

That might work. When you and I were in Troy, the football team was usually buried each weekend. Looking back over the past 20-25 years, we have actually become a legitimate Division III team and although we are not ever going to be confused with Mount Union, can not be taken lightly but the other teams in our league or on our schedule. Although I have not given up hope for much more than that for our hockey team, I would be very satisfied if we were able just to become a team that no one can ever take lightly and a team that can compete, if not nationally, at least in our own league. Sure would be nice to make the final four every so often even if it is only in the ECAC.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Unrelated, but Doc, watch out for the storm surge.
                              This one looks to be going south of us but you never really know. over the years I have lost two homes to hurricanes. 1992 Andrew devastated us in Kendall Lakes outside of Miami. And then Charley hit us in Port Charlotte in 2004. Here in NJ only Sandy has hit us hard and certainly was no hurricane. But because of the population density here, the effects were close to catastrophic. We were without power for 2 weeks and of course any sort of cable or internet for longer. But I am married to pioneer girl who is like a survivalist. Cooking in the fireplace and finding ways to accomplish everything even with out the luxury of electricity.
                              i do not look for much in the way of damage but flooding always scares me here in land that is at sea level or even slightly below. The power of water may well be the second most powerful force on earth (i suspect that the first most powerful is that of compound interest!).

Comment

Typing without thinking. Actually after looking at the results of those above us, we actually could deserve to be 23rd. I just hope this is not going to be another year in which the football team wins more games than the hockey team.
                                i was a bit off, we are now ranked #21 and fairly close to a couple teams just above us. As Flaggy has already posted, just nice to see the school getting some good notices regardless of the sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X