• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

great cause..Hope no one picks up lyme disease

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Completely disagree. Of course she can't skate and put the puck in the net. But financial support aside, by all reasonable measures she is at best indifferent to the program. She struggles to attend one game a season, with the luxury box staring out empty and dark, an insult to the faithful most evenings.

Contrast this approach with Clarkson's President who paid for the CCT band's travel to Ireland so they could be a part of the Friendship 4 trip last year (This as told by a CCT band member)

I'm fine with giving Smitty time -- he's on the clock now given the roster purge ... my rub as I stated, is the admin, the off ice and continuing fan relations ineptitude.

Fully agree, though she does not have a DIRECT effect, the attitude she shows of indifference does matter, especially when a program is struggling. I must also add the AD is not doing anyone any favors with how he has been handling things as well.

By the way that so-called luxury box is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        Fully agree, though she does not have a DIRECT effect, the attitude she shows of indifference does matter, especially when a program is struggling. I must also add the AD is not doing anyone any favors with how he has been handling things as well.

I do not understand why we hired an AD who had retired.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I guess that this is RPI-related.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I guess that this is RPI-related.

Definitely not a schott in the dark.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Today is 18 August 2018. There are 50 days until RPI's next game and still no roster.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post

I think the answer to the SAJ is to revoke her HFH clearance. .

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                  Well, her handling of the 'tute was probably changed from "grossly negligent" to "extremely careless"...

I will admit though, that was a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                    Perhaps they should make her walk on the catwalk to where WRPI used to broadcast. Even at her height (or my height) she wouldn't have clearance. I also wonder if the catwalk could support her weight.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

With all the talk about no roster being posted, I wondered if perhaps they're waiting for classes to start before they announce a roster.

Just took a look at RPI's academic calendar. The first day of classes is August 30, which is a Thursday.

Is this the first time RPI ever started classes on anything other than a Monday, or have they been starting on a Thursday for years without my noticing?

Gee, today's students have it tough. After classes start on August 30, the students will endure a second day of classes on August 31, then break for a three-day weekend. No classes are scheduled for Labor Day.

Comment

Today is 19 August 2018. There are 49 days (7 weeks) until RPI's next game and still no roster.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          With all the talk about no roster being posted, I wondered if perhaps they're waiting for classes to start before they announce a roster.

Just took a look at RPI's academic calendar. The first day of classes is August 30, which is a Thursday.

Is this the first time RPI ever started classes on anything other than a Monday, or have they been starting on a Thursday for years without my noticing?

Gee, today's students have it tough. After classes start on August 30, the students will endure a second day of classes on August 31, then break for a three-day weekend. No classes are scheduled for Labor Day.
                          When I was there, spring semester always started on a Tuesday. (owing to MLK Jr. Day, of course)

One of the things they do, though, is to ensure that an equal number of specific weekdays occur in a semester. This is why one of the Tuesdays has a "follow Monday schedule", because they can't easily give people a Tuesday off. What they end up doing, by virtue of this, is putting the reading days on a Thursday and Friday and then having a full finals week, rather than what they previously did in a fall semester when I was there, which was to have a weekend in the middle of finals week. This is shown by reading days start on the 13th, and then finals are the 17th-21st. There are 14 class days for each weekday in this upcoming semester.

For those wondering for optics, MLK Day was usually the Monday off, President's Day was the Tuesday (follow Monday schedule), spring break always a full week, Wednesday was GM Day, and then reading days for the Thursday and Friday. For Spring 2019, they're actually short a Wednesday, given they're also starting that on a Thursday, but the RF following the MT schedules that week, same three holidays with "follow schedule", and then finishing the classes on a Friday. It works out so there's only 13 Wednesdays, and 14 of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            When I was there, spring semester always started on a Tuesday. (owing to MLK Jr. Day, of course)

One of the things they do, though, is to ensure that an equal number of specific weekdays occur in a semester. This is why one of the Tuesdays has a "follow Monday schedule", because they can't easily give people a Tuesday off. What they end up doing, by virtue of this, is putting the reading days on a Thursday and Friday and then having a full finals week, rather than what they previously did in a fall semester when I was there, which was to have a weekend in the middle of finals week. This is shown by reading days start on the 13th, and then finals are the 17th-21st. There are 14 class days for each weekday in this upcoming semester.

For those wondering for optics, MLK Day was usually the Monday off, President's Day was the Tuesday (follow Monday schedule), spring break always a full week, Wednesday was GM Day, and then reading days for the Thursday and Friday. For Spring 2019, they're actually short a Wednesday, given they're also starting that on a Thursday, but the RF following the MT schedules that week, same three holidays with "follow schedule", and then finishing the classes on a Friday. It works out so there's only 13 Wednesdays, and 14 of the others.
                            When I was at RPI, there were 15 weeks of classes each semester. (We were slower learners. ) I don't recall them ever having a Tuesday being used as a Monday or other such change. We got off Wednesday-Friday for Thanksgiving. My gut feeling is that school started the Wednesday after Labor Day to even things out, but I wouldn't swear to it. In order to get the 15 weeks in during the fall semester there were a couple of weeks of classes after we returned from the Holiday break. No one liked that at all. MLK day was not yet a Holiday.

I don't think that there were any problems in the Spring semester. It started on a Monday and ended on a Friday with a full week off around Easter.

A year or two before I left grad school in 1974, they introduced a three week or one month mini-semester where they gave short courses. Students were required to take a mini-course in, I think, two of their four years, but they abandoned this before anyone completed their four years under that system.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              When I was at RPI, there were 15 weeks of classes each semester. (We were slower learners. ) I don't recall them ever having a Tuesday being used as a Monday or other such change. We got off Wednesday-Friday for Thanksgiving. My gut feeling is that school started the Wednesday after Labor Day to even things out, but I wouldn't swear to it. In order to get the 15 weeks in during the fall semester there were a couple of weeks of classes after we returned from the Holiday break. No one liked that at all. MLK day was not yet a Holiday.

I don't think that there were any problems in the Spring semester. It started on a Monday and ended on a Friday with a full week off around Easter.

A year or two before I left grad school in 1974, they introduced a three week or one month mini-semester where they gave short courses. Students were required to take a mini-course in, I think, two of their four years, but they abandoned this before anyone completed their four years under that system.
                              Well, summer is broken into three mini-semesters, so perhaps the scheme wasn't entirely abandoned.

One thing I do wonder, though, with the hostile takeover of the Student Union, are they going to use that to justify not having a GM Day, and that be the 14th Wednesday?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Well, summer is broken into three mini-semesters, so perhaps the scheme wasn't entirely abandoned.

One thing I do wonder, though, with the hostile takeover of the Student Union, are they going to use that to justify not having a GM Day, and that be the 14th Wednesday?
                                I should have stated that the mini-semester which I referred to was after the winter Holidays.

Also, we didn't get off for GM day. OTOH there was free beer every evening that week either in the parking lot between the HFH and the BARH or in the HFH, depending upon the weather (lousy beer). That was more-or-less stopped when the NY drinking age was raised from 18 to 21. Oh, and there also were strippers there hired by the political parties. That was stopped when RPI started to have a significant number of female students. And don't think that you missed much -- most of the strippers weren't good looking and they only stripped to bikinis.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X