X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2018 midterm elections!

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    HA! Look, you might want to cut Bernie a little slack here. He personally seems reluctant to endorse against Dem incumbents which is good politics and at the end of the day Sanders is a politician trying to have influence over the people who are actually in office.
    Sure. With Perez finger and a 100 lb. weight on the scale why would he want to fight that? Just like he went all out for Clinton after he lost.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Sure. With Perez finger and a 100 lb. weight on the scale why would he want to fight that? Just like he went all out for Clinton after he lost.
      Bernie Sanders is not responsible for the 2016 elections as he did the right thing and wholeheartedly endorsed Clinton at the convention. He unfortunately tapped into a reservoir of whiny absolutist loons who've been around since Little Ralphie Nader's day and who thought voting FOR Trump or sitting out was a great idea, but he himself actively discouraged that. Think of Sanders as a mortal politician instead of an omnipotent deity with power to control people on a whim.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Bernie Sanders is not responsible for the 2016 elections as he did the right thing and wholeheartedly endorsed Clinton at the convention. He unfortunately tapped into a reservoir of whiny absolutist loons who've been around since Little Ralphie Nader's day and who thought voting FOR Trump or sitting out was a great idea, but he himself actively discouraged that. Think of Sanders as a mortal politician instead of an omnipotent deity with power to control people on a whim.
        The way Susan Sarandon acts when she hears his name I'll stick with deity.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

And again, more Clinton supporters voted FOR McCain/Palin which really isn't that much better especially in the wake of a financial crisis and an unpopular war that they had no plan to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            And again, more Clinton supporters voted FOR McCain/Palin which really isn't that much better especially in the wake of a financial crisis and an unpopular war that they had no plan to fix.
            They can all go **** themselves as well. Along with everyone who voted for Nader or Jill Stein.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Most likely conservadems who have since left the party. However as much as I didn't care for the guy I'd rather have McCain as President right now over Trump with the full knowledge that the freakin' guy's been dead for a couple of weeks. Absolutely inexplicable that a Bernie supporter would vote FOR Chump, let along a couple of million of them and people in swing states.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

I don't disagree but let's not act like her supporters are any better.

Comment

They can all go **** themselves as well. Along with everyone who voted for Nader or Jill Stein.
                  I voted for Nader so you can kiss my ***. Minnesota went exactly as it should which is why I did it. My vote for Nader had literally zero to do with Bush winning and you know it. Or you dont and then you are as stupid as the Bernie Bros you hate.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I voted for Nader so you can kiss my ***. Minnesota went exactly as it should which is why I did it. My vote for Nader had literally zero to do with Bush winning and you know it. Or you dont and then you are as stupid as the Bernie Bros you hate.
                    LOL

I don't understand the mentality at all but if it made you feel better, good for you. That being said everyone who voted for Nader in Florida can die in a fire.

Comment

LOL

I don't understand the mentality at all but if it made you feel better, good for you.
                      Of course you dont...if it isnt some (not so) witty comment full of snark and derision you wouldnt. You just throw out your BS and and play the martyr. [insert "lock the ***** up" comment here]

But please...tell me how my vote made a difference. Explain it to me Sancho because I REALLY want to know. Then explain how my vote (and mine specifically since I voted in Minnesota who went for Gore) matters more than the mistakes the Dems and Gore made.

Would I do it again...probably not but it made zero difference at the time except to lower Gore's win % in the state.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I voted for:
                        Kerry
                        McCain
                        Obama
                        Clinton

My only regret about McCain was that Palin was his running mate. I thought and still think he would have made an excellent president back in 2008. Obama proved to be the better president and the right choice.

It was also my post-college libertarian phase. So take that as you will.

But to compare McCain to Trump is absurd. Utterly absurd.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Of course you dont...if it isnt some (not so) witty comment full of snark and derision you wouldnt. You just throw out your BS and and play the martyr. [insert "lock the ***** up" comment here]

But please...tell me how my vote made a difference. Explain it to me Sancho because I REALLY want to know. Then explain how my vote (and mine specifically since I voted in Minnesota who went for Gore) matters more than the mistakes the Dems and Gore made.

