RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

In honor of Chase Perry and Lovisa Selander, today is 2 September 2018. There are 35 days (5 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-02-2018, 01:12 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Today is 2 September 2018. There are 35 days (5 weeks) until RPI's next game.

Didst thou forget someone? Especially someone we were just recently talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Didst thou forget someone? Especially someone we were just recently talking about?
        Thanks. BTW, I am not including the women. I don't think I included them last year either.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks. BTW, I am not including the women. I don't think I included them last year either.
          Misogynist.

Actually, you didn't include any of the players at all last year. Maybe that's why we were so ****poor.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Misogynist.

Actually, you didn't include any of the players at all last year. Maybe that's why we were so ****poor.
            I did include both the men and women. E.g. http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6526410.

I'll add the women, but use the men's date for the first game as before.
            I could also use "honour" for Canadians, but I won't.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-02-2018, 01:14 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I did include both the men and women. E.g. http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6526410.

I'll add the women, but use the men's date for the first game as before.
              I could also use "honour" for Canadians, but I won't.
              I see what it is; you did a second countdown after the exhibition game, where there weren't any names. See the last page on the same thread.
              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 09-02-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                RPI 40 Allegheny College 19 as it looks like we get off to our usual good start on the gridiron. Not as one sided as the final score and we gave up a ton of passing yardage but winning by 21 points is still winning big.
                I was at the game Saturday. Since I graduated, RPI's won seven of eight football games in Pennsylvania, and I've been there for all seven. The only one they lost was the one I didn't make it to. Meadville isn't exactly in my neck of the woods, but I didn't want to jinx the team by not showing up for this one.

Much of Allegheny's passing yardage came on passes to a 5' 8" waterbug of a receiver named Alex Victor, who was fast and shifty and tough to bring down when he got the ball in the open field. He scored both of their touchdowns on little hitch passes where he just danced around everyone who tried to tackle him. He came close to scoring three other times, once being tripped up at the 15 yard line on a last-ditch dive by a defender, and two other times having passes go just off his fingertips after he'd gotten behind the defense. It was a good thing he was 5' 8" instead of being a six-footer.

The big play of the game was D.J. Stefonski's 89-yard interception return for a touchdown. Allegheny was trailing only 16-10 and had the ball deep in RPI territory, looking at the prospect of taking a 17-16 lead. Instead, they found themselves behind, 23-10, and they never got closer than 10 points after that.

One humorous note at the game - after throwing an incomplete pass, RPI's quarterback said something the referee didn't appreciate, and the ref threw a flag, took out his microphone and announced "15-yard penalty on RPI number 11 for unsportsmanlike conduct." An RPI player on the sideline called out loudly in an injured tone, "Aw, you're kidding! He's the nicest guy I know!"

Comment

Today is 3 September 2018. There are 34 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    I was at the game Saturday. Since I graduated, RPI's won seven of eight football games in Pennsylvania, and I've been there for all seven. The only one they lost was the one I didn't make it to. Meadville isn't exactly in my neck of the woods, but I didn't want to jinx the team by not showing up for this one.

Much of Allegheny's passing yardage came on passes to a 5' 8" waterbug of a receiver named Alex Victor, who was fast and shifty and tough to bring down when he got the ball in the open field. He scored both of their touchdowns on little hitch passes where he just danced around everyone who tried to tackle him. He came close to scoring three other times, once being tripped up at the 15 yard line on a last-ditch dive by a defender, and two other times having passes go just off his fingertips after he'd gotten behind the defense. It was a good thing he was 5' 8" instead of being a six-footer.

The big play of the game was D.J. Stefonski's 89-yard interception return for a touchdown. Allegheny was trailing only 16-10 and had the ball deep in RPI territory, looking at the prospect of taking a 17-16 lead. Instead, they found themselves behind, 23-10, and they never got closer than 10 points after that.

One humorous note at the game - after throwing an incomplete pass, RPI's quarterback said something the referee didn't appreciate, and the ref threw a flag, took out his microphone and announced "15-yard penalty on RPI number 11 for unsportsmanlike conduct." An RPI player on the sideline called out loudly in an injured tone, "Aw, you're kidding! He's the nicest guy I know!"
                    Yinz need not be a nebbi neahbor...

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

I watched as i almost always do and listened to the WRPI call of the game. Extremely good summary from you as usual. hard to know how good or not we are as the opponent has not been a powerhouse in the past few years to say the least. We will find out soon though as for us to have sort of successful season (although beating Union and Hobart makes it a success for me) we have to win the Liberty League. D3 Football has us moved up in the rankings from 25 to 24. Any move even if only a few points is huge as those rankings normally stay the same all season long and no normal person could ever think we could crack the top part of the list which hasn't changed in all the years I have followed it.
                      Just nice to see RPI win something, anything, whether it be football soccer, diving, track, etc. Can only hope it is like a contagious disease though and we see the other programs start to do well. Hockey? I have absolutely no clue and will simploy keep my fingers crossed.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

[QUOTE=Ralph Baer;6693955]I guess that this is the time of year to be optimistic, but it is difficult to be that.

I understand the pessimism but here `s a positive thought.I think our goaltending is much better than the numbers show. Despite ordinary stats i felt Marshall played very well most nights. He was a young freshmen and now has a years experience under his belt. I realize he got shelled on a few occasions but I put some of that on the coach refusing to use perry in games when Marshall was off his game. Perhaps Perry will redeem himself or savory will be the backup the coach has some faith in if and when Marshall is off his
                        game.

Comment

In honor of Kira Bombay, today is 4 September 2018. There are 33 days until RPI's next game.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-04-2018, 12:23 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                            I understand the pessimism but here `s a positive thought.I think our goaltending is much better than the numbers show. Despite ordinary stats i felt Marshall played very well most nights. He was a young freshmen and now has a years experience under his belt. I realize he got shelled on a few occasions but I put some of that on the coach refusing to use perry in games when Marshall was off his game. Perhaps Perry will redeem himself or savory will be the backup the coach has some faith in if and when Marshall is off his
                            game.
                            Goaltending has hardly ever been in question for a while now. Unless he can get some support in front of him, which I think the coach realizes by keeping him out there because otherwise he'd think it's all his fault (phrase intended), we're going to have another rough season.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The 'Tute will try anything to raise money.

https://giving.rpi.edu/harley-davids...n/?csid=788128
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X