RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Remember the days when, with this much time left, there was a lot of hype? My, how times have fallen...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Remember the days when, with this much time left, there was a lot of hype? My, how times have fallen...
      Had been thinking the almost identical thing. For 50+ years I counted down the days much like Ralph does for us all. For the past few years if not for these threads i do not think I could tell you when the first game was or who we were playing. As always i reserve judgement for the season and truly hope for a pleasant surprise. And yes, barring something unforeseen, even with my eye still patched, we will try to be at our usual seats in Princeton in November.
      Far worse though is what has happened to my attitude towards the administration of the school. That deteriorated quite some time ago but i kept thinking that this venerable institution would do something to stop it and reverse the trend. Our support for the students who play sports for the school has not wavered, but all our financial donations to the institution ceased some time ago. It sure has made it a little easier for us to think about a couple new Audi automobiles for the coming year!
      I give immense credit to those who post here who continue their support. I only hope the ship can be righted again and soon.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Had been thinking the almost identical thing. For 50+ years I counted down the days much like Ralph does for us all. For the past few years if not for these threads i do not think I could tell you when the first game was or who we were playing. As always i reserve judgement for the season and truly hope for a pleasant surprise. And yes, barring something unforeseen, even with my eye still patched, we will try to be at our usual seats in Princeton in November.
        Far worse though is what has happened to my attitude towards the administration of the school. That deteriorated quite some time ago but i kept thinking that this venerable institution would do something to stop it and reverse the trend. Our support for the students who play sports for the school has not wavered, but all our financial donations to the institution ceased some time ago. It sure has made it a little easier for us to think about a couple new Audi automobiles for the coming year!
        I give immense credit to those who post here who continue their support. I only hope the ship can be righted again and soon.
        Unfortunately it seems to be quite the trend across most American universities. I still remember a documentary by Evan Maloney, "Brainwashing 101", and not to get TOO political, but when I see the same things happening at my alma mater, I recognize it's just a piece of a larger puzzle. If we're ever going to return RPI to the prominence we both seek, it's going to take a drastic miracle.

FlagDUDETTE and I finally figured out which road trip we're doing, along with the usual Colgate/Cornell. I'm just hoping we have a better showing this year, even though we saw a fair number of wins and a draw.

Comment

I might as well ask again about suggestions for a thread title for this season's first thread. Frjoe suggested a 6 flags title which I liked, but we have used it before.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I agree, if I wasn't typing the count down, I would hardly be paying attention to the time left.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I might as well ask again about suggestions for a thread title for this season's first thread. Frjoe suggested a 6 flags title which I liked, but we have used it before.
              Not sure about a title, but hopefully we can smith some victories.

Comment

Doc, you have been around long enough to know that everything in life is cyclical. RPI will get back to the institution you would like it to be. Unfortunately, there is no time table for change.
                I will continue to support RPI, as they have been very good to both my children, even under this administration, so I have first hand knowledge that they stand behind the entire student body.
                Even if you think that Shirley only thinks of herself.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  1. I tell you it's all a %#! conspiracy.

2. Who are these guys?

3. 28 guys walk into a rink...

4. Shirley you can't be serious

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

2. Who are these guys?

Not bad.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        Doc, you have been around long enough to know that everything in life is cyclical. RPI will get back to the institution you would like it to be. Unfortunately, there is no time table for change.
                        I will continue to support RPI, as they have been very good to both my children, even under this administration, so I have first hand knowledge that they stand behind the entire student body.
                        Even if you think that Shirley only thinks of herself.
                        I have that sentiment also. But at our advancing age, not sure I have the time to wait for the cycle to finish. This has just gone on too long. It's really hit me that I cannot remember the last time Jen and I drove to see RPI play in the final four of our own league of 12 teams. It would not bother me as much if we did not keep bringing in such great kids. Every one of them deserves a better result some time during their 4 year course of study.

"Even if you think that Shirley only thinks of herself" - Does anyone think otherwise?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

2. Who are these guys?

I really like #4 (and don’t call me Shirley)... 😀

Comment

In honor of Chase Zieky and Aimee Raithby, today is 25 September 2018. There are 12 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                              I vote for #4 also.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                                Me too.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X