UCHC gets autobid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    They just added 25 tuition paying men. Figure $25,000 cost to attend for each student, that's added $625K to the school's coffers, less the cost of running the hockey team. Add in other males who may attend, but not make the team, the school probably added $$ to the bottom line.
    And another 20 women @ $25,000 since they’re also starting a women’s program. So another $500k.

Comment

Re: UCHC gets autobid.

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
      Fish ... will this decision mitigate (a tad) your disdain for the selection process?
      Not much. The system is fundamentally flawed whether the UCHC gets a gift bid or not.

Nothing new from me here; I would eliminate AQ's completely and select on the basis of a sound metric, and if forced to award AQ's I would select the RS winner. Same old.

The UCHC was a fairly lousy conference last year. Only Utica had any sort of an argument for NCAA inclusion. Had it been eligible for an AQ, and had anyone but UC won the conference tournament, the UCHC would have been represented by a team that had no business whatsoever garnering a berth. The field is just too small for this situation to exist, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Not much. The system is fundamentally flawed whether the UCHC gets a gift bid or not.

Nothing new from me here; I would eliminate AQ's completely and select on the basis of a sound metric, and if forced to award AQ's I would select the RS winner. Same old.

The UCHC was a fairly lousy conference last year. Only Utica had any sort of an argument for NCAA inclusion. Had it been eligible for an AQ, and had anyone but UC won the conference tournament, the UCHC would have been represented by a team that had no business whatsoever garnering a berth. The field is just too small for this situation to exist, IMO.
        Still not happy?? Stop the press. What a shocker.

Comment

Re: UCHC gets autobid.

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Not much.
          So ... a tad?

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
            So ... a tad?
            So you're telling me there's a chance....
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
            X