This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2018 midterm elections!

Lying is not just Trump's first (and second) language; it's also taken over all 23 pairs of chromosomes in his DNA, rendering him incapable of telling the truth.

Did this bleat from Trump earn a bonus fifth Pinocchio?
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Lying is not just Trump's first (and second) language; it's also taken over all 23 pairs of chromosomes in his DNA, rendering him incapable of telling the truth.

Did this bleat from Trump earn a bonus fifth Pinocchio?
      I'll keep saying it until the country ends or we wake up from our current political nightmare and vote some sanity into office: The problem isn't really trump. The problem is the 60+ million idiots that voted for him and either just reflexively believe everything he says, or don't care that he can't go a single day or talk about any average issue without lying through his teeth. I think the only reason we aren't having the political violence that we had in the 1960s is because people pay less attention nowadays, because the country is more polarized politically than it has been in my lifetime. Again, 2/3rds of the voters chose Nixon in 1972 and less than 2 years later, on the day he resigned, he had an approval rating of 24%. We had differences politically yes, but the vast and overwhelming majority of us were operating with the same set of facts. That's why a president, with arguable actual presidential accomplishments, left office an utterly broken and despised man. trump will leave office with over 40% of American not only approving of him, but thinking he will leave having been an exceptional president. When a critical minority of the electorate believes such utter rubbish and lies, what hope is there? What a 5h!t show we are leaving the next few generations. Maybe we ALL ought to rot in hell...

Comment

Trying to be a good citizen I watched a lot of the debates last night I referenced below. I am always trying to find what the Republicans ideas are for the State and for the country that are new and exciting and anything but trickle down, anti-immigration, and starving the government. And none of those from what I can tell solve anything. And none of them make anything better.

I actually found myself liking Walz more than I ever did before after the debate. Although, his debating style bothered me cause he talks a mile a minute.

Again during Senator Klobuchar's debate with her opponent I waited for the new great Republican ideas and I didn't hear them. I heard a lot of controlled volume screaming about what Republicans think are wrong with everything but no solutions.

Again, I am open to hearing them.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I didnt watch the debates, mainly cause I know how I am voting and know the stances of the GOPers in each race. I dont need to watch to know that Housely talked about her family and then repeated Trump talking points.

I agree with you on Walz though. I was never a huge fan of his but I saw him speak not long ago and he really won me over. GF got to interview him before the primaries and she felt the same way. He speaks like a teacher, and by that I dont mean he is some highfalutin professor speaking down to everyone but just your average Social Studies teacher that no one has a problem with. He is a good story teller and he often speaks from experience.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Trump approval jumps ahead of Obama’s midterm approval rating

The poll found Trump's approval rating at its highest level for that poll yet, at 47 percent. Obama's approval rating was 45 percent around the same time in 2010, according to a similar NBC/Wall Street Journal poll taken in late October 2010.

Obama's approval rating was reaching a record low in October 2010, just before his party lost a significant number of seats in the House and Senate.
            The republicans will likely see losses in the house, but anyone who thinks there will be a blue wave on November 6th is likely to be very disappointed when they wake up on November 7th.

The republicans are going to retain control of the senate and by the end of trump's term the federal judiciary in the country is going to look radically different than it did in January of 2017. The democrats will probably take the house and since the minority party has zero power there having 218 votes is the same as having 418 when it comes to what the House can do to thwart the worst of trumps failings. But I don't think the democrats will come close to the level of success the republicans had in the 2010 mid-term election.

Americans (and the America they make up) are one messed up group of humans. I hope people are beginning to see just how racist and bigoted a society we live in, because in the days and weeks after trump was elected people tried to make all sorts excuses about why he won. But other than the voter suppression and apathy that was evident in some of the states with the closest results it has become pretty apparent to me why he won. It isn't just old white guys. It's young white guys. And white women. And sadly, enough people of color, who are all still beholden to their own animal brains to be blinded by the lies of the right wing.

Those (like even I do sometimes) who wish for some democrats to come out with the blunt, tough talk style that appeals to the republicans and disappointed democrats are forgetting something. Those kinds of messages simply don't seem to resonate with people who lean towards democrats. Someone like Tim Ryan appeals greatly to me (and there is some quiet talk I am hearing that he may throw his hat into the presidential ring in 2020) but to many he seems disconnected from the identity politics that drives far too many of the most progressive democratic voters. He won't gain traction because he doesn't spend a lot of time pandering to every single "other" that is out there. He is too busy talking about jobs and how too many people have been left behind by our economy.

A democratic win in the House will help stave off some of the worst things trump might otherwise do, but even with that we have a long, long way to go in this country. I'm not optimistic but I guess we'll see.

