X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2018 midterm elections!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    It's still the liberal coasts and cities vs the rest of the country.
    So when do you start calling for the Second Civil War? Because that's exactly their rhetoric.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Land doesn't vote. Neither do cows.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Land doesn't vote. Neither do cows.
        Which is why we have a republican form of government rather than a democracy. While you don't need to convince 50% of the states you're qualified, you have to convince more than the coasts and big cities
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Which is why we have a republican form of government rather than a democracy. While you don't need to convince 50% of the states you're qualified, you have to convince more than the coasts and big cities
          The coasts and the big cities are where the most people are. How stupid are you? Do you really not understand what the big map with all the congressional districts mean? It makes zero difference how much land area the red covers versus the blue. I ask again, how stupid are you? People like you are why I give this country about a 50/50 chance of outliving me.

Comment

Tyranny by minority, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              The coasts and the big cities are where the most people are. How stupid are you? Do you really not understand what the big map with all the congressional districts mean? It makes zero difference how much land area the red covers versus the blue. I ask again, how stupid are you? People like you are why I give this country about a 50/50 chance of outliving me.
              The trouble with you and your confederates is that you attack the person when there is a disagreement of ideas and not debate the premise.

Your generation shouts down all that you disagree with. I tremble when you get to retirement age and run for elective office.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The trouble with you and your confederates is that you attack the person when there is a disagreement of ideas and not debate the premise.
                You mean like refusing to vote on a SC nominee for over nine months? Or like the current GOP president, who is an Erdogan wannabe in his effort to shut down the press?

joe, Republicans haven't debated premises for a generation. They incite fear. That is all.

Comment

Minority rule. Thankfully for you...the majority is far more civil than the minority.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Your generation shouts down all that you disagree with. I tremble when you get to retirement age and run for elective office.
                    This is one of the most absurd things I’ve ever heard on here. I used to be a righty. But over time I realized there was only one party that used facts and science. When I realized the right wa wrong on science, I started wondering what else they could be wrong on. Turns out, in present day, republicans are basically wrong on everything. I’m not sure there’s an issue they right on. Maybe I disagree with the far, far left wing of the party. But overall, it’s really hard to find something the GOP has right. Morally or factually. They lie through their teeth and ignore science. It’s hard to find a more morally bankrupt party in US history.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Everything Joe says is absurd. Kepler tried to make sure believe he was reasonable but Joe made sure we all saw the truth. He is a true believer and not in a good way.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Everything Joe says is absurd. Kepler tried to make sure believe he was reasonable but Joe made sure we all saw the truth. He is a true believer and not in a good way.
                        Quod Erat Demonstrandum
                        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                        Groucho Marx
                        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                        Ron White
                        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                        Milo Bloom

Comment

I'll own the attacks and the shouts Joe. I'll even own that it is personal and ad hominem. The sad fact though is it is warranted with you and people like you. I'm tired of trying to have conversations with you and yours. Try and have a conversation with a flat-Earther. Or with someone who believes the Moon landings were faked. That's what it is like trying to talk with conservative Americans anymore. You no longer deal in facts and reality. At all. It has become impossible to have rational conversations when one side traffics in fear, bigotry, and hypocrisy. And I'm not sure what "confederates" you're speaking of, because up until the early 1980s I was more in line with the Republican party on 80% of my politics than I was with the Democratic party. I voted for a Republican for everything from dog catcher to president. I voted for George H W Bush in 1992. And shouting down others knows no generational boundaries. It never has. You and people with your political views are simply not grounded in reality. You're no longer worth trying to talk to. When the right (which nowadays is the extreme, almost over the edge, further right and getting further every day right) begins to argue with facts, empirical data and reality, and no longer uses racism and hate to make a point, I'll begin seeking dialog with it again.
                          Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 09-29-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Can we please 'debate the premise? The right has been spoon fed meaningless sound bites for so long they rarely can defend any premise.

Should we discuss the economy? Seems like a winner for the right? It will take one minute to dismantle that. You ready?
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                              Quod Erat Demonstrandum
                              Yeah I tried having rational conversations with him back when Kepler was all about defending him. You can only beat your head against a wall so much.

Oh and just to be fair it isnt joe's beliefs. I used to attack Foxton the same way and he was a flaming lib. I have had fights with rufus and he and I almost always agree on politics. It isnt the politics it is how they choose to discuss it.

But your use of latin was cute
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                Can we please 'debate the premise? The right has been spoon fed meaningless sound bites for so long they rarely can defend any premise.

Should we discuss the economy? Seems like a winner for the right? It will take one minute to dismantle that. You ready?
                                But then the right doesn't even need an explanation. trump or one of his minions say something and the people on the right believe it.

Even through the early days of the George W. Bush administration I used to occasionally watch FOX News in hopes of getting a well rounded perspective on events that leaned to requiring political solutions. But less than a decade into its existence, FOX proved it no longer trafficked in facts and reality. It's currency was fear and hate mongering, even in the early days of GWBs first term. But those on the right apparently lacked the wherewithal or mental acuity to be able to think openly and critically. After 15 years of nothing but misleading takes (and outright lies and falsehoods) and the constant editorializing as opposed to news gathering and reporting, FOX and other like-minded media outlets have destroyed the right and republicans.

Sadly, outlets like CNN have been forced down the same path and you can tune into their entire prime time lineup and see nothing but so-called "anti-trump" coverage. The problem is, 90% of it is true and accurate (and 9.9% of the other 10 is only mistaken reporting proven incorrect but not maliciously so) but we've allowed the false equivalency brigade and those that preach "whataboutism" to have far too much say because at least on the left there is a little open mindedness left. The proof is that republicans do things like vote for the name with the "r" next to it come Hell or high water, but democrats at least think once in a while. That's how you explain the millions who did not vote for Hillary even though they voted twice for Obama.

We've destroyed our political institutions in this country. There are no more political solutions to be found as long as one party is firmly grounded in falsehoods and the other party fails to convince republican voters of that reality. Democrats will probably win the House this year, and might even win the Senate. They'll stop most of the trump agenda and we'll have more years of the same thing we've seen for most of the last 20 or 25 years. The only way it will change is if voters actually do what they need to do. We have to solve this mess by punishing the party mostly responsible for the mess we are in. And then holding those we put in their place accountable and be prepared to throw them into the trash heap if they prove unworthy of our trust. Short of voter suppression, collectively we do get the government we deserve.

Comment

Working...
                                X