X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2018 midterm elections!

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    If what her brother says has her falling behind, that reflects poorly on North Dakota voters, not Heidi Heitkamp.
    It gets them their dream Trump thumper so they'll be happy.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Ad hominem again. Keep ridin' that pony.

Stuff (aka truth, reality) like what her brother did has Heitkamp falling behind to Cramer in ND (and Cramer is not a guy I can vote for).

CNN just moved ND from "toss-up" to "learns R".

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/09/polit...ber/index.html
      You provide substance worth responding to seriously, and I'll do so. But your shtick is bad and you should feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        She's not going to win North Dakota anyway. It's gone. Enjoy your Trump thumper.
        I can't stand being in the same room with the person. Cramer just irks me.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I read the tweet...not only should it not be a big deal but he is absolutely correct. If Heitkamp loses because of that it is on the nimrods in Sugar Beet Country.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Tex-ass gonna Tex-ass. Especially if it means East Bumfckistan, TX gets their 15 minutes from the MSM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Tex-ass gonna Tex-ass. Especially if it means East Bumfckistan, TX gets their 15 minutes from the MSM.
              This is the best part:
              Reno Mayor Eric Hunter has defended the move, arguing to The Star-Telegram that the only negative feedback the measure has received is probably from people who have "missed the point of what we are saying.”
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                1st Amendment is worthless. The 2nd? Gold, Jerry, Gold.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Dem control of the House is likely. Dem control of the Senate is quite unlikely...until recently.

Dems appear to need two additional senators beyond those that appear likely. They need to keep the following states that lean Dem:

AZ Simena
                  NV Rosen
                  MO McCaskill

Take the toss ups:

ND Heitcamp
                  FL Nelson

And take one of the following lean GOP:

TX ORourke (which seems like a long shot)
                  TN Bredesen

Most have seen positive polls over the last few days (McCaskill being the exception)

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...recast/senate/
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Dem control of the House is likely. Dem control of the Senate is quite unlikely...until recently.

Dems appear to need two additional senators beyond those that appear likely. They need to keep the following states that lean Dem:

AZ Simena
                    NV Rosen
                    MO McCaskill

Take the toss ups:

ND Heitcamp
                    FL Nelson

And take one of the following lean GOP:

TX ORourke (which seems like a long shot)
                    TN Bredesen

Most have seen positive polls over the last few days (McCaskill being the exception)

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...recast/senate/
                    The recent developments of 1) Trump's ever sinking popularity for anybody not already in his cult, and 2) Kavanaugh turning into a liability almost overnight for the GOP vs an asset are certainly making the picture brighter. I think of it like this: going into election season there were 10 seats in Chump won states vs 1 Clinton won seat up for re-election. As of today 4 of those states (WI, MI, OH, PA) are not on even the GOP's radar for potential flips. Furthermore, people like Manchin and Tester are moving into the Leans D category.

That leaves IN, ND, MO, and FL. Personally I'm not as worried about Florida as pundidiotry is, although I'd feel a lot better if Scooby declared Gov. Scott to be a lock! The medicare crook has had the airwaves to himself for months, and he's still tied in the polls with someone who just started going up on air. Furthermore Scott has never been that popular, barely winning his two races in very good GOP years. Put another way, if Florida flips, then a lot of other states are going to before that one and the GOP will be increasing their Senate majority.

I'm heartened that IN, MO, and ND are still even races because one would have thought at this point the challengers would have put a couple of those away already. Especially since those challengers are fairly generic R's and not Todd Akin types. However the Dems are either going to have to sweep all 3 of these races as well as NV and AZ, or trade ND for TN. If Ted Cruz goes down, then its the opposite situation of the FL race. Dems win in Texas and they're already having a very, very good night long before that race gets called.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Not that polls mean anything, but in the latest it looks like the Dems are leading in Zona and TN. I suspect they hold TN (Bredesen is well liked) but I will believe Zona when I see it. Either way every GOPer is going to be sweating til election night which is crazy in its own right.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

According to the Star Tribune in the Franken Seat race Tina Smith (D) is up by 7 over Karin Housely. I saw an ad for Housely the other day...having her husband Phil might help her with the people already voting for her (she is doing well with 50+) but she is getting smoked by the youth vote, most of whom have never heard of her husband. They do care that she is a full on Moonbat though.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Whoever's in charge of recruiting for the Dems has done a solid job. Bredesen is the only candidate who could have made that a race (although it helps he's running against a certified loon). Beto O'Rourke forcing Goopers to spend $$$ defending Calgary Ted, Simena in AZ and Rosen in NV are good gets as well. They're not favored to take over by any means but if we head into election night with 8 toss up races, 4 for the Dems and 4 for the GOP I'll take it. Its far better than things were looking even a couple of months ago.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I like this recent poll for Maine CD2: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...0180917_ME.pdf

it's one poll though, and 538's projection is giving the incumbent a 4 in 7 chance of winning and the D challenger a 3 in 7 chance so it's essentially a toss up with a slight advantage to the incumbent

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Whoever's in charge of recruiting for the Dems has done a solid job. Bredesen is the only candidate who could have made that a race (although it helps he's running against a certified loon). Beto O'Rourke forcing Goopers to spend $$$ defending Calgary Ted, Simena in AZ and Rosen in NV are good gets as well. They're not favored to take over by any means but if we head into election night with 8 toss up races, 4 for the Dems and 4 for the GOP I'll take it. Its far better than things were looking even a couple of months ago.
                              Yeah they definitely found the right people. Add in all the young candidates running around the country (and women) and this has been a very fun lead up to the midterms.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well, that's one way to rile up a Texan

Comment

Working...
                                X