Would I do it again...probably not but it made zero difference at the time except to lower Gore's win % in the state.
                          I believed Reagan when he was running against Carter. Took me years to figure it out. I voted for Jesse. Biggest mistake of my voting career. I laughed at someone when they told me Clinton was going to win the nomination in 1992. But, after voting for Jesse I learned my lesson on 3rd party and staying home and not voting. 2000 Cemented it and has forever set my opinions. You don't like my opinions, don't read them.

As for Clinton and "Lock Her Up". It's still be chanted by millions of idiots. Who right now have the government they want and adore. So, am I jealous? Maybe a little cause even under Obama I never got the Government that represented me.

I assume by martyr you mean this? "a person who displays or exaggerates their discomfort or distress in order to obtain sympathy or admiration." Well, if that's what you think I'm doing I'm not going to try and change your mind. People think they know me but they don't.

As for me not getting it. I don't. Was I dumb enough to do it once? Yeah. Then I figured out what the two party system actually means.

Comment

I'll take a stab at it because this came up in 2016 with my cousin's wife. She was loud and proud about voting for Gary Johnson because of his running mate (former MA Gov Bill Weld) and because like yourself her vote wouldn't make a difference in a blue state. Put aside for a minute that a teacher voting for Mr. cut all federal funding to everything including education is absurd, and that Weld himself at the end of the campaign urged people to back Clinton. What I patiently explained to her is that she's going on in public (Facebook in this case) about how pure she is an uncorrupted by the two party choices, but apparently the people in the swing states need to allow themselves to be corrupted and do the right thing and vote for Clinton. Well obviously it doesn't work that way, as we found out in 2000. If the people in CA can be self-righteous and vote Nader, what's to stop the people in, oh I don't know, say Florida from applying the same standard to themselves? Answer: nothing apparently and with the advent of social media its even easier for the disease of purity to spread.

Now I'm going to step off my soap box and head to lunch.

Comment

A former aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo created the false flier suggesting that Cynthia Nixon was anti-Semitic, emails obtained by The Times show.
                              https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/n...imes&smtyp=cur

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s former top lieutenant approved an inflammatory flier that suggested the governor’s Democratic rival, Cynthia Nixon, was anti-Semitic, the campaign said on Wednesday. And it was another former aide to the governor who crafted the mailer’s language, according to an email obtained by The New York Times.

Lawrence S. Schwartz, the former secretary to the governor, inadvertently signed off on the flier after its language was drafted by David Lobl, a former special assistant to the governor who was volunteering with the re-election effort, the campaign said. Mr. Lobl suggested the language for the mailer in an email to two campaign aides, who helped create the flier.

The correspondence, dated Sept. 1, shows Mr. Lobl outlining text that was later replicated almost verbatim on the back side of the mailer, which was sent to 7,000 households shortly before Rosh Hashana and days before Thursday’s primary.

It reads:

“CN doesn’t want to fund yeshivas

CN is pro-BDS

CN has been silent on anti-Semetisim,” misspelling anti-Semitism.

Mr. Lobl, who acted as a liaison to the Jewish community when he worked for Mr. Cuomo, declined to comment.
                              Gee. I wonder why.

Comment

I'll take a stab at it because this came up in 2016 with my cousin's wife. She was loud and proud about voting for Gary Johnson because of his running mate (former MA Gov Bill Weld) and because like yourself her vote wouldn't make a difference in a blue state. Put aside for a minute that a teacher voting for Mr. cut all federal funding to everything including education is absurd, and that Weld himself at the end of the campaign urged people to back Clinton. What I patiently explained to her is that she's going on in public (Facebook in this case) about how pure she is an uncorrupted by the two party choices, but apparently the people in the swing states need to allow themselves to be corrupted and do the right thing and vote for Clinton. Well obviously it doesn't work that way, as we found out in 2000. If the people in CA can be self-righteous and vote Nader, what's to stop the people in, oh I don't know, say Florida from applying the same standard to themselves? Answer: nothing apparently and with the advent of social media its even easier for the disease of purity to spread.

Now I'm going to step off my soap box and head to lunch.
                                A third party candidate could easily have made MN and other states go red in '16 - when many thought Hillary was a slam dunk. Hindsight is 20/20. Voting on principle next time could make the difference.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X