Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCHC gets autobid.

https://***********/d3hkybiggsy/status/1012763471396638720?s=21

The UCHC finally gets the autobid to take effect this season.

Re: UCHC gets autobid.

Pool B is dead
    AQs
    East: CCC, MASCAC, NEHC, NESCAC, SUNYAC, UCHC
    West: MIAC, NCHA
    Pool C: 4 teams including WIAC
    Last edited by joecct; 06-29-2018, 08:44 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hallelujah!

With Wilkes and Anna Maria beginning play this year the tourney bid ratio is up to 12.77 from 12.46.
      I believe there was precedence that the women's tourney added another bid once the bid ratio went above half.
      Could the men get the same or are we waiting for 2 more teams (AMC in '19 and ??? after that) to get that 13th bid.

Comment

Looking to the future, will the UCHC lose the bid when the MAC splits off?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Looking to the future, will the UCHC lose the bid when the MAC splits off?
          That looks a little bit less likely with Manhattanville pulling out of the MAC.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
            https://***********/d3hkybiggsy/status/1012763471396638720?s=21

The UCHC finally gets the autobid to take effect this season.
            Wonder what fishy's take will be on this
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
              Hallelujah!

With Wilkes and Anna Maria beginning play this year the tourney bid ratio is up to 12.77 from 12.46.
              I believe there was precedence that the women's tourney added another bid once the bid ratio went above half.
              Could the men get the same or are we waiting for 2 more teams (AMC in '19 and ??? after that) to get that 13th bid.
              I think the latest thing is that they are avoiding odd numbers of teams in the field. They made an exception to that for the women.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I admit that I say this out of complete ignorance since I don't know much of either school, but Anna Maria seems like it is cut from the same cloth of the now-defunct Mt. Ida. What are the chances that AMC's fate is the same?
                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Pool B is dead
                  AQs
                  East: CCC, MASCAC, NEHC, NESCAC, SUNYAC, UCHC
                  West: MIAC, NCHA
                  Pool C: 4 teams including WIAC
                  It should read -- Pool C: includes everybody who does not get an AQ.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                    I admit that I say this out of complete ignorance since I don't know much of either school, but Anna Maria seems like it is cut from the same cloth of the now-defunct Mt. Ida. What are the chances that AMC's fate is the same?
                    They just added 25 tuition paying men. Figure $25,000 cost to attend for each student, that's added $625K to the school's coffers, less the cost of running the hockey team. Add in other males who may attend, but not make the team, the school probably added $$ to the bottom line.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

UCHC Recruiting

I was formerly under the mistaken impression that an autobid would somehow help the recruitment efforts of the league's member schools, but the success of the WIAC shot that theory all to he11 and back.

Also puzzling that there is absolutely nothing on the Uchc's website to this effect!? One would think ... but then again, sometimes it's better not to think.

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                        I’ve been told that hiring the new football coach and adding hockey are the desperation, Hail Mary efforts to avoid that very scenario. According to “sources”, AMC is in tough financial shape and if these moves don’t work, they’re in big trouble.

It doesn’t help that they were recently ranked near the bottom by some publication in Return On Investment among US schools. If I can track down the article, I’ll post a link

Comment

Re: UCHC Recruiting

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                          I was formerly under the mistaken impression that an autobid would somehow help the recruitment efforts of the league's member schools, but the success of the WIAC shot that theory all to he11 and back.
                          There are exceptions to every rule... Though, a lot of us were saying the WIAC schools were doomed when they broke away from the NCHA and lost an autobid. LOL

There are lots of factors in recruiting, and though an autobid can be a big one, it can be overcome with other strong factors. Location, tradition, and school support are certainly major factors helping the WIAC schools.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Fish ... will this decision mitigate (a tad) your disdain for the selection process?

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                              Fish ... will this decision mitigate (a tad) your disdain for the selection process?
                              AND, they're going to the 2 games + DMG for the semis and finals!!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X