Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

I vote for # 3.

I really hope that our first regular season thread will focus more on hockey than on bashing RPI's president.

Comment

This afternoon was the party for season ticket holders to pick up their tickets at HFH and meet the players and coaches. I was unable to attend. Did anyone make it there and if so, what happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
        This afternoon was the party for season ticket holders to pick up their tickets at HFH and meet the players and coaches. I was unable to attend. Did anyone make it there and if so, what happened?
        I attended. Norris Peterson opened the program by welcoming folks and briefly discussing housekeeping changes to HFH --ticket sales (online /single game / can now select sears)

Then McElroy spoke briefly. Didn't say much of substance. No mention of any HFH renovations that he touted at past events.

Smith then spoke. He briefly addressed the departures and number of additions. He acknowledged that the changes come with expectations and that in their recruiting they've sought out players who understand RPIs hockey history and the mission to bring it back to prominence. Fans expect and deserve a competitive program, etc. Family, effort and attitude noted as traits of recruits. No assistant coaches were present. Attendee asked re: Nolan Graham and Smith related he is continuing his recovery in BC and that they remain in contact with him.

Players then introduced themselves one by one. Smith took some questions (scheduling, the front loading of Union series, etc). Smith described the status of the schedue as " a mess" when he arrived.

A few attendees asked questions which were answered by some players --Polino, Moore, Ferner. Questions revolved around what recruits saw that led them to RPI (Ferner) and Moore and Polino discussed the team building and Moore discussed what the seniors want to accomplish.

That's about all I can recall. I'm sure I've left out something.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

In honor of Ottoville Leppänen, today is 26 September 2018. There are 11 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I attended. Norris Peterson opened the program by welcoming folks and briefly discussing housekeeping changes to HFH --ticket sales (online /single game / can now select sears)
            I was shocked on Monday when I called, that they gave me the opportunity choose a seat. Of course, I did not have a seating chart with me.

They also had retained my address from the past. Thankfully, they did not keep my credit card number.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I vote for #4 also.
              Given there always seems to be an issue with the player when they're put in the thread title, perhaps it will extend to Administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                I vote for # 3.

I really hope that our first regular season thread will focus more on hockey than on bashing RPI's president.
                So long as she doesn't pull another dumb stunt, you'll get your wish. And hopefully we actually have something to talk about, because last year wasn't too exciting of a discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I was shocked on Monday when I called, that they gave me the opportunity choose a seat. Of course, I did not have a seating chart with me.

They also had retained my address from the past. Thankfully, they did not keep my credit card number.
                  I’m surprised you hadn’t seen this RB.....
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I might as well ask again about suggestions for a thread title for this season's first thread. Frjoe suggested a 6 flags title which I liked, but we have used it before.
                    A Program Renewed?

(hey why not try the Renew Rensselaer line)
                    Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                      A Program Renewed?

(hey why not try the Renew Rensselaer line)
                      Why Not Change The (insert word here)
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        I’m surprised you hadn’t seen this RB.....
                        I saw it after I called.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Blake Orosz, today is 27 September 2018. There are 10 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

According to the e-mail forum, there are still no captains.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Patience grasshopper.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Correct. I neglected to mention --that question was asked at ticket party. Smiths answer was Belicheckian ..." we're focused on UPEI"

I will say that the seniors who quickly stepped up to address the audience were Polino and Meirs Moore....certainly possibilities for A's / C's I would imagine
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X