Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 535

Thread: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

  1. #1
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    193,167

    RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP


  2. #2
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    13,823

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Norsemen, thanks for the statistics.
    If I read that correctly, I saw 415 rapes.
    Is that enough for you Dude?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Norsemen, thanks for the statistics.
    If I read that correctly, I saw 415 rapes.
    Is that enough for you Dude?
    I believe the correct number is 4+1+5=10 over 3 years. That’s depressingly high enough when you consider the damage to the victims. If it was 415 they should just shut down the entire operation.

    The Security stats page says, “The statistics include fraternity and sorority complaints and crimes that happened off campus, while the victim was in transit between the main campus and a Rensselaer residential area.” However, it doesn’t say in which category they are recorded.
    Last edited by rpi82; 06-30-2018 at 08:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    I believe the correct number is 4+1+5=10 over 3 years. That’s depressingly high enough when you consider the damage to the victims. If it was 415 they should just shut down the entire operation.

    The Security stats page says, “The statistics include fraternity and sorority complaints and crimes that happened off campus, while the victim was in transit between the main campus and a Rensselaer residential area.” However, it doesn’t say in which category they are recorded.
    You are correct ... the numbers didn't paste in year order properly. Its not 415 Incidents but 4, 1, 5 for a total of 10

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,143

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,143

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Looks like he’s having a good camp Goal & assist in games yesterday & today....
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,679

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    I've enjoyed reading WithoutaPeer's insights into college hockey in general and RPI hockey in particular for a long time.

    The title of this thread seems to imply that the WithoutaPeer website is now defunct.

    From what I read in Tom Reale's announcement, he has stepped down as radio announcer for the RPI hockey games.

    I did not read that he was stepping down as a contributor to the WithoutaPeer website, though it wouldn't be surprising, given his disenchantment with the state of affairs, that he could choose to do that as well.

    Even so, the WithoutaPeer website lists him as only one of four "hosts" of the site, so it isn't at all clear to me that his departure would necessarily mean that WithoutaPeer must immediately cease operations.

    Can someone clarify? Will WithoutaPeer continue, or is it finished?

  8. #8
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    193,167

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Looks like he’s having a good camp Goal & assist in games yesterday & today....
    I wonder who is the third skater on his line. He hasn't been mentioned on any of the tweets which you posted,

  9. #9
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    193,167

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    I've enjoyed reading WithoutaPeer's insights into college hockey in general and RPI hockey in particular for a long time.

    The title of this thread seems to imply that the WithoutaPeer website is now defunct.

    From what I read in Tom Reale's announcement, he has stepped down as radio announcer for the RPI hockey games.

    I did not read that he was stepping down as a contributor to the WithoutaPeer website, though it wouldn't be surprising, given his disenchantment with the state of affairs, that he could choose to do that as well.

    Even so, the WithoutaPeer website lists him as only one of four "hosts" of the site, so it isn't at all clear to me that his departure would necessarily mean that WithoutaPeer must immediately cease operations.

    Can someone clarify? Will WithoutaPeer continue, or is it finished?
    He may have left that open, but he has been posting very little there the last couple of years anyway.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-01-2018 at 02:45 AM.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    72

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote from a previous posting "And as for Tom, running away from a problem never solved anything".

    Absolutely no clue how anyone can read Tom's I'm Leaving post and rationally conclude the HE is running away from anything.

    HE has simply decided that he will no longer volunteer his time and efforts to an administration and management HE no longer believes is deserving or worthy of it. HE is hardly alone in that belief.

    He clearly and concisely listed multiple behaviors, attitudes and tactics of the institute's administration and management that lead HIM, as HE stated bluntly in HIS post, to feel "embarrassed and ashamed" of the very institution HE graduated from.

    Obviously, He reached the determination that HE and HIS name was engaged (all be it on an UNPAID VOLUNTARY BASIS) with an endeavor without merit. Once someone determines that, one withdraws. PERIOD!!! THE END!!!

