X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.37: The Earth is Flat and the Babies Are Crying

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Turn off the internet for 5 days and see what happens.
    When I moved to my new house a few years ago, I decided to forgo cable and internet and settled into a nice rhythm of learning to cook, watching movies, and enjoying the homeowners life.

I went about five or six month without it. It was great. I didn’t really surf the net at work, didn’t glue myself to my celphone, and just generally disconnected.

I decided it was time to change when I was listening to the radio on the drive home and someone said something was “deader than Bin Laden.” I didn’t get it. Got home and did a quick search on my phone. I missed the biggest news of the year by three days. I think I called Comcast the next day.

Disconnecting and recentering yourself every so often is good. Being disconnected from the world is not. I’d rather turn off my phone and tv for a night, make something special for dinner, and enjoy a glass of wine. I’ve done that a few times this year and it’s like getting eight hours of sleep.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      People are actually upset because [somebody] included [something] on [something].
      surprised?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        People are actually upset because the Boston Pops performance included a reading of the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.
        I was there. It was awesome.

One of the performers, Rhiannon Giddens, was talking about a song she was about to perform, said it “had a little bit of Appalachia, a little bit of Irish, and a little bit of West Africa. You know, like America.” Loud cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          When I moved to my new house a few years ago, I decided to forgo cable and internet and settled into a nice rhythm of learning to cook, watching movies, and enjoying the homeowners life.

I went about five or six month without it. It was great. I didn’t really surf the net at work, didn’t glue myself to my celphone, and just generally disconnected.

I decided it was time to change when I was listening to the radio on the drive home and someone said something was “deader than Bin Laden.” I didn’t get it. Got home and did a quick search on my phone. I missed the biggest news of the year by three days. I think I called Comcast the next day.

Disconnecting and recentering yourself every so often is good. Being disconnected from the world is not. I’d rather turn off my phone and tv for a night, make something special for dinner, and enjoy a glass of wine. I’ve done that a few times this year and it’s like getting eight hours of sleep.
          It's just over a week and half until we do it again (Houghton trip). I log in, sorta. It's a drive by at best.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            You don't get it.

I can play this game, too.
            Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Always drive the speed limit, don't you?
            No. For the most part I do. In certain situations, I don't. And If I'm caught, I'd serve the penalty. No excuses.
            Oh, rufus, do you litter? Forgot to ask that in my last post. Do you observe pedestrian right of way? Use turn signals at all times? Have any obstructions on your license plate or rear-view mirror (yes, air fresheners count).

It's about as relevant as to the intent of your question.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Yeah. But it's not a game. It's people's lives. I'm not playing.
            You don't get it.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            **** you.
            All I see are a few children arguing.

Comment

If I break the law, I've made a choice, and am ready to accept the consequences if caught.

Speeding is more of a minor offense, but as pointed out, it's still against the law. The latter I agree with. Entering a country as an illegal is a bit more major in my eyes. YMMV.

The latter is also something that some are ready to excuse. I disagree.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

People are actually upset because the Boston Pops performance included a reading of the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.
                Where? I thought it fit well within Rita Moreno's number. "America" from West Side Story was very well done and entertaining, and still has a political zing ~60 years after it was first written.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Where? I thought it fit well within Rita Moreno's number. "America" from West Side Story was very well done and entertaining, and still has a political zing ~60 years after it was first written.
                  Twitter. Where, yes, you can find someone upset about anything, but there were a good number of folks angry the Pops made it political.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Trump wants a war somewhere, with someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Speeding is more of a minor offense,
                      Entering a country as an illegal is a bit more major in my eyes. YMMV.
                      Not according to the laws on the books. Entering the country illegally is the same as a traffic ticket with a court appointment.

Trump's authorization made it zero tolerance. Applied to your breaking of the speed limit: this would be akin to the immediate impounding and forfeiture of your Camaro when you're caught doing *one* mile an hour over the speed limit. Oh, and then the Michigan State Police will confiscate your driver's license, deport you back to Minnesota, and you never see your Camaro again.
                      Last edited by aparch; 07-05-2018, 08:44 AM.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Twitter. Where, yes, you can find someone upset about anything, but there were a good number of folks angry the Pops made it political.
                        independence day celebrations ARE POLITCAL by default. it marks the founding of a country.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Trump wants a war somewhere, with someone.
                          The area they were borded at disputed waters. The rock with a lighthouse on it is manned by Canadians, and both Canadians and Americans have sailed that water treating it internationally.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that this is a murky situation, and one that the (obviously overreaching) Broder Patrol is pushing. But Trump ain't going to stop them.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

WASHINGTON — After a court order to reunite more than 2,000 migrant children who were separated from their parents in May and June, the Trump administration has instructed immigration agents to give those parents two options: leave the country with your kids — or leave the country without them, according to a copy of a government form obtained by NBC News.

The new instructions to agents do not allow parents who were separated from their children under President Donald Trump's "zero tolerance" policy to reunite with their children while they await a decision on asylum, a protection sought by thousands of migrant families fleeing violence in Central America.

Advocates say that even migrants who have already passed their initial asylum screenings are being presented with the form. "We are seeing cases where people who have passed credible fear interviews and have pending asylum claims are being given this form," said Lee Gelernt, a lawyer with the American Civil Liberties Union who is leading a class action lawsuit for family reunification.
                            https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...s-kids-n888631

Asylum law dictates that immigrants should be allowed to make an asylum claim before a judge even if they have been given an order of deportation. Immigration rights advocates say forcing parents to choose immediately between leaving the country with or without their children means they are effectively prevented from asking for asylum.

"A child should never be held hostage to force a parent to relinquish their legal right to seek asylum," said Wendy Young, president of Kids in Need of Defense (KIND).
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Worth a watch. Time for people to wake the **** up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7TGWaHaUeU
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Oh, rufus, do you litter? Forgot to ask that in my last post. Do you observe pedestrian right of way? Use turn signals at all times? Have any obstructions on your license plate or rear-view mirror (yes, air fresheners count).

It's about as relevant as to the intent of your question.
                                No, it's not. If you're going to be such a stickler about the law, then all laws must be treated the same. You can't piously demand that these people obey the law you want them to obey, while you run around breaking numerous laws every day. And the law they're breaking, entering this country illegally, is a misdemeanor, same as breaking the speed limit.

So shut it, "immigrants are the new slaves" boy(Why have I heard that same argument coming out of the psycho right wing commentators? Hmmmmmmm). And why is that just about the stupidest thing I've ever read from someone on this forum. Even dumber than Flaggy, if that's possible. No surprise that he would think you were making some sort of brilliant argument. Got news for you. If Flaggy thinks you're making a good point, you might want to re-think what you're trying to say. Just a word of advice.

And no, I don't litter. No obstructions. Try to use turn signals all the time.

Anything else, efftard?
                                Last edited by rufus; 07-05-2018, 08:38 AM.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X