X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2018 midterm elections!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    (D) voters have always been every bit as “tribal” as (R) voters. I think it’s cute how a few of them have now decided that the political climate against the R’s is favorable enough that they feel comfortable to publicly acknowledge it.
    I didn't always used to vote straight (D), so you can throw that "tribal" canard out the window. In fact, I split my tickets in 2012 and 2014. However, it's clear at the present time that (R)s up and down the block need a good, hard spanking.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I didn't always used to vote straight (D), so you can throw that "tribal" canard out the window. In fact, I split my tickets in 2012 and 2014. However, it's clear at the present time that (R)s up and down the block need a good, hard spanking.
      why would you feel that you are "D voters"? kinda uppity, eh?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Exactly. That issue is a big loser. There's no fix in site for it. Medicare for all and single payer is all that is left and that'll never happen. Thus, Democratic (Sarandon) voters will be ****ed off again when it doesn't happen.
        need to nationalize the entire package..... insurance companies too. no way can you 'give' healthcare to anyone and leave the masses hanging. never will be support for that. people already cry about food stamps to preggo welfare baby factories (copyright somewhere). you give healthcare to anyone, that is something that chases the folks who still pay for their own (through work) to the R party full speed.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

(D) voters have always been every bit as “tribal” as (R) voters. I think it’s cute how a few of them have now decided that the political climate against the R’s is favorable enough that they feel comfortable to publicly acknowledge it.
          I get how someone from the outside might think so. But based on the track record, its not true. Both sides have their political preferences. But based on three things - the D case is fact based for most:

1. The GOP are just plain bad people. Although Obama didn't enact policies from the right, he positioned himself as a leader of the country and was civil to opponents. The right consists of some pretty terrible human beings by any standards. Outside of say the National Review, conservative media 100% of the time positions the left as the enemy of the country - not say the Russians. The list of horrible quotes from the guy who should be the country's role model are endless - calling women horseface? Makiing fun of handicapped people?

2. The GOP can't manage the economy. From a percent gain standpoint, the D administrations are off the charts in terms of stock market performance. Kansas, Wisconsin, Indiana and MS/AL/etc. brutalized their major cities and decimated their economies. The GOP has expanded the deficit every single administration since Nixon(?) and The Ds have reduced the deficit every single administration since Carter (?). I haven't found any economist claiming unilateral steel and coal tariffs are good - they punish everyone who uses those raw materials all the way down to us. I hope we can remember what W did to this country.

3. The GOP cheats the concepts buttressing this country. For every D gerrymandered district, the GOP has that time 3. Voter ID, voter disinfranchisement, overcrowded districts, constantly creating policies that the Supreme Court needs to review, refusing to even vote on Obama's supreme court justice, turning a blind eye to Russian interference in American votes, Trump's talk about adding terms to limits (and no he doesn't joke), etc. This was a waste of breath, because conservatives don't even see any of this as wrong. But Trumps best friends overseas are the guy who appears to have killed our journalist, the guy who invaded Ukraine, and the guy who said he wants to nuke the US.

There are fact based drivers behind our positions and that's not tribal. Yet the fact that conservatives or even you as the 'just sayin'' crowd can't rebut any of these arguments but support the right anyways...shows just how tribal conservatives are.
          Last edited by 5mn_Major; 10-20-2018, 02:14 PM.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

(D) voters have always been every bit as “tribal” as (R) voters.
            Voting history would suggest otherwise.

Comment

Where is your evidence for this statement? I spent the better part of my life voting for people from both parties and have voted for republicans from everything from dog catcher to president of the United States. I was never a "tribal" voter until it became clear the republicans were completely overtaken by the racists, fascists and idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                Where is your evidence for this statement? I spent the better part of my life voting for people from both parties and have voted for republicans from everything from dog catcher to president of the United States. I was never a "tribal" voter until it became clear the republicans were completely overtaken by the racists, fascists and idiots.
                Hovey has no evidence.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Hovey has no evidence.
                  Like all real, red-blooded 'Murican conservatives, he goes with his gut feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    https://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf...rs_used_s.html
                    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                    Groucho Marx
                    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                    Ron White
                    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                    Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Voting history would suggest otherwise.
                      Link?
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Hovey has no evidence.
                        Did you see how he just asked for a link? Adorable. Sling out a line of useless crap he can’t bakc up and ask someone else to prove their statement

Comment

Looks like my original observation struck a little too close to the bone for a few.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Looks like my original observation struck a little too close to the bone for a few.
                            Only in the sense that you have no response. But conservatives are rarely capable.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

My gut tells me that the way Trumpers react when they're called racists and bigots, is scientific proof that they're racists and bigots, who don't like being called out on it.

See how this works?

Comment

For those in Minnesota there are debates from 7-10 tonight on ABC for Minnesota races. Just got done watching Paulsen and Phillips go at it. 7 is Senate. 8 is Governor. 9 is Attorney General.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X