    Any expectation level by anyone who somehow, someway believes that HE should continue volunteering HIS time and efforts to this organization and terms HIS not doing so "running away" would ALL find their rationality, lucidity and ability to read and comprehend questioned by ME.

    LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!! HE HAS DONE MORE THAN ENOUGH AND DID IT FOR EIGHT YEARS!!! Besides, HE now has far better things to do with HIS discretionary time. Namely, a family that now includes a toddler.

  11. #11
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    193,167

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Today is 1 July 2018. There are 98 days (14 weeks) until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.

  12. #12
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    193,167

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by tony/troy View Post
    Quote from a previous posting "And as for Tom, running away from a problem never solved anything".

    Absolutely no clue how anyone can read Tom's I'm Leaving post and rationally conclude the HE is running away from anything.

    HE has simply decided that he will no longer volunteer his time and efforts to an administration and management HE no longer believes is deserving or worthy of it. HE is hardly alone in that belief.

    He clearly and concisely listed multiple behaviors, attitudes and tactics of the institute's administration and management that lead HIM, as HE stated bluntly in HIS post, to feel "embarrassed and ashamed" of the very institution HE graduated from.

    Obviously, He reached the determination that HE and HIS name was engaged (all be it on an UNPAID VOLUNTARY BASIS) with an endeavor without merit. Once someone determines that, one withdraws. PERIOD!!! THE END!!!

    Any expectation level by anyone who somehow, someway believes that HE should continue volunteering HIS time and efforts to this organization and terms HIS not doing so "running away" would ALL find their rationality, lucidity and ability to read and comprehend questioned by ME.

    LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!! HE HAS DONE MORE THAN ENOUGH AND DID IT FOR EIGHT YEARS!!! Besides, HE now has far better things to do with HIS discretionary time. Namely, a family that now includes a toddler.
    I agree with you had that Tom is not running away. He is trying to make a point about his opinion about the RPI admins, an opinion shared by many who are knowledgable about the situation.

  13. #13
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,532

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Gosh-lots of stuff on here. I stay away for a bit and come back to read about 10 pages and the start of a new thread.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  14. #14
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    46,064

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Gosh-lots of stuff on here. I stay away for a bit and come back to read about 10 pages and the start of a new thread.
    Never a dull moment involving someone from the Clinton administration.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  15. #15
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    46,064

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    I've enjoyed reading WithoutaPeer's insights into college hockey in general and RPI hockey in particular for a long time.

    The title of this thread seems to imply that the WithoutaPeer website is now defunct.

    From what I read in Tom Reale's announcement, he has stepped down as radio announcer for the RPI hockey games.

    I did not read that he was stepping down as a contributor to the WithoutaPeer website, though it wouldn't be surprising, given his disenchantment with the state of affairs, that he could choose to do that as well.

    Even so, the WithoutaPeer website lists him as only one of four "hosts" of the site, so it isn't at all clear to me that his departure would necessarily mean that WithoutaPeer must immediately cease operations.

    Can someone clarify? Will WithoutaPeer continue, or is it finished?
    Without a Peer hasn't been regular for a while now. Ever since it became a bit of a "chore" for the writer and less fun, they decided to hang it up except for the random quips. However, with the way the administration has been, the writer has felt RPI has been pushing his philanthropy away even further. It's more about the writer than it is WaP, however there is evidently a bit of feeling that he is WaP, and instead of calling out people personally, it's a bit better to call out the cause.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,143

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I wonder who is the third skater on his line. He hasn't been mentioned on any of the tweets which you posted,
    .....that would be Zach Jordan a camp invite from UN-O......
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

  17. #17
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    193,167

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Today is 2 July 2018. There are 97 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern AZ
    Posts
    128

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I find it interesting that our 12 incoming freshmen are all 6' and under and all are less than 200lbs. Any insight as to whether Coach Smith planned it this way and is trying to build a smaller, quicker team or if it was just by coincidence?

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,143

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Another +95 day in CD. Here’s a look at Ottawa’s 3x3 tourney if you care to enjoy some hockey today....
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

  20. #20
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    193,167

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Today is 3 July 2018. There are 96 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •