X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS: 45.37: The Earth is Flat and the Babies Are Crying

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Further proof the NYTimes sucks. Their constant need to print these "A Bio of A Trump Voter" stories ranks up there with CNN stories about how [insert speech here] is when Trump became Presidential.
    Yup. NYT is the enemy. Cowards in the face of Republican attacks, they continue to print RNC press releases in the hopes that they won't be accused of "bias". A shell of its former self.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      You can report atrocities all you want. Armenia was a statistic as was Rawanda.

Unless somebody gives a poop, it doesn't count.
      Again, the one person who likes to pretend that they speak with some kind of moral authority comes out with a real winner.

I'm confused why a "family values" person like yourself, joe, isn't outraged by kids being taken from their parents.

A LOT of people give a darn. It's people like you, who apparently don't, that are really odd.

But thank you from having to read any "moral" posts from you- you've lost the ground where you can make that argument.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Look at the last post in the previous thread. Then get back to me.
        Sorry- I thought I was replying to Brent.

If people don't think that the treatment is horrible, then they NEED to be shown it. If after repeating that showing, they still think it's ok- then their side is perfectly clear. They are not someone I would want to really engage with.

And let's remind ourselves that many of the people who want to deny basic human rights on people who are in a horrible situation- they also want to defend the 2nd at all costs. And I remind them, once again, if you want people to defend your rights, you should go out of your way to defend other's rights. Otherwise, you are making a BS argument for support. Lead by example.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Again, the one person who likes to pretend that they speak with some kind of moral authority comes out with a real winner.

I'm confused why a "family values" person like yourself, joe, isn't outraged by kids being taken from their parents.

A LOT of people give a darn. It's people like you, who apparently don't, that are really odd.

But thank you from having to read any "moral" posts from you- you've lost the ground where you can make that argument.
          You missed the point - as usual. Let me simplify it.

Unless society is shocked, it will do nothing.
          Armenia - nothing. Granted it was 100 years ago.
          Germany in WW2. Eventually, but 6 million would say too late.
          Rawanda - hand wringing. Nothing

The West DID get aroused over the former Yugoslavia and people were tried. Few and far between.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Further proof the NYTimes sucks. Their constant need to print these "A Bio of A Trump Voter" stories ranks up there with CNN stories about how [insert speech here] is when Trump became Presidential.
            So you don't think that a story that explores why people continue to support Trump despite things like the separation of families, the indictment of people from his campaign, etc..., is a worthwhile story to write? I suppose putting a human face to people that everyone here prefers to demonize kind of sucks, but I don't know that its a story that is not worth exploring.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish by raising this point in this context. It's true, but... you voted for these guys, and you're going to vote for them again next time and every time after that, no matter what they do.

Are you saying, "try and stop us"?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                So you don't think that a story that explores why people continue to support Trump despite things like the separation of families, the indictment of people from his campaign, etc..., is a worthwhile story to write? I suppose putting a human face to people that everyone here prefers to demonize kind of sucks, but I don't know that its a story that is not worth exploring.
                "Demonized"? Why are we supposed to cut these people slack? They are racist. They are xenophobic. They have taken the core message of Christianity, love, and twisted it into their own reflection of their self-loathing, hatred.

The right constantly harps against political correctness and claims they want things called by their real names. Well, these people are sh-t. The policies they have set in motion are the classic murderous violence that Morlocks have always let loose on the world whenever they are unopposed. Stop hiding behind political correctness and call these people what they are.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No. I don't. Sorry. They're a complete waste of time.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    No. I don't. Sorry. They're a complete waste of time.
                    There is a reason to study them. Know your enemy.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      There is a reason to study them. Know your enemy.
                      Complete waste of time. You can't beat them unless you outvote them. The only way to outvote them is to find someone for the Dems to fall in love with. The studying that needs to be done is on the left, not the right. We know the right. God, Gays, Guns. They're intractable one issue voters that will vote for Donald Trump. What we don't understand is why the left will tie itself in knots and eat their own young so the Republic can be destroyed. That's what we need articles written about.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No I dont. Cause I dont care why anymore.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Apparently this immigration and these anchor babies are ok. Wonder why...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They're white. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I want to say CBS or NBC covered this a fwe months back. Tourism births are becoming very popular, but especially among Russians.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                You missed the point - as usual. Let me simplify it.

Unless society is shocked, it will do nothing.
                                Armenia - nothing. Granted it was 100 years ago.
                                Germany in WW2. Eventually, but 6 million would say too late.
                                Rawanda - hand wringing. Nothing

The West DID get aroused over the former Yugoslavia and people were tried. Few and far between.
                                So where is YOUR outrage? I keep asking that, and you reply with some BS.

Much of society is shocked, and many wonder why people like you are not.

Comment

Working...
                                X