X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2018 midterm elections!

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Polls have closed in Eastern timezone of Indiana and Kentucky, with the exception of Bloomington where they've been ordered open until 7. That is super early.
    Eh, they open at 6am. Probably some archaic law connected to benefit farmers.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      no it shouldnt
      Why? There should be as much of an effort to cater to voters as possible. Heck, it should be federal law that everything can be mail-in if one chooses.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Packed at my polling place just outside of Albany. Not a long wait by any means, but still a wait. Only hiccup I had was the scanner didn't take my ballot, but it was fixed. Heavily Democratic area, but our CD is not one of the ones in trouble as Paul Tonko won two years ago like 85%-15%. Looking at one adjacent district flipping in a close race though as Antonio Delgado looks to unseat Congressman John Faso, R.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Why? There should be as much of an effort to cater to voters as possible. Heck, it should be federal law that everything can be mail-in if one chooses.
          Would it make a ton of sense on one level to have standard election rules and ballot styles and hours, sure but we are a collection of states, regardless of what many people think so as long as its reasonable let each of them do what they decide for themselves.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Blast From The Past

Some mid-term entertainment... a 'blast from the past' (2002) from The Daily Show - Daily Show Rock - Mid-Term Elections

Enjoy!
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

LOL

“BREAKING: Georgia Secretary of State and gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp received a voter card that said “invalid” when he tried to use it to vote on Election Day.”

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

We're don't need standardized voting hours across states it should be a freaking national holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    LOL

“BREAKING: Georgia Secretary of State and gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp received a voter card that said “invalid” when he tried to use it to vote on Election Day.”
                    "See! If it were targeted against minorities why did it happen to him! Wink wink! What do you mean I'm not supposed to say "wink wink"?!"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

How do they come up with :25 and :14?

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Bernie becomes the first victor of the night. Called as soon as 7:00 hit.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          We're don't need standardized voting hours across states it should be a freaking national holiday.
                          Yeah but states rights except for guns do you see!?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Yeah but states rights except for guns do you see!?
                            Do you understand the constitution?
                            2) Gun rights
                            10) The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I am fine with states having their own rules...but I think there should be baseline benchmarks so everyone has their chance to vote.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

As of now things looking good for the Ds in Florida and Virginia.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X