Comment

Yep. It appears the House is all we can ask for and it will be the thinnest of margins. Just need one more Democrat than Republican in the House so the investigations can happen. Then when nothing happens for 2 years (cause Republicans will still have half of the Legislative, and Full Control of the Executive and Judiciary) Democrats will lose again in 2020 cause they're crushed all that work they did in 2018 didn't get them anywhere.

You can see it coming a mile away.
              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-22-2018, 09:42 AM.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I actually found myself liking Walz more than I ever did before after the debate. Although, his debating style bothered me cause he talks a mile a minute.
                I've been hoping all along to get you guys on the Walz train. I knew he would be a far better candidate than Murphy or Swanson to take on Johnson.

Two comments - one against and one for your position. Against - In ways, Trumps recent 'climb' in approval is not that dramatic or unexpected. Whenever you get close to an election, it no longer becomes the GOP against themselves. Suddenly there is an opponent. And so some that didn't think the GOP was wonderful a few months ago now support them because they don't like something about the Ds. Having said that, Trumps all time high approval (which is close to today) is still below the average approval of the least approved president in modern history - a tie between Carter and Truman. So Trump's approval is pretty terrible.

For - however, GOP turnout is always better than one thinks its going to be. For example, you'd think that is 1970 with Vietnam protests raging that this country would be solidly against Nixon and the Vietnam war. It was not. It was solidly against the Vietnam protesters. The silent conservative voting block is always daunting.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I didnt watch the debates, mainly cause I know how I am voting and know the stances of the GOPers in each race. I dont need to watch to know that Housely talked about her family and then repeated Trump talking points.

I agree with you on Walz though. I was never a huge fan of his but I saw him speak not long ago and he really won me over. GF got to interview him before the primaries and she felt the same way. He speaks like a teacher, and by that I dont mean he is some highfalutin professor speaking down to everyone but just your average Social Studies teacher that no one has a problem with. He is a good story teller and he often speaks from experience.
                  Disclaimer: This is probably going to come off as a hipsterish, snide, or condescending comment, but it's not.

I've liked Walz from the beginning. He's always said the right things, he has a very strong background, and he seems like he has the energy and temperament to get it done. I'm guessing he'll have an opportunity here in Minnesota for the next two years. I'm hoping the DFL can take back control of the state legislature, make some positive changes, and maintain our recent successes.

I have a lot of hope for Walz. He reminds me of a less liberal Paul Wellstone I suppose.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    For - however, GOP turnout is always better than one thinks its going to be. For example, you'd think that is 1970 with Vietnam protests raging that this country would be solidly against Nixon and the Vietnam war. It was not. It was solidly against the Vietnam protesters. The silent conservative voting block is always daunting.
                    I think this is the dynamic of America that gets Republicans into office over and over and over again. And there is no easy way to fix it.

Comment

Walz is a rock star.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I think this is the dynamic of America that gets Republicans into office over and over and over again. And there is no easy way to fix it.
                      Here's another example of this hidden conservative block. Remember the Kent state massacre? There was a fully warranted simple protest against Vietnam war, the protesters wouldn't disperse as asked...and unprovoked the militia gunned down a number of protesters. Even as the government admitted wrong doings, polls said that the vast majority felt that the militia was fully justified for the shooting and that the protesters were to blame.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

"It's the economy, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I must be in the wrong industry cause I'm not feeling it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            More proof that Americans were and are stupid. The recession was long over when Clinton ran on it in 1992, and "It's the economy stupid" was partially responsible for his election. And no matter what the unemployment or GDP #s are saying in 2018, our economy is not particularly sound and it barely serves the middle or working classes and DOESN'T serve the poor. Income/wealth inequality is at an all time high in the modern economy and is getting worse, and many economists are coming around to the position that this is doing severe long term harm to our economic prospects. If the vast majority of Americans vote for the status quo (which they will, almost every member of the House and Senate running for re-election will win, and most will win easily) based on the "strength" of our current economy, they are getting it wrong.

Comment

Got this in the mail today. Bishop has gone full "Daisy" 1964.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                More proof that Americans were and are stupid. The recession was long over when Clinton ran on it in 1992, and "It's the economy stupid" was partially responsible for his election. And no matter what the unemployment or GDP #s are saying in 2018, our economy is not particularly sound and it barely serves the middle or working classes and DOESN'T serve the poor. Income/wealth inequality is at an all time high in the modern economy and is getting worse, and many economists are coming around to the position that this is doing severe long term harm to our economic prospects. If the vast majority of Americans vote for the status quo (which they will, almost every member of the House and Senate running for re-election will win, and most will win easily) based on the "strength" of our current economy, they are getting it wrong.
                                Not only that but Clinton does not win in 1992 if Perot isn't in the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X