Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018 midterm elections!

mascot extraordinaire

The 2018 midterm elections!

Now that the primaries are over, have at it!

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Re: The 2018 midterm elections!

I hate Illinois Nazis

He's running a deep blue district, so this will be mildly amusing to follow.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I hate Illinois Nazis

It's clear we just need to get him to drive his car off an unfinshed expressway.

Lucia Apologist

Subscribed because I too hate Nazis.

Generic Catchy Message

Primaries in Michigan aren't until August, but the Republican gubernatorial candidate (Schuette) with the backing of Trump, Pence, and Walker is already focusing his attention on bashing the likely Democratic candidate (Whitmer), not even really paying attention to his current actual opponents. Very Trumpian strategy. He's also the same one I posted about in the States thread trying to get the anti-gerrymandering commission question off the November ballot.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

Go State! Beat Lake State
    6-9-1 (2-5-1-1, 7th B1G)

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

I hate Illinois Nazis

Ted Cruz just endorsed the Democrat. Even told the Illinois GOP to endorse the Democrat.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Primaries in Michigan aren't until August, but the Republican gubernatorial candidate (Schuette) with the backing of Trump, Pence, and Walker is already focusing his attention on bashing the likely Democratic candidate (Whitmer), not even really paying attention to his current actual opponents. Very Trumpian strategy. He's also the same one I posted about in the States thread trying to get the anti-gerrymandering commission question off the November ballot.
    Get ready, it's gonna be 4 months of Schuette tying her to Granholm, hollering about taxes, and pimping his Trump endorsement.

He'll win, too. She is a classic moderate Dem who isn't going to attack him.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 06-30-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Subscribed because I too hate Nazis.
    qft
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Maybe they're both right??

@FoxNews: Andrew Cuomo, Cynthia Nixon accuse each other of lying, corruption in heated primary debate. https://fxn.ws/2NsWVWH

Yep, still here

Get ready, it's gonna be 4 months of Schuette tying her to Granholm, hollering about taxes, and pimping his Trump endorsement.

He'll win, too. She is a classic moderate Dem who isn't going to attack him.
    First ad of his I've seen? He'll stop all of the human trafficking coming into Michigan.

O..kay?
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    First ad of his I've seen? He'll stop all of the human trafficking coming into Michigan.

O..kay?
    Tourists?

@nbcwashington: Only 16 percent of millennials say they have a great deal of interest in politics and elections. http://nbc4dc.com/Eswqj4v

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post

O..kay?
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Tourists?
    hockey recruits
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Internet Nutcase

lots of money being dumped into ME-2

incumbent Bruce Poliquin (R): made millions in the investment management industry, moved back to Maine to run for Governor, didn't get the party nomination (finished 6 out of 7) . he doesn't even live in the district, but benefited from ME-2's lurch right after the rise of the tea part and his deep pockets (before Bruce, this seat had been held by democrats for 20 years, since Olympia Snowe gave up her seat to run for the Senate)

vs

Jared Golden (D), assistant majority leader of the Maine House of Representatives, who dropped out of college in 2002 to join the Marines, seeing combat as an infantryman in Afghanistan and Iraq, after leaving the service attended Bates College in Lewiston, ME near where he grew up.

The attack adds against Golden are ridiculous.They even attack his tattoos (image that, a combat infantryman having tattoos): https://www.newsweek.com/jared-golde...ack-ad-1093810

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    lots of money being dumped into ME-2

incumbent Bruce Poliquin (R): made millions in the investment management industry, moved back to Maine to run for Governor, didn't get the party nomination (finished 6 out of 7) . he doesn't even live in the district, but benefited from ME-2's lurch right after the rise of the tea part and his deep pockets (before Bruce, this seat had been held by democrats for 20 years, since Olympia Snowe gave up her seat to run for the Senate)

vs

Jared Golden (D), assistant majority leader of the Maine House of Representatives, who dropped out of college in 2002 to join the Marines, seeing combat as an infantryman in Afghanistan and Iraq, after leaving the service attended Bates College in Lewiston, ME near where he grew up.

The attack adds against Golden are ridiculous.They even attack his tattoos (image that, a combat infantryman having tattoos): https://www.newsweek.com/jared-golde...ack-ad-1093810
    Good for the economy!! Make him spend it all!!!

Internet Nutcase

Good for the economy!! Make him spend it all!!!
    not really that good for the economy. the money goes to a couple TV stations and Google.

@nbcwashington: Only 16 percent of millennials say they have a great deal of interest in politics and elections. http://nbc4dc.com/Eswqj4v
    That and the electoral college/gerrymandering means the country is run by the right.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    That and the electoral college/gerrymandering means the country is run by the right.
    Get out the vote in the states and change it, garshdarnit!! Stop whining!!!

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Get out the vote in the states and change it, garshdarnit!! Stop whining!!!
    Easier to find ghosts to blame for the 16%

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Weed doesn't legalize itself people! Millenials, if that won't get you out of your mom's basement on election day, nothing will!
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Thread Information