This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.37: The Earth is Flat and the Babies Are Crying

Not really about Trump, but think this is great on the issues of NY and really our country overall https://harpers.org/archive/2018/07/...entrification/
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

RE Trump's talk with one-time financial journalist and current Fox boot-licker Maria Bartiromo:
      In her interview with President Trump, Maria Bartiromo cited the polite protest of the Red Hen restaurant, along with the crass denunciations of a couple movie stars, to highlight the alleged incivility of Trump’s opponents. This is a favored theme of the right, though a tricky one to emphasize, given the irrepressible bullying vulgarity of the president himself.

“As the commander-in-chief, as the president of this great country, what can you do to bring us together?” she asked. This Bartiromo prodding Trump to utter some dignified-sounding banalities about American unity in order to promote the fiction that he is above the level of his cherry-picked opponents. Trump failed to pick up on the cue.

“Our people are so incredible,” he replied, in what could have developed into some acceptable pabulum about the great American people, but which Trump immediately made clear was a reference limited to the people who voted for him: “Do you know, there’s probably never been a base in the history of politics in this country like my base. I hope the other side realizes that they better just take it easy.”
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Her really knows how to put the ass in class.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

"Or ol' Cletus will be showing up at yer place of work with his shotgun."
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Scavino or Miller is using the official White House twitter for his trolling of Kamala Harris today.

Edit: And Warren.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Ummmmmmm, the immigrant kids reunited with their parents yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Ummmmmmm, the immigrant kids reunited with their parents yet?
                    Meanwhile in Western Europe:
                    @alessabocchi: Austria says it will close its borders after Germany reached a deal expelling migrants. Italy will do the same. The only countries agreeing to take them are Spain & Greece for debt relief. Axis of Italy, Austria, Hungary, and Poland is forming against France & Germany.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      @alessabocchi: Austria says it will close its borders after Germany reached a deal expelling migrants. Italy will do the same. The only countries agreeing to take them are Spain & Greece for debt relief. Axis of Italy, Austria, Hungary, and Poland is forming against France & Germany.
                      That's what encouraging the growth of right-wing "alt-right" groups gets you.

Might wanna take that lesson and apply it right here, at home. Stop it before it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Whats your point? Is it ok for us to act evil just cause a bunch of other counties are starting to do the same? Mighty Christian of ya joe.

Of course those countries actually have immigration problems...not made up ones that are used to to make poor yokels feel like it isnt their fault they are poor.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Of course those countries actually have immigration problems...not made up ones that are used to to make poor yokels feel like it isnt their fault they are poor.
                          Just cause northern states don’t perceive a problem doesn’t mean southern states may not feel they have one.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/07/0...investigation/

Sometime last year, I went to the FBI and provided information on a person whom I had come to believe had played a significant role in the Russian election attack on the US. Since that time, a number of public events have made it clear I was correct.

…….

I always planned to disclose this when this person’s role was publicly revealed. But I’m doing so now for two reasons. First, I think the public deserves to see the text he sent me at 3:15 PM on November 9, 2016.

……….

The text sent to me matches both those reports — indeed, it makes it clear that “shortly after the election” means just over 14 hours after polls closed. But the text doesn’t come from anyone, like Kushner or Flynn, inside the Trump team. It comes from someone who, I believe, had already done real damage to the United States as part of the Russian attack. That person understood the cooperation with Syria in terms of the US backing Bashar al-Assad, not in terms of fighting ISIS.
                            I’m making this public now because a David Ignatius report Thursday maps out an imminent deal with Russia and Israel that sounds like what was described to me within hours of the election. This deal appears to be the culmination of an effort that those involved in the Russian attack worked to implement within hours after the election.
                            But...…………………………………..no collusion.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Just cause northern states don’t perceive a problem doesn’t mean southern states may not feel they have one.
                              They have problems...banning brown people isnt going to solve them. Cletus going to school will.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hey Airhead...maybe those Americans wouldnt be struggling if you and your your ilk didnt put forth policies that screwed them over. Of course not everyone is as vapid and cold as you are.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X