Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    I tried doing a Google search on "investigations of FIRE," but all that came up was links to investigations of what happens when combustible material ignites. If FIRE is an acronym for something related to spiking tuition rates and/or everything anybody might want to complain about, the meaning eludes me.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are you talking about?
    FIRE is the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education ( http://thefire.org ), which focuses their investigations on defending the Constitutional rights of college students, typically with emphasis upon the First Amendment.

I'm not surprised Google wouldn't tell you, but that's a story for another day.

Comment

made it with one minute left.

In honor of Mike Gornall and Megan Hayes, today is 29 September 2018. There are 8 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Mick Bowman and Sabrina Repaci, today is 30 September 2018. There are 7 days (1 week) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Brady Ferner and Jaimie Grigsby, today is 1 October 2018. There are 6 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I assume no "weekend thread"?

Oh heck... HYPE!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I assume no "weekend thread"?

Oh heck... HYPE!
              The only reason that I start those threads is to have discussions with fans of the other teams. I doubt that there are many UPEI fans here.

If you feel that there should be such a thread, please start it.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Happy Fall everyone. I hope the summer was rewarding & refreshing for all. Looking forward to a season ahead that shows progress and growth. There really is nowhere to go but up.

I have no suggestions for the thread title, but I really hope we can put the Shirley stuff to bed, or create an off-topic thread, to keep separate from the hockey talk. I have not missed any of that discourse at all. Along those lines, I had some interesting alumni interactions during vacations which I'll share in depth at another time.

LETS GO RED!
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  Happy Fall everyone. I hope the summer was rewarding & refreshing for all. Looking forward to a season ahead that shows progress and growth. There really is nowhere to go but up.

I have no suggestions for the thread title, but I really hope we can put the Shirley stuff to bed, or create an off-topic thread, to keep separate from the hockey talk. I have not missed any of that discourse at all. Along those lines, I had some interesting alumni interactions during vacations which I'll share in depth at another time.

LETS GO RED!
                  It would indeed be nice to put the Shirley thing to bed, but it will properly only happen if either she changes or she retires.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    It would indeed be nice to put the Shirley thing to bed, but it will properly only happen if either she changes or she retires.
                    She won't do the former. I don't foresee the latter anytime soon. One thing it does go to show, though, is that we care not only about the ice, but the classrooms and full view of student life. And that's what college truly is all about, especially when you compare to the pros. When I take family to hockey games, we're not just going to HFH, we're also checking out the Student Union, some of the open educational buildings, my old dorm building, and so on. When you call it "home" for four years (or possibly more), you really care for it. I won't give up on it, but I'll be gosh darned if I stand by and let it deteriorate without raising voice. We helped to contribute to a legacy that we hope is enjoyed long into the future of our RPI family and its descendants.

Comment

Whew! RPI-TV will still broadcast our games.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Whew! RPI-TV will still broadcast our games.
                        I think I know why that is... RPI-TV has always been very strong in promoting the Institute, but also being very strong in managing their club. How many of us remember when they forced the league to put up a sorry camera setup for a playoff series because the league wanted the RPI-TV feed for nothing? Because it's the league making the deal and not the individual schools, RPI-TV insisted that either they be compensated for their service or the feed remain free to air after reasonable restriction for game ownership, just as they did in the playoffs. And since the league doesn't want to pay them, and ESPN+ sure as heck won't, we stay on YouTube.

EDIT: Here's the instance I was referencing: http://www.rpitv.org/news_updates/28...live-on-rpi-tv
                        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 10-01-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

The only reason that I start those threads is to have discussions with fans of the other teams. I doubt that there are many UPEI fans here.

If you feel that there should be such a thread, please start it.
                          One of UPEI better players, Luke Kirwan, is in camp with an ECHL Team.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            She won't do the former. I don't foresee the latter anytime soon. One thing it does go to show, though, is that we care not only about the ice, but the classrooms and full view of student life. And that's what college truly is all about, especially when you compare to the pros. When I take family to hockey games, we're not just going to HFH, we're also checking out the Student Union, some of the open educational buildings, my old dorm building, and so on. When you call it "home" for four years (or possibly more), you really care for it. I won't give up on it, but I'll be gosh darned if I stand by and let it deteriorate without raising voice. We helped to contribute to a legacy that we hope is enjoyed long into the future of our RPI family and its descendants.
                            Dude, I share your feelings, all I ask for is a Shirley thread separate from the hockey on here. Thanks.
                            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I might as well ask again about suggestions for a thread title for this season's first thread. Frjoe suggested a 6 flags title which I liked, but we have used it before.
                              Shirley, let's talk about hockey
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Today is 2 October 2018. There are 5 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X