X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2018 midterm elections!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    This is fine and dandy, but what happens in 2020? Can this momentum be sustained?
    Midterms tend to have far lower turnout on average so yeah probably.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      People are fired up here. I heard a talk radio guy, Jay Weber, this am and his voice was going up an octave imploring people to vote for Walker. I think they know his time is over.

2 weeks ago I would say gop retains senate and House and Walker wins.

Now I think gop retains senate, loses house narrowly and Walker and Schimel along with maybe 2-3 other gop governors and attorneys general will be ousted.
      You only think the GOP will lose 2 or 3 governors' races outside of Walker? They've already thrown in the towel on Illinois and New Mexico. That would mean they win every other toss up race which would be a very good night for Republicans on a state by state basis.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
        You only think the GOP will lose 2 or 3 governors' races outside of Walker? They've already thrown in the towel on Illinois and New Mexico. That would mean they win every other toss up race which would be a very good night for Republicans on a state by state basis.
        I’m far less familiar with the governor’s races, I was basing my 2-3 solely on what I feel are locks but will be pleasantly surprised if i’ve underestimated😀
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

And he'd know a thing or two about lacking ethics, morals, and empathy. And whining when one doesn't get one's way.

Comment

speaking of Walker, can someone explain the whole scottholes slam? What state infrastructure is so terrible? Wisconsin has one of the better road systems for highways (the roads that are actually state responsibilities) and yet one of the biggest commercially charged negative campaigns is about potholes that are Scott Walker's fault (scottholes)?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It's reported that transportation spending hasn't increased under Walker, even though that was one of his promises. There are also reports that Wisconsin is just average with their spending on roads/infrastructure.

https://madison.com/ct/news/local/go...f7d7b381f.html

Scottholes.com is a clever way of drawing attention to the issues.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yeah my dad who voted and donated to him however many times works for a large construction firm in the area and is ****ed at Walker for that very reason, lack of highway expenditures and 94 is still under construction especially in Milwaukee.

Comment

And yet every highway I use to travel from Minneapolis to the Fox Valley is amazing and all the stuff they did around Neenah/Appleton for the US-10 I-41 interchange is top notch. I don't expect Wisconsin to be near the top in road spending anyway because costs are lower and things are in pretty good shape. I just don't get the argument unless everything is **** down by Madison/Milwaukee, but its not like highway projects don't take time in Wisconsin with the weather.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If he said he was going to increase highway spending and didn't then he didn't fulfill his campaign promise, it's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      And yet every highway I use to travel from Minneapolis to the Fox Valley is amazing and all the stuff they did around Neenah/Appleton for the US-10 I-41 interchange is top notch. I don't expect Wisconsin to be near the top in road spending anyway because costs are lower and things are in pretty good shape. I just don't get the argument unless everything is **** down by Madison/Milwaukee, but its not like highway projects don't take time in Wisconsin with the weather.
                      Never seen anybody get turned on by a highway before. You wouldn't be an engineer by any chance?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Oh lord: https://***********/alexandermccoy4/...68847391883271

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I’m far less familiar with the governor’s races, I was basing my 2-3 solely on what I feel are locks but will be pleasantly surprised if i’ve underestimated��
                          No worries. I think they'd be thrilled if all they dropped was WI and IL for example. For the record the GOP hasn't abandoned Walker's bid unlike Rauner in IL whose biggest asset was supposed to be the ability to personally outspend any rival. That plan sh it the bed though when the Dems nominated a billionaire.

Comment

I was 75 in my ward at 7:45. In midterms prior that would have gotten in about number 30. My neighbor was there and said turn-out including all wards in our district was huge compared to prior years.
                            I usually vote in the morning time. It was pouring out. I'll wait till after work. Luckily, my voting district hardly ever has lines.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              No worries. I think they'd be thrilled if all they dropped was WI and IL for example. For the record the GOP hasn't abandoned Walker's bid unlike Rauner in IL whose biggest asset was supposed to be the ability to personally outspend any rival. That plan sh it the bed though when the Dems nominated a billionaire.
                              Rauner isn't your "modern" GOP candidate, in that he's gone against their "way" most of his career. It's mostly because the senior Dem leader Mike Madigan in the Senate is a complete co**bag towards Rauner. So they would hold pi**ing matches against each other for the sake of pi**ing on each other. See: Illinois State Fiscal Budget for 2015, 2016, and 2017.

I'm not sure what JB brings to the table. Dems will have complete control in Illinois, but there needs to be some right-sizing of the books which will require taxes to go up. Which is going to lead to a great flight from this state.

Honestly, I'm a solid blue guy but I voted for Rauner. Only because Madigan needs to be kept in check.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                I was ballot 94 in my precinct today. I'm done. Politicians, don't contact me anymore.
                                I didnt get contacted until AFTER I voted last week. I was 1 of 5 in at 10am on a Thursday and from what it seemed like it had been similar all morning